1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Thanks, scara
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Please read this post: https://www.glory-glory.co.uk/community/threads/fund-raising-for-jeremy-yermiyahu.10542/
    Dismiss Notice

Coronavirus

Discussion in 'Randomination' started by markysimmo, 27 Feb 2020.

1. thfcsteff

thfcsteff Willie Hall

Nothing is 100%.

That main benefit was very welcomed by me, and doubtless millions and millions of others.

Shaming? I have not looked to shame anyone. Personally I think not vaccinating is poor on a couple of levels. Rather than ‘shaming’ I’d prefer to say ‘educating’…it is surely important to educate people as to the benefits of vaccines versus some of the ridiculous conspiracy theories thrown around.

2. thfcsteff

thfcsteff Willie Hall

Your anger is palpable.

I think to suggest that ‘vaccines don’t work properly anyway - they just make irrational people feel better somehow’ is really pretty contentious on several levels, not the least of which the statement lacks any basis of fact beyond a combination of your supposition and anger.

Your final sentence is bizarre; so it is more the fault of vaccinations that vulnerable people are dying?

I could wholly understand your position on vaccines re: what you put into your body if you are applying the same standards across the board, including the food you eat on a piece-by-piece basis (let’s be honest, the only true control you have in that regard is if you grow/cultivate your own), never take any medication whatsoever (or been subject to any vaccines), and have never engaged with an illegal substance/drug produced pulling the leaves off a marijuana plant.

I think your post and position highlights a huge issue we have pandemic-wise, which is the human and psychological side of this whole brick-show. At a time when we should all be pulling together to do the best we can for and by each other, divisions and rancor is continually being sewn between us. I don’t judge you per se -I disagree with your position on vaccines- but you obviously feel put upon, intimidated and defensive (in life on this issue). For me, that is unfortunate and solving that issue is the final key to achieving the sort of safety I believe will see everyone accept this is now an endemic issue and not a pandemic. I am interested to know the true roots of opposition to vaccination from those who eschew them; making people feel like parriahs is not part of my day for sure, and I am genuinely sorry if you currently feel that way in life…the truth is, many people are both scared and insecure right now on all sides. Here’s hoping we can recognize that truth amidst the weirdness.

3. SteveAWOL

SteveAWOL Andy Thompson

4. Lilbaz

Lilbaz Justin Edinburgh

Remember the ons figures only go up to jan 6th aswell.

5. Bullet

Bullet Steffen Freund

1) For simplicity, let's imagine that vaccines make the effects of the virus 10% of what they would otherwise be i.e. rather than feeling atrocious for weeks or dying, you feel a bit ill or quite ill. Therefore, it is clearly worth taking the vaccines.
    2) Let's imagine the risk from taking the vaccine is 0.0001%, as it is well established technology which has been well developed for meany years. Therefore, it is clearly worth taking the vaccines.
    3) Consider someone that works in care and needs to protect the vulnerable; the vaccine (and mask wearing) reduces the transferral of the virus. Therefore, it is clearly worth taking the vaccines.
    4) Picture a health service on its knees, hundreds of doctors and nurses giving up or about to keel over, tens of thousands of operations and surgeries and cancer scans delayed because hospitals are overrun with Covid cases which would have been 10% if everyone had somehow been magically vaccinated on day 1. Therefore, it is clearly worth taking the vaccines.
    5) Consider a virus which mutates, so you have to tweak the vaccine to deal with each mutation. Therefore, it is clearly worth taking the vaccines.

The worth of taking these vaccines is uncontestable.

6. SteveAWOL

SteveAWOL Andy Thompson

What a dumb Gooner twunt!

AuroRaman likes this.
  7. thfcsteff

thfcsteff Willie Hall

I rarely, rarely read twitter, but I did look at the comments after this…marvelous.

SteveAWOL and AuroRaman like this.
  8. Grays_1890

Grays_1890 Jimmy Neighbour

Welcomed by me too for sure, Im not aiming the shaming at you BTW

thfcsteff likes this.
  9. markysimmo

markysimmo Johnny nice-tits

10. markysimmo

11. Seedy Ron

Seedy Ron Steve Carr

Your Twitter feed must be a most curious place Marky. Although I have learnt my thing for the day - The Heritage Party, who knew?

12. markysimmo

It's a real mix of all sorts haha

13. markysimmo

Plan B to totally go from next week for England

Scotland and Wales carrying on with the unecessary control and ego feeding for their people in power

Gutter Boy likes this.
  14. johnola

johnola Sergei Rebrov

Bloody marvellous.

15. Baleforce

Baleforce Steve Archibald

Why lift the mask mandates, there is zero downside to wearing a mask for most people, and exemptions for those with issues?

He’s throwing everything he can out there to try and distract from their abhorrent behaviour.

16. Lilbaz

Lilbaz Justin Edinburgh

Why keep them? I get it for hospitals or visiting care homes, but why have to wear one when going in a shop or on a bus? They don't really do anything to slow spread, and we're not trying anymore. So what's the point?
    Nobody is stopping you from wearing one. But fining someone because they don't is stupid.

markysimmo likes this.
  17. markysimmo

Do they actually really make any difference at all ?
    Most people use masks that they have used 50 times and cost 2p each, more than likely totally useless

18. Baleforce

Baleforce Steve Archibald

because someone else on the bus or in the shop may be high risk

19. markysimmo

20. Lilbaz

Lilbaz Justin Edinburgh

Then they can get themselves an n95 mask.

This is omicron not other variants. The massive spike in number of infections has caused no increasein deaths according to the government site. In fact the numbers of deaths have been falling since november.

Scroll down to deaths with covid on the death certificate (these are deaths from not with covid and are not limited to 28 days).

https://coronavirus.data.gov.uk/details/deaths