• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Coronavirus

Falling. Omicron has replaced it for the most part. Can't find the graphic but the number of cases of delta has fallen as omicron has risen.

I can't find it either, but I'm sure I saw last week that Delta cases had fallen to something like 10-15k, and were continuing to drop

Good to see the main stream media pushing its usual rhetoric for restrictions in the presser
They really are fudgetards

I wonder how many people have caught COVID whilst in hospital for something completely different

Loads.

From memory… In my local trust - Epsom and St Helier - it was estimated at (post second wave) c.40% of cases, but that was the worst in England at that time.

The two people I know who died locally were both infected in hospital. One was my mates Mum who went in after a fall.

Edited to add this is a statement from that trust for three months to November…

“It is often unclear whether a patient with Covid acquired the infection in the healthcare setting or whether the patient already had the infection at the point of admission but was asymptomatic on presentation. The overall rates for the last three months show Epsom at 12% and St Helier at 21% of its Covid cases meeting the criterion for being a nosocomial infection (those infections that have been acquired by a patient from their interaction with healthcare). National data on nosocomial Covid-19 cases shows a range of between 10- 25%.”

Loads.

From memory… In my local trust - Epsom and St Helier - it was estimated at (post second wave) c.40% of cases, but that was the worst in England at that time.

The two people I know who died locally were both infected in hospital. One was my mates Mum who went in after a fall.

We didn't have widespread testing or realise there was asymptomatic cases back then.

We'll still have some cases caught in hospital, but it wont be anywhere near as bad as at the beginning.

In the last waves didn't know too many people with it but going back to work today half the department either has it or have just recovered from it.

Other changes to Covid measures have also been announced:

• Double vaccinated people will no longer need to take pre-departure tests when coming to England from 04:00 GMT on Sunday. Fully-jabbed arrivals will also not have to self-isolate while waiting for their day two test
  • People who test positive with a lateral flow test do not need to order a follow-up PCR test if they do not have symptoms. Anyone who has symptoms will still need to take a PCR test regardless, and anyone who tests positive with any test must self-isolate. The change comes into force in England from 11 January, in Northern Ireland immediately and in Scotland and Wales from Thursday

Other changes to Covid measures have also been announced:

• Double vaccinated people will no longer need to take pre-departure tests when coming to England from 04:00 GMT on Sunday. Fully-jabbed arrivals will also not have to self-isolate while waiting for their day two test
  • People who test positive with a lateral flow test do not need to order a follow-up PCR test if they do not have symptoms. Anyone who has symptoms will still need to take a PCR test regardless, and anyone who tests positive with any test must self-isolate. The change comes into force in England from 11 January, in Northern Ireland immediately and in Scotland and Wales from Thursday

Was listening to Dolores MacUmbridge telling us this on the way home this evening.
So, instead of a lateral flow and two days to await a pcr confirmation, its now just produce a positive lft and have 7 days off.
Brilliant.
Not as brilliant mind you as the epidemiologist that radio Scotland had on after it who basically contradicted every sentence she said with the next one.
Lft are so reliable we don't need pcr.
Lft are so unreliable that key front staff should be supplied with extra duty ppe. No mention of what extra duty ppe is.

Where do they get these idiots.

I wonder how many people have caught COVID whilst in hospital for something completely different
I know of a house-bound 84 year old who took a fall last Thursday, fracturing her arm/shoulder. She was taken to hospital and only 4 days later they discovered she had covid. So thats one.

so apparently Flu numbers are down again, down to the biology of Coronavirus. Basically, it's unlikely two viruses will infect the same person at the same time, not impossible, but unlikely. Given Omicron spread, it's left little room for Flu to kick in, so apparently numbers down again for Flu. Not sure what this means for the future, a return of flu etc, just interesting i thought.

Back