1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Thanks, scara
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Please read this post: https://www.glory-glory.co.uk/community/threads/fund-raising-for-jeremy-yermiyahu.10542/
    Dismiss Notice

Coronavirus

Discussion in 'Randomination' started by markysimmo, 27 Feb 2020.

1. Lilbaz

Lilbaz Justin Edinburgh

No. What joe rogan said was that young healthy people don't need the vaccine.

Nothing about old people.

2. Lilbaz

Lilbaz Justin Edinburgh

Young healthy people don't have comorbidities.

3. Seedy Ron

Seedy Ron Steve Carr

Young people don't have illnesses like diabetes?

4. Lilbaz

Lilbaz Justin Edinburgh

Young HEALTHY people don't.

Last edited: 28 Jan 2022
  5. glasgowspur

glasgowspur Les Ferdinand

I have seen very little of this, i have seen a fair amount of "its is people who would have died anyway", which is a totally different thing.
    It is also why i keep saying that we need the total daily death figures along with the covid figure.

6. Jurgen the German

Jurgen the German Paul Stewart

The trans lobby are militant to say the least. If you disagree with any of their rhetoric or ideology, they’ll paint you as a transphobe to shut down any debate. Trans people shouldn’t be discriminated against, they should be treated as equal. They’re not just automatically right, but that’s how some on the left feel we should treat them, like you can’t disagree with them.

Lilbaz likes this.
  7. Jurgen the German

I like Rogan. I’m not particularly a fan of UFC but he gets great interviews out of people and makes them feel at ease. It’s true he often alters his views ad-hoc to suit the person he is talking to. I don’t agree with his political views for the most part. He has acted like a caveman during the pandemic. Bill Burr absolutely rinsed him on the show as rogan was mocking people who work masks. Burr and Rogan are good friends, but Burr essentially called him a knuckle dragger on Rohan’s own show. It was quite comical :D Rogan took it well to be fair.

I also like Neil Young, I inherited his music from my dad who loved all of his work. I agree it’s not explicitly censorship, but it’s damn close. He could have just said “I’m removing my music as I don’t want to be associated with Spotify/Rogan” rather than making them pick between the two. To me it sums up the world we live in. People aren’t adult enough anymore it seems to turn something off if they don’t like it. It’s got to be banned. I don’t like rugby, so I change the channel when it’s on. Similar thing happened on this forum the other day. Won’t name names, but someone called for mods to remove certain posters. It’s very childish IMO. Netflix employees called for the platform to remove Dave Chapelle’s special from the platform. They didn’t and stuck by Dave. We need more big companies like Netflix and Spotify to follow their lead and stand up this stuff. Stephen Fry said something quite poignant recently, he said he wants the left to be smarter and be more aware of how they are alienating well-meaning people. Mirrors my own views. I’m very liberal minded, but I feel the left have lost their way a little. Still won’t compel me to vote for the tories, but the left need to be smarter.

Also, did Spotify remove Neil Young or did he remove his own music? Some articles say Spotify removed the music, I read in the Independent that Young took the decision to remove his catalogue on his own accord.

djp82 and Lilbaz like this.
  8. LemonadeMoney

LemonadeMoney Les Ferdinand

Who cares about old people anyway. If it were down to me they'd be slaughtered at birth.

Mikey10, johnola and Lilbaz like this.
  9. parklane1

parklane1 Terry Dyson

I hope i never meet you then :eek: ;)

10. SteveAWOL

SteveAWOL Andy Thompson

FWIW…

11. Rorschach

Rorschach Vivian Woodward

Spotify has had to stop people canceling their accounts. The server was overwhelmed or something.

thfcsteff likes this.
  12. Lilbaz

Lilbaz Justin Edinburgh

Yes steve i know (i mentioned comorbidities in my post). But as i said young healthy people don't have comorbidities or pre existing conditions.

The number of young healthy people in the uk that have died in the uk of covid is just over 100.

If you want the break down watch the vid i posted by dr john campbell.

13. Mikey10

Mikey10 Simon Davies

I’ll look forward then to the other deals coming to fruition in the three days that are left.

14. glasgowspur

glasgowspur Les Ferdinand

Some of that is just a ranty guilt trip.
    And for simeine with math in his moniker he makes to many sweeping generalisations.

15. SteveAWOL

SteveAWOL Andy Thompson

Okay, I’ll have a look over the weekend.

I used to watch nurse Campbell’s videos daily but have done so infrequently in recent months, partly as he seemed to deviate from providing objective updates on global data whilst explaining the latest pre-prints to trying to tap into Rogan’s demographic by being a bit more edgy.

16. Jurgen the German

I don’t agree with Rohan’s views on covid but I strongly dislike people trying to cancel or de-platform him. Be interesting to see what happens if more high profile/hip artists like Taylor Swift or Adele follow Neil Young and threaten to leave Spotify.

17. Rorschach

Are you pro-Saruman?

He shouldn't nor won't be de-platformed. That is a red-herring. All he has to do is to nix the covid misinfo and then nobody (well less people) will have objections to his incel tossaton sessions.

18. Baleforce

Baleforce Steve Archibald

What news from the mark?

spasm likes this.
  19. Rorschach

Mark and Susan are running a bit late but will be along later.

20. thfcsteff

thfcsteff Willie Hall

Corporate bravery has never particularly impressed me, simply because if the person involved wasn’t hitting their expected dollar metric, they’d be shat upon immediately (Chapelle springs to mind). Rogan is a decent interviewer but no more than that for me. I agree with Fry. Neil Young took an aggressive stance with choices to be made on both sides. For me, it is a different path than censorship. He has also put his money where his mouth is, albeit I am sure he couldn’t give a fudge about bricky compressed-delivery streaming services that absolutely rinse artists all ways they can.