• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Coronavirus

Seeing a slight uptick in people testing positive 40,375 today. Hospital admissions and deaths falling.

That's +6,436 on this day last week.

Hospital admissions and deaths will, of course, mirror what was happening two weeks ago - so we can reasonably expect an upturn in both in a fortnight if the positive case numbers continue to rise as they have been over the past two days.

It's certainly looking like half term provided a firbreak to infection levels. Now schools are back, they look to be on the rise again.

That’s madness , what’s happening in this world.

Where’s having autonomy over your own body. Also the behaviour of people having a go at either side of the coin. Covid has made people busy. You want the vaccine good for you if you don’t it’s no business of anyone else. It’s as simple as that.

I am vaccinated myself. My choice not a company I’m employed by or the government or pressure from the other people. Weird times and where does it stop.

As the vaccines don’t stop infection completely or spread it's bizarre to impose lockdown on those who’ve not had it.

Where’s having autonomy over your own body. Also the behaviour of people having a go at either side of the coin. Covid has made people busy. You want the vaccine good for you if you don’t it’s no business of anyone else. It’s as simple as that.

I am vaccinated myself. My choice not a company I’m employed by or the government or pressure from the other people. Weird times and where does it stop.

As the vaccines don’t stop infection completely or spread it's bizarre to impose lockdown on those who’ve not had it.
It's control pure and simple
The New World Order !!!

Seeing as unvaccinated make up a vastly disproportionate amount of hospitalisations. That we need the hospitals to be able to treat other illnesses than just covid. Then locking down the unvaccinated rather than locking down everyone makes sense. Unless you think they should go into full lockdown?

Seeing as unvaccinated make up a vastly disproportionate amount of hospitalisations. That we need the hospitals to be able to treat other illnesses than just covid. Then locking down the unvaccinated rather than locking down everyone makes sense. Unless you think they should go into full lockdown?
No I don’t think they should go into full lockdown. Vaccines do not stop infection or in all cases death or hospitalisation. If it dropped it to zero after vaccine then there’s an argument but it’s not bullet proof so you can’t treat the two differently.

That's +6,436 on this day last week.

Hospital admissions and deaths will, of course, mirror what was happening two weeks ago - so we can reasonably expect an upturn in both in a fortnight if the positive case numbers continue to rise as they have been over the past two days.

It's certainly looking like half term provided a firbreak to infection levels. Now schools are back, they look to be on the rise again.

I bet in 2 weeks hospitalisations are lower than today.

Vaccines do not stop infection or in all cases death or hospitalisation. If it dropped it to zero after vaccine then there’s an argument
This argument is nonsense; the vaccine ENORMOUSLY reduces the seriousness (symptoms, deaths, transmission) of COVID-19 and meanwhile it carries a vanishingly small risk.
You cannot just say "but it isn't zero" for the same reasons drivers are forced to wear seatbelts.

It would buck the trend of the pandemic so far, but I hope you’re right.

Daily testing isn't the measure of how many people are catching or have the virus. It's not what they are for.
The surveillance studies measure that, they are showing a big fall.

We also have the booster shots which i believe there were 370,000 administered today. That will protect the most vulnerable from going into hospital. If the uptick in cases are school kids going back. They're very unlikely to end up in hospital.

Also the date daily tests are reported is not the same as the date they were taken. By specimen date, there has been a slight uptick, but it's possible we have seen a fall. We won't know for a couple of days. Then you have positivity levels.

Last edited:

I completely disagree.

As I see it. You have a jab to protect yourself and others.

You don’t have a jab to protect yourself from any negative affects of the jab.

Ergo. You are making a conscious decision to fudge off everyone else.

So yeah, you takes your chances.

I completely disagree.

As I see it. You have a jab to protect yourself and others.

You don’t have a jab to protect yourself from any negative affects of the jab.

Ergo. You are making a conscious decision to fudge off everyone else.

So yeah, you takes your chances.

You take it to protect yourself. Others take it to protect themselves. Personal choice.

Nobody should have any say about what you decide to do with your body.

This argument is nonsense; the vaccine ENORMOUSLY reduces the seriousness (symptoms, deaths, transmission) of COVID-19 and meanwhile it carries a vanishingly small risk.
You cannot just say "but it isn't zero" for the same reasons drivers are forced to wear seatbelts.
It does not stop infection or transmission. Unvaccinated or vaccinated you still pass it on. The virus still circulates . Do we ban the unvaccinated form life forever ? Covid is not going anywhere.

it’s wrong when governments are forcing Vaccine mandates and lockdowns on people who have decided to make a personal choice not to take a vaccine. Regardless of how other people feel about it should not matter.

It does not stop infection or transmission. Unvaccinated or vaccinated you still pass it on. The virus still circulates . Do we ban the unvaccinated form life forever ? Covid is not going anywhere.

it’s wrong when governments are forcing Vaccine mandates and lockdowns on people who have decided to make a personal choice not to take a vaccine. Regardless of how other people feel about it should not matter.
It's control pure and simple

We are not worried about transmission or infection. We are worried about hospitalisations. When 87% of the adult population of the country is vaccinated yet 85% of hospitalisations are unvaccinated that tells you the vaccines are working well. So to protect the health service you close down mass events, bars etc... or stop the unvaccinated going to them.
Since it is the unvaccinateds choice to be unvaccinated in the vast majority of cases, i think it totally fair. They're the ones that are putting us in this situation. Why should i or bar owners be punished for their choice?

Singapore have gone a different route. Charging the unvaccinated for medical care $25,000 for medical treatment and $4000 a week you stay in hospital.

We are not worried about transmission or infection. We are worried about hospitalisations. When 87% of the adult population of the country is vaccinated yet 85% of hospitalisations are unvaccinated that tells you the vaccines are working well. So to protect the health service you close down mass events, bars etc... or stop the unvaccinated going to them.
Since it is the unvaccinateds choice to be unvaccinated in the vast majority of cases, i think it totally fair. They're the ones that are putting us in this situation. Why should i or bar owners be punished for their choice?

Lilbaz I don’t disagree with a lot of the stuff you post in this thread . We are not going to agree on vaccine mandates and lockdowns for unvaccinated. I feel it’s overreach by Governments around the world.

Yes the unvaccinated will lead to most hospitalisation and the NHS is struggling.

Another point entirely. Underfunding , poor management etc . Matthew Syed made a good programme on this recently search it out worth a look.

But could the same not be said for many health issues that are down to people’s personal life choices. More people die from heart disease daily

The only way I see and end to this is Therapeutics. Treatment being robust via that means. Again there’s more points there regards the treatments patents and money.

I find the whole thing strange and think we will look back in 20 years time and think what were we doing.

Back