• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Coronavirus

Also the steady increase of the Mild Delta variant

Probably. Although we still don't know if the ifr rate is lower. Just less people show classic symptoms. Hopefully though you are correct and it also causes less severe illness and deaths. Sure there will be findings released soon.

Chances are we have the 'new variant' now too.

Yep totally agree with this part in particular. I can see it now, any time soon, one of the tabloids "It's Here!" as the headline. Reporting of various cases found in City/Town "X" and that "Contact tracing has started"..
One positive now is that at least the overall virus is a lot more understood than it was back in early '20 when everyone was flying in the dark.

Yep totally agree with this part in particular. I can see it now, any time soon, one of the tabloids "It's Here!" as the headline. Reporting of various cases found in City/Town "X" and that "Contact tracing has started"..
One positive now is that at least the overall virus is a lot more understood than it was back in early '20 when everyone was flying in the dark.

The Omicron variant is already in the UK - likely already in Canada and the US, too.

The problem is, the public's appetite for new controls is probably as close to zero as it's ever been - no one wants to live in this perpetual nightmare anymore.

Yes, it is now more well understood than it was in 2020. But that is a double-edged sword, because familiarity has bred a blase acceptance of it - whereas the unfamiliarity of this new and deadly threat on March 2020 saw adherence to lockdowns and health measures at near-total levels.

The only thing that will spur a similar reaction this time around is a shocking death rate and pictures of coffins being loaded into army vans, as was the case in Italy. And if that's happening, we have already failed at containing this variant.

The Omicron variant is already in the UK - likely already in Canada and the US, too.

The problem is, the public's appetite for new controls is probably as close to zero as it's ever been - no one wants to live in this perpetual nightmare anymore.

Yes, it is now more well understood than it was in 2020. But that is a double-edged sword, because familiarity has bred a blase acceptance of it - whereas the unfamiliarity of this new and deadly threat on March 2020 saw adherence to lockdowns and health measures at near-total levels.

The only thing that will spur a similar reaction this time around is a shocking death rate and pictures of coffins being loaded into army vans, as was the case in Italy. And if that's happening, we have already failed at containing this variant.

Why do you think the omicron variant is already here? There's only a few thousand cases in s africa. Mostly limited to one region. Yes a few cases have been found abroad, hong kong and belgium have had a case each. It might be, but it's not certain. The odds are actually against it. As it's so new.
Even if it is, it's still unsure if it is more transmissable than delta. As said s africa hasn't got that many cases of covid at the moment., so the variant isn't really competing. The uk it's everywhere and has been for months.
Also does it actually evade vaccines or prior transmission? Yes there may be reinfections but there are with delta. We know anti bodies drop and you can get reinfected. Tcells less so and might not prevent reinfection but prevent serious illness and death.

We need more information before talking of coffins being loaded into army vans.

Omnicron? Seriously?!
It's hard not to think we're in a dystopian war game now.
At least call it fun like,..... actually, I can't think of any fun words beginning with O...... yeah, O is a brick letter...

Omnicron? Seriously?!
At least call it fun like,..... actually, I can't think of any fun words beginning with O...... yeah, O is a brick letter...

It was going to be nu.Xi is actually next in the Greek alphabet, presumably they went straight to omicron so as not to upset the Chinese, which seems to be the WHO’s main concern.

Why do you think the omicron variant is already here? There's only a few thousand cases in s africa. Mostly limited to one region. Yes a few cases have been found abroad, hong kong and belgium have had a case each. It might be, but it's not certain. The odds are actually against it. As it's so new.
Even if it is, it's still unsure if it is more transmissable than delta. As said s africa hasn't got that many cases of covid at the moment., so the variant isn't really competing. The uk it's everywhere and has been for months.
Also does it actually evade vaccines or prior transmission? Yes there may be reinfections but there are with delta. We know anti bodies drop and you can get reinfected. Tcells less so and might not prevent reinfection but prevent serious illness and death.

We need more information before talking of coffins being loaded into army vans.

Given how previous variants have spread I’d guess it’s almost impossible it’s not already in the UK. I’d be very very surprised if there wasn’t a confirmed case within the next few days.

Omnicron? Seriously?!

Im both dyslexic and drunk, but I read that in my head as Ommadon, the guy that scared the crap out of me and everyone else born in the 80s

Given how previous variants have spread I’d guess it’s almost impossible it’s not already in the UK. I’d be very very surprised if there wasn’t a confirmed case within the next few days.

The difference is this was only discovered 2 days ago and we've cancelled flights. Yes it's probably been around since maybe the beginning of the month, but other variants we didn't do anything for a couple of months.

It maybe here it might not. But we have no evidence yet it is here.

Back