• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Coronavirus

We've had it for decades. Obfuscation of the truth from different industries. Tobacco, fossil fuels, big agriculture, media. Let alone religions or political leaders. Because they don't want there to be a truth or at least a truth that doesn't suit them.

So be cynical, question. But don't dismiss.

I have said for a very long time that the way out of a pandemic with a fast mutating virus is with therapeutics not vaccines.

its also summer there.

It is which could be a factor. But they've had a previous wave in the summer. Our wave started in july. Just not omicron.

There is going to be differences between the uk and sa. But to totally ignore the data from there when they are the only ones with experience of dealing with this variant is lunacy. Especially since it has mutated so much. The symptoms are different and how it effects are different.

Ok fudge south africa (bit racist but hey ho). What about data from hong kong? https://researchnews.cc/news/10606/...ter-than-Delta-in-human-bronchus#.Yb_FhI3Lc1K

Omicron effects the bronchial passages more but a lot less the lungs.

Also don't ignore the hk stuff. They cut bits of lung out of living people to get the results.

Last edited:
I have said for a very long time that the way out of a pandemic with a fast mutating virus is with therapeutics not vaccines.

No offense but that doesn't make sense. If the virus is mutating fast why would theraputics be any better than vaccines?

No offense but that doesn't make sense. If the virus is mutating fast why would theraputics be any better than vaccines?

really? The vaccines (all of them as far as I know) work by getting the body to recognise the spike protein. Problem with this is if the spike protein mutates enough, like it has with Omicron, then the bodies immune system does not recognise the spike protein and allows it to manifest.

therapeutics on the other hand will/should target killing the virus. So people get infected with various variants but they are prevented from getting seriously Ill by taking therapeutics, which are not based on one part of the virus, but on the virus as a whole.

basically antibiotics for viruses (the coronavirus) not easy but neither was producing a vaccine so quickly.

really? The vaccines (all of them as far as I know) work by getting the body to recognise the spike protein. Problem with this is if the spike protein mutates enough, like it has with Omicron, then the bodies immune system does not recognise the spike protein and allows it to manifest.

therapeutics on the other hand will/should target killing the virus. So people get infected with various variants but they are prevented from getting seriously Ill by taking therapeutics, which are not based on one part of the virus, but on the virus as a whole.

basically antibiotics for viruses (the coronavirus) not easy but neither was producing a vaccine so quickly.

The virus mutates at random. The mutations that get past immunity or theraputics survive. Those that don't don't. A fast mutating virus finds ways to get past both vaccines and theraputics.

The virus mutates at random. The mutations that get past immunity or theraputics survive. Those that don't don't. A fast mutating virus finds ways to get past both vaccines and theraputics.

therapeutics that target the virus it’s self will be much more effective compared to vaccines that target one part (the spike protein). The virus would have to mutate almost completely in to something different to evade therapeutics that target and kill it. Think antibiotics but with viruses. Like I said massively difficult but so was the ac one program.

i also said to you months ago that vaccination of a population where the virus is rampant encourage/promote a variant that evades vaccines… and now we have omicron

i also said to you months ago that vaccination of a population where the virus is rampant encourage/promote a variant that evades vaccines… and now we have omicron

Which came from a country that had little vaccination and low amounts of infection in the population at the time.

therapeutics that target the virus it’s self will be much more effective compared to vaccines that target one part (the spike protein). The virus would have to mutate almost completely in to something different to evade therapeutics that target and kill it. Think antibiotics but with viruses. Like I said massively difficult but so was the ac one program.

Yes a theraputic that kills the virus would be better than one that targets the spike. But does it exist? Phiser snd merk have theraputics coming out. (Merks sounds terrible). Not sure how they work.

Or we could have a vaccine that kills the virus.

There are bacteria that are resistant to antibiotics. Called super bugs.

Great, my wife has tested positive so I probably have it as well. Reading the rules I don't actually have to self isolate as I'm already jabbed but dunno how they expect to slow the spread with that sort of policy.

Great, my wife has tested positive so I probably have it as well. Reading the rules I don't actually have to self isolate as I'm already jabbed but dunno how they expect to slow the spread with that sort of policy.

If its Delta there's only a 15% chance of spreading it to another householder. If its Omicron that's potentially gone up to 30%.

My Mrs tested positive on Saturday
We've said to our parents if she tests negative on Friday/Saturday morning and they are happy we're still going to do Xmas/Boxing day, if not we will move it to Jan 1st

I mean, we still haven't updated the symptoms list which is different for Omicron than previous strains.

In theory you now need to do LFTs to leave the house for next 7 days, but everyone i know, who has caught Covid last couple of weeks (likely Omicron), when 1 person in the house has it, it's a matter of time before the rest do.

Back