• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Coronavirus

Why lift the mask mandates, there is zero downside to wearing a mask for most people, and exemptions for those with issues?

He’s throwing everything he can out there to try and distract from their abhorrent behaviour.

They cause immunity to wane. The best collective defence against it (following a vaccine roll-out) is to have natural immunity continuously topped up

Have a look at the graph in the sky news vid. England had the lowest peak out of the home nations. Shows that restrictions now are counter productive. Just restrictions for restrictions sake.

Have a look at the graph in the sky news vid. England had the lowest peak out of the home nations. Shows that restrictions now are counter productive. Just restrictions for restrictions sake.

and restrictions for control and power reasons only by Drakeford and C U Jimmy

https://amp.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2022/jan/19/science-covid-ineradicable-disease-prevention

As one of the biggest supporters of lock down and that governments weren't going far enough the hypocrisy of this one knows no bounds.
Can't be much more than 3 weeks ago she was telling us that lives were being lost because restrictions were not harsh enough.

Was also one of our nicolas advisors, this won't sit well with her.
I think that is unfair to prof Sridhar. She has always taken a pretty reasonable position over covid and has been consistent in actually “following” the science. She argued for test and trace early on and against the herd immunity strategy when there were neither vaccines nor effective treatments. She argued against school closures by advocating vaccinating school children and putting money in schools for other mitigations, before it became government policy.

While England was prepared to live with more covid deaths than other parts of the UK, she argued that mitigations such as masks and covid passes and more controls in closed, unventilated places were needed. Of course now with Vaccines, effective treatments alongside a highly infectious but relatively mild variant infecting large swathes of the population she is saying we can lift the restrictions. A sensible position to take imho. Much more sensible than most of the politicians tbh.

Last edited:
I think that is unfair to prof Sridhar. She has always taken a pretty reasonable position over covid and has been consistent in actually “following” the science. She argued for test and trace early on and against the herd immunity strategy when there were neither vaccines nor effective treatments. She argued against school closures by advocating vaccinating school children and putting money in schools for other mitigations, before it became government policy.

While England was prepared to live with more covid deaths than other parts of the UK, she argued that mitigations such as masks and covid passes and more controls in closed, unventilated places were needed. Of course now with Vaccines, effective treatments alongside a highly infectious but relatively mild variant infecting large swathes of the population she is saying we can lift the restrictions. A sensible position to take imho. Much more sensible than most of the politicians tbh.

If by "follow the science" you mean promoting the frankly ridiculous projections of ferguson then fair enough.

If by "follow the science" you mean promoting the frankly ridiculous projections of ferguson then fair enough.
I don’t think she has done that all. She has spoken on public health platforms alongside Whitby and Van tam and is widely respected as a PH professional. She is not part of SAGE.

I don’t think she has done that all. She has spoken on public health platforms alongside Whitby and Van tam and is widely respected as a PH professional. She is not part of SAGE.
Well she has up here, was never off radio Scotland with ludicrous statements.

Well she has up here, was never off radio Scotland with ludicrous statements.
Mate I have listened to her many times during the pandemic. I can’t think of a single ludicrous statement she’s made. In fact quite the opposite she’s been pretty bang on. That’s why she has been asked to speak by a wide range of audiences from the Tory “Covid research group,” Oxford University as well as a number of Public Health organisations. She is widely recognised as one of the most sensible scientists on infectious disease.

Time to lock this thread then and try and forgot all of this ever happened?

My only positive takeaway from this past 22 months has been all the al fresco sex in woods. Everything else can just be wiped and lets pretend it was Feb 20 again.

Mate I have listened to her many times during the pandemic. I can’t think of a single ludicrous statement she’s made. In fact quite the opposite she’s been pretty bang on. That’s why she has been asked to speak by a wide range of audiences from the Tory “Covid research group,” Oxford University as well as a number of Public Health organisations. She is widely recognised as one of the most sensible scientists on infectious disease.

Some nights i almost crashed on my commute home at the bull she was spouting, including that worst case scenarios that proved to be so far out its a scandal, were possibly just the tip of the iceberg.
She sided with neil ferguson, who i see only recently is still claiming that his figures were right.

Some nights i almost crashed on my commute home at the bull she was spouting, including that worst case scenarios that proved to be so far out its a scandal, were possibly just the tip of the iceberg.
She sided with neil ferguson, who i see only recently is still claiming that his figures were right.
He is an oxygen thief !!!

I know what you mean. Lots of so called academics made comments on broadcast medias and social media about COVID that were beyond the scope of their expertise. I didn't put Devi Sridhar into that category though. She was one of the few that actually predicted the COVID pandemic before it happened and was then imo, spot on with her commentary. Neil Ferguson is a physicist/mathematician by training while Sridhar is a biologist, so they have different perspectives on the outbreak. Guess we will have to agree to disagree.

Anyway it turns out deaths in the uk solely down to covid are 17k. Freedom of information from the ons has revealed. Obviously many more deaths of people with serious other health issues. Msm hasn't mentioned it though?

Anyway it turns out deaths in the uk solely down to covid are 17k. Freedom of information from the ons has revealed. Obviously many more deaths of people with serious other health issues. Msm hasn't mentioned it though?

I have only been saying this for two years.
The distortion and misrepresentation of death figures has been criminal.

Back