• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Coronavirus

Will be fascinating to see how many cases of Omicron there really are on the continent, as few European nations are testing enough to meet the WHO’s suggested threshold of a 5% positivity rate for safely unlocking.

432F74B8-D710-48B5-A5CF-FE7A54707467.png
2BAD8CEF-13F1-4FEE-BE0D-A72A2A465AF6.png
B59F3487-9437-48CE-8247-6884C7636CBB.png

It's not even jobs. It's the decades of austerity that will follow. Cuts in services. Foreign aid. Scientific research...

Of course, a third of the countries economy was made up with hospitality, travel and foreign exchange, it's huge.

I think people are too quick and accept restrictions far too easy rather than step back and see a bigger picture. What will, like you say end up with years of austerity, child poverty will grow which will eventually prove to be a huge killer.

Will be fascinating to see how many cases of Omicron there really are on the continent, as few European nations are testing enough to meet the WHO’s suggested threshold of a 5% positivity rate for safely unlocking.

View attachment 13293
View attachment 13295
View attachment 13294

The last one is surpring. You'd think with a new variant they'd increase their genomic sequencing? For the likes of germany you can't even put it down to increased testing.

Of course, a third of the countries economy was made up with hospitality, travel and foreign exchange, it's huge.

I think people are too quick and accept restrictions far too easy rather than step back and see a bigger picture. What will, like you say end up with years of austerity, child poverty will grow which will eventually prove to be a huge killer.

Reminds me of this. Not exactly true but there is an element of truth to it.

The is the impression with me that public sector were very happy to lockdown. The media were very happy to go into lockdown because it gave them something to talk about.

Normal people even less educated ones I spoke to even at the beginning were concerned about the effect on jobs coming out of this. But that just reinforces how out of touch so many liberals are with the average man in the street.

The is the impression with me that public sector were very happy to lockdown. The media were very happy to go into lockdown because it gave them something to talk about.

Normal people even less educated ones I spoke to even at the beginning were concerned about the effect on jobs coming out of this. But that just reinforces how out of touch so many liberals are with the average man in the street.

Tbf i think the majority of people were in support of previous lockdowns. As was i. I think they were the right call.

Another one. When everyone has been offered a vaccine and the variant seems milder. I don't think the majority will be behind. The others we had vaccines to get to. A ray of hope. This? Nothing. It's just an endless path of new variants and lockdowns. People have had enough.

Tbf i think the majority of people were in support of previous lockdowns. As was i. I think they were the right call.

Another one. When everyone has been offered a vaccine and the variant seems milder. I don't think the majority will be behind. The others we had vaccines to get to. A ray of hope. This? Nothing. It's just an endless path of new variants and lockdowns. People have had enough.

Where does it end in the cycle, the public went to bat, locked down, got two jabs, now the rush to get a third and the blames being put on the public's door for not doing it quick enough.

Soon the public will be blamed for just having the nerve to exist....

It's all messed up. Especially the politics of it. You have right wing tories being about freedom and no vax mandates. While the left seem for it. Yet tory areas have the highest vaccination rates and labour strongholds like london the least. A lot is probably down to age and ethnicity but does show how out of touch the politicians are with their voter base.

i don’t think anybody WANTS a lockdown. The question is whether one is needed to avoid the NHS being overwhelmed.
Putting in some additional restrictions and urging caution to try to buy some time, as is being done, is sensible.

We have 7611 people in hospital with covid. Last january we had almost 40,000. So the nhs isn't overwhelmed. The number of people in hospital is actually falling.

I think the issue (in London anyway) is a pingdemic of NHS staff.

I guess an emergency solution could be to assign isolating staff to covid wards, and let the rest run routine services.

So every variant, every couple of months do we do the same? Destroy the economy? Just in case?
No, as time goes on we will learn more about the virus and can use what have learnt to make good, data based decisions.

You’re also talking as though we have locked down for Omicron, which we haven’t.

Reactions: DTA
85 hospital admissions with Omicron according to Javid on Marr. Seems low

One reason the NHS is starting to become overwhelmed is lack of numbers able to respond to isolation and people getting I'll at home, heart attacks etc, too many cases not enough abulances

My mum volunteers in a food bank
She is working with 2 ex doctors and they have told her to do 2 lateral flows rather than one as they can be so flakey
If you do them properly then they tend to work. False positives occasionally happen. The problem is that some people can’t/don’t follow the instructions and don’t do them properly (going far enough in and for enough time) and that can result in a false negative, that’s not the test failing though, that is the tester failing.

I think the issue (in London anyway) is a pingdemic of NHS staff.

I guess an emergency solution could be to assign isolating staff to covid wards, and let the rest run routine services.
There isn’t really any such thing as a pingdemic now. You don’t isolate on being pinged, you isolate on testing positive with an LFT (and quickly confirm the LFT with a PCR)

If we lockdown then that says to me that there isn’t a long term plan beyond locking down every winter for the rest of our lives. I thought the goal at first was to suppress the virus until we had a vaccine in place? Well we’ve had the vaccine for a year now.
We are on;y in our second winter living with this virus…. That is a tiny fraction of time. We may not even lock down this time, with each winter the probability reduces.

Reactions: DTA
No, as time goes on we will learn more about the virus and can use what have learnt to make good, data based decisions.

You’re also talking as though we have locked down for Omicron, which we haven’t.

They are talking zbout a 2 week circuit breaker after xmas. Which is a lockdown. That is what i don't want or think is needed.

85 hospital admissions with Omicron according to Javid on Marr. Seems low

One reason the NHS is starting to become overwhelmed is lack of numbers able to respond to isolation and people getting I'll at home, heart attacks etc, too many cases not enough abulances

And again, it's 85 with, not 85 for

Also omicron is averaging 2-3 days stay in hospital compared to 10 for delta

They are talking zbout a 2 week circuit breaker after xmas. Which is a lockdown. That is what i don't want or think is needed.
It's basically to kill NYE parties. Apparently bookings for those are still massive, because people know their own risk assessment can recalibrate hugely once they've done the granny visit at xmas

The problem is, once it's on, it won't have any effect on case numbers, so the lockdown will last till June again.

Back