• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Coronavirus

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-59289008

All over-40s in the UK will be offered a third dose of a Covid vaccine, after advice from the government scientists.

The move would top up protection and help limit the spread of the virus over winter.

Three doses cuts the risk of infection by more than 93%, according to new data from the UK Health Security Agency.

The Joint Committee on Vaccination and Immunisation also said 16- and 17-year-olds, initially offered only a single dose, should now receive a second.

So far, 12.6 million people have had a booster dose.

They have been given to the over-50s, front-line medical staff and people with health conditions that put them at greater risk.

People aged 40-49 will be boosted with either the Pfizer-BioNTech jab or a half dose of the Moderna vaccine, which still gives a potent immune response.

This should be offered six months after the second dose.

_121560808_vaccine_effectiveness_test15nov-nc.png

Deputy chief medical officer for England Prof Jonathan Van-Tam said: "If the booster programme is a success and we have very high uptake, we can massively reduce worry about hospitalisation and death this Christmas and this winter for millions of people.

"It is as simple and decisive as that."

The coronavirus remained "unpredictable" and "there just isn't a second to waste now", he added.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-59289008

All over-40s in the UK will be offered a third dose of a Covid vaccine, after advice from the government scientists.

The move would top up protection and help limit the spread of the virus over winter.

Three doses cuts the risk of infection by more than 93%, according to new data from the UK Health Security Agency.

The Joint Committee on Vaccination and Immunisation also said 16- and 17-year-olds, initially offered only a single dose, should now receive a second.

So far, 12.6 million people have had a booster dose.

They have been given to the over-50s, front-line medical staff and people with health conditions that put them at greater risk.

People aged 40-49 will be boosted with either the Pfizer-BioNTech jab or a half dose of the Moderna vaccine, which still gives a potent immune response.

This should be offered six months after the second dose.

_121560808_vaccine_effectiveness_test15nov-nc.png

Deputy chief medical officer for England Prof Jonathan Van-Tam said: "If the booster programme is a success and we have very high uptake, we can massively reduce worry about hospitalisation and death this Christmas and this winter for millions of people.

"It is as simple and decisive as that."

The coronavirus remained "unpredictable" and "there just isn't a second to waste now", he added.

Ah, unpredictable, its not that the figures, models and experts are often wrong, but the virus is unpredictable. Got it.

It’s just
Ah, unpredictable, its not that the figures, models and experts are often wrong, but the virus is unpredictable. Got it.

So cynical lol.

I’m having this booster to help get us over the hill this winter and then that is it - next year they’ll need to incorporate it into the flu jab.

My immune system has no need to retain a standing army of antibodies but nonetheless via the jab I have the cellular apparatus to generate a legion of antibodies should I succumb to infection.

It’s just

So cynical lol.

I’m having this booster to help get us over the hill this winter and then that is it - next year they’ll need to incorporate it into the flu jab.

My immune system has no need to retain a standing army of antibodies but nonetheless via the jab I have the cellular apparatus to generate a legion of antibodies should I succumb to infection.

Got my Moderna booster on Saturday evening (having had Pfizer for the first two jabs). Absolutely floored by it all day yesterday, having had no reaction at all to the first two jabs. More or less back to normal today, though.

I'm definitely not having a 3rd one. I was sick for about 4 months after my 2nd - it caused a major relapse of all my long covid symptoms. If long covid is essentially an over-active immune response, more antibodies is the last thing I need.

I'm definitely not having a 3rd one. I was sick for about 4 months after my 2nd - it caused a major relapse of all my long covid symptoms. If long covid is essentially an over-active immune response, more antibodies is the last thing I need.

I take it that you had covid? If so it gives longer term protection. With 2 shots on top you should befine without a booster.

Tim spector talked about it today.

Got my Moderna booster on Saturday evening (having had Pfizer for the first two jabs). Absolutely floored by it all day yesterday, having had no reaction at all to the first two jabs. More or less back to normal today, though.

Oh blimey sorry to hear that. I think you are the first person I have heard report on the booster jab too.
So I wonder. Are they always boosting with a different jab? Moderna for everyone who had Pfizer and then Pfizer for those of us who had AZ.

Oh blimey sorry to hear that. I think you are the first person I have heard report on the booster jab too.
So I wonder. Are they always boosting with a different jab? Moderna for everyone who had Pfizer and then Pfizer for those of us who had AZ.

No, my mum had pfizer for all 3. Think it just depends what site you go to. What vaccine they have.

I had Moderna for the first 2 jabs and was knocked out the day after as well.

I take it that you had covid? If so it gives longer term protection. With 2 shots on top you should befine without a booster.

Tim spector talked about it today.
The problem is the vaccine passports won't be so nuanced. I don't fear covid in the slightest anymore. But the bureaucracy of getting into gigs at o2 academy venues is ridiculous

Pfizer for me for all three.
Everyone I know who's had the booster has had Pfizer, regardless of whether Pfizer or AZ previously.

1st jab - fine.
2nd jab - a bit headachy and general 'out of sorts' feeling.
Booster - headache, nausea, aches across back/shoulders - but all OK after ~24 hours.

All my three jabs were Pfizer. No problems with the first two but the booster has kicked my arse however i also had the Flu jab with the 3rd one so it could have been that has done it.

Back