• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Coronavirus

What’s the story here?

Not totally sure, still trying to get the whole story. A friend passed it onto me.
A friend that has been totally behind the government and vaccine etc, but had a bit of a rant yesterday, mainly about the media blackout of certain things.
He's a season ticket holder at celtic Park and I had heard rumours of a banner being unfurled, but not what the banner said.
Well it said FUDGE the SNP.
And that at the last celtic away game which was limited 500, thousands turned up and tried to storm the stadium.
He is not an snp supporter but is against the banner and the storming of the stadium, he is wondering why none of this is being reported.

Is that
- living with Covid plan by March, or
- living with Covid by March plan?

If it's taking 2 more months to announce an end to testing, then its not that good. If they are announcing it now to take effect in March, then great.

Great win for normal people today in Aus, you cant change the rules because you have moral high ground like the court ruled. People should be applauding the start to normality, seems to me some are so used to the way the worlds gone and have it cushy with WFH etc that the idea of normality scares them a little ha

New Yorker did a great piece on the Lab Leak theory. long read:

https://www.newyorker.com/science/elements/the-mysterious-case-of-the-covid-19-lab-leak-theory

For the record, not saying someone intentionally leaked covid. However, a lab leak definitely cannot be ruled out as an option by accident. Especially given Wuhan Insititute of Viruses in their backyard.

Not sure about that bit - about every university in the world has an infections and immunity research unit, with their own equivalent hazmat-only access facilities and store of nasties. It's why people are always nervous about the old abandoned Soviet facilities in central asia

Not sure about that bit - about every university in the world has an infections and immunity research unit, with their own equivalent hazmat-only access facilities and store of nasties. It's why people are always nervous about the old abandoned Soviet facilities in central asia

they certainly do, but well worth reading the article. As mentioned it likely would have needed to jump from bats to another species, well, that other species has never been identified. Also not all analysis in WIV were conducted at the 'Grade 3' level for infectious diseases, some at Level 2 which does not require the same hazmat designations.

Again, i don't think it was leaked intentionally and there's a chance it was like SARS which developed through zoonosis, however, we also cannot rule out a leak, it's just as plausible.

literally a whole host of major nations have had biosecurity incididents, these are KNOWN, let alone nations who hinder such things: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_laboratory_biosecurity_incidents

they certainly do, but well worth reading the article. As mentioned it likely would have needed to jump from bats to another species, well, that other species has never been identified. Also not all analysis in WIV were conducted at the 'Grade 3' level for infectious diseases, some at Level 2 which does not require the same hazmat designations.

Again, i don't think it was leaked intentionally and there's a chance it was like SARS which developed through zoonosis, however, we also cannot rule out a leak, it's just as plausible.

literally a whole host of major nations have had biosecurity incididents, these are KNOWN, let alone nations who hinder such things: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_laboratory_biosecurity_incidents

When the nurse came back to the uk with ebola. She was put in the royal free hospital. After she recovered her hospital bed was meant to be destroyed. I have it on good authority it wasn't, a guy simply washed it down with bleach and sold it on. Obviously didn't cause an outbreak. But you can see how simple stupidity and greed can cause all sorts of problems.

Back