• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Coronavirus

Absolutely this.

Also not in response to you. But wear a mask. Even if you think it's placebo, many people are scared and most people have lost someone to this virus. It isn't oppression. It's nothing like genocide and protesting about it is tinpot thunderc*ntery

THIS!!!!!!

I am getting really tinkled off at all these fudging ‘libertarians’ who are suddenly so ‘offended’ by the ‘encroachment of their freedoms’…FFS. Wear a fudging mask in shops and tight public spaces until otherwise advised. Is it that much of a liberty? Is it going to impede your modern lifestyle that much?

As for variant, until a health organization gives specific information, I am not going to worry. I am vaccinated, boosted and wear a mask when required. There is literally nothing else I can do, beyond ceasing activities which I won’t do because I have taken all the necessary precautions as suggested.

One thing I do believe too…vitamin D, vitamin C and plenty of exercise. Stay as strong as possible, not only to deal with variants and what-not, but also the Luton-afore-mentioned thunderc*ntery. There appears to be plenty right now everywhere…

THIS!!!!!!

I am getting really tinkled off at all these fudging ‘libertarians’ who are suddenly so ‘offended’ by the ‘encroachment of their freedoms’…FFS. Wear a fudging mask in shops and tight public spaces until otherwise advised. Is it that much of a liberty? Is it going to impede your modern lifestyle that much?

As for variant, until a health organization gives specific information, I am not going to worry. I am vaccinated, boosted and wear a mask when required. There is literally nothing else I can do, beyond ceasing activities which I won’t do because I have taken all the necessary precautions as suggested.

One thing I do believe too…vitamin D, vitamin C and plenty of exercise. Stay as strong as possible, not only to deal with variants and what-not, but also the Luton-afore-mentioned thunderc*ntery. There appears to be plenty right now everywhere…

I agree with the majority of this especially the last point and one I think is under commented on. People should take this as a warning on their own general health, eat better, exercise and be healthier in life in general Covid or no Covid

THIS!!!!!!

This. Your best defence against illness and disease is a healthy immune system. A lot of people in this country aren’t in good metabolic health sadly. But neither of the two major political parties in our country will touch this issue with a 10 foot pole. They’re too scared to tell people they need to get themselves in shape because it’s not PC in 2021. We’d rather protect people’s feelings and emotions than their lives apparently.

This. Your best defence against illness and disease is a healthy immune system. A lot of people in this country aren’t in good metabolic health sadly. But neither of the two major political parties in our country will touch this issue with a 10 foot pole. They’re too scared to tell people they need to get themselves in shape because it’s not PC in 2021. We’d rather protect people’s feelings and emotions than their lives apparently.

Boris did.
https://time.com/5872175/boris-johnson-weight-loss-coronavirus/

Thing is too that it isn't necessarily about being thin, it's about being healthy.

THIS!!!!!!

Exactly. As a spectacle wearer the use of masks means my vision is blurred every time I enter a building this time of the year but that’s a minor inconvenience compared to catching of dose of whatever variant might be getting coughed out by the COVID-idiots who seem to think masks are symbols of repression o_O

Exactly. As a spectacle wearer the use of masks means my vision is blurred every time I enter a building this time of the year but that’s a minor inconvenience compared to catching of dose of whatever variant might be getting coughed out by the COVID-idiots who seem to think masks are symbols of repression o_O

I find the No Fog lens wipes really good for avoiding that. You need to apply it well, but it works.

I’m not an epidemiologist, nor am I claiming to be an expert on this particular virus given how quickly things change, but don’t most scientists and virologists say that viruses tend to get milder as the virus wants to spread to as many people as possible and it can’t do that if it kills the host?
This post by a Harvard professor of Epidemiology might be of interest…

https://ccdd.hsph.harvard.edu/people/michael-mina/

We have to wear masks sitting at our desks in the office now, rank! Always had to wear them if we were moving around but now it’s all the time.

Just watched the interview between andrew marr and the sa doctor who discovered omicron. Very reassuring.
Mild symptoms, headache and exhaustion. None had to be admitted to hospital. She checked with others same story.
She thinks it's been all over for a while but the uk has probably missed it cause it is mild and we are battling with delta.

Guess we'll see. If it is this mild hopefully it does out compete delta.
It does make sense for it to be mild if the single host with undiagnosed aids theory is correct. If it was virulent it would have killed the host and died with them. Being milder it could basically reinfect over and over. Mutating further.
Lets hope so.

We have to wear masks sitting at our desks in the office now, rank! Always had to wear them if we were moving around but now it’s all the time.

Don't see the point of that. I get it for going into shops. You're just going to grab your stuff and go. In an office you'll be taking it off to drink tea/coffee. All in the same room for hours on end. It won't really do much. Especially if omicron is more transmissable. It's why they haven't said we need to wear masks in pubs or restaurants.

Just watched the interview between andrew marr and the sa doctor who discovered omicron. Very reassuring.
Mild symptoms, headache and exhaustion. None had to be admitted to hospital. She checked with others same story.
She thinks it's been all over for a while but the uk has probably missed it cause it is mild and we are battling with delta.

Guess we'll see. If it is this mild hopefully it does out compete delta.
It does make sense for it to be mild if the single host with undiagnosed aids theory is correct. If it was virulent it would have killed the host and died with them. Being milder it could basically reinfect over and over. Mutating further.
Lets hope so.
Cheers for the heads up

Back