• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Coronavirus

Time to lock this thread then and try and forgot all of this ever happened?

My only positive takeaway from this past 22 months has been all the al fresco sex in woods. Everything else can just be wiped and lets pretend it was Feb 20 again.

Lancing clump was jumping the other evening.

Anyway it turns out deaths in the uk solely down to covid are 17k. Freedom of information from the ons has revealed. Obviously many more deaths of people with serious other health issues. Msm hasn't mentioned it though?

Actually did you get round to the video we discussed last week or the week before when he talked about vaccination?

I know what you mean. Lots of so called academics made comments on broadcast medias and social media about COVID that were beyond the scope of their expertise. I didn't put Devi Sridhar into that category though. She was one of the few that actually predicted the COVID pandemic before it happened and was then imo, spot on with her commentary. Neil Ferguson is a physicist/mathematician by training while Sridhar is a biologist, so they have different perspectives on the outbreak. Guess we will have to agree to disagree.

No worries and no hard feelings.

I have only been saying this for two years.
The distortion and misrepresentation of death figures has been criminal.
I do remember you voicing this very early on. Unless my memory is bad . Did you not say you work in the funerals industry or along those lines.

I do remember you voicing this very early on. Unless my memory is bad . Did you not say you work in the funerals industry or along those lines.

29 years supplying funerals directors coffin interiors and coffin furniture.
From South of England to the shetlands.
Only area we don't cover is Ireland.

I think that is unfair to prof Sridhar. She has always taken a pretty reasonable position over covid and has been consistent in actually “following” the science. She argued for test and trace early on and against the herd immunity strategy when there were neither vaccines nor effective treatments. She argued against school closures by advocating vaccinating school children and putting money in schools for other mitigations, before it became government policy.

While England was prepared to live with more covid deaths than other parts of the UK, she argued that mitigations such as masks and covid passes and more controls in closed, unventilated places were needed. Of course now with Vaccines, effective treatments alongside a highly infectious but relatively mild variant infecting large swathes of the population she is saying we can lift the restrictions. A sensible position to take imho. Much more sensible than most of the politicians tbh.

She was after a zero covid strategy. Wanting all travel in and out of ghe uk banned as recently as last summer. Forget we're an international travel hub.

But tbf, that's her focus. To save lives. It's just there is no practicality in many of her suggestions.

She alledgedly has interests in Big Pharma, her personal wealth has gone from £800k to £25m in a year

Ok, lets get past the headlines. Someone infected needs to isolate for 14 days. People who share the home with them have to isolate from the time they were last exposed to them, for 10 days. Which mostly will be less than the 14 days.

Silly (14 days way too long), but nz has little immunity in it's population. So omicron will rip through the population. Even being mild it will cause havok.

Wish them the best.

Ok, lets get past the headlines. Someone infected needs to isolate for 14 days. People who share the home with them have to isolate from the time they were last exposed to them, for 10 days. Which mostly will be less than the 14 days.

Silly (14 days way too long), but nz has little immunity in it's population. So omicron will rip through the population. Even being mild it will cause havok.

Wish them the best.

Its not that different to recent guidelines here in the UK, company imposed if not by the government.

https://amp.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2022/jan/19/science-covid-ineradicable-disease-prevention

As one of the biggest supporters of lock down and that governments weren't going far enough the hypocrisy of this one knows no bounds.
Can't be much more than 3 weeks ago she was telling us that lives were being lost because restrictions were not harsh enough.

Was also one of our nicolas advisors, this won't sit well with her.

I believe she argued for zero covid for a while.

Couldn't help noticing that this was the only opinion piece she's written where you can't add comments, presumably to save face.

Its not that different to recent guidelines here in the UK, company imposed if not by the government.

Dunno about company. But there's a lot of difference between 7 days and 14.

The ons had almost 5 million people in the uk infected the other week. That's with all the vaccinations and prior infections. We'd let it run since july. For the nz workforce it could be devastating.

We'll see how they get on.

Back