• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Coronavirus

and so it begins a divided society !!

Austrians are days away from a first lockdown for anyone not fully vaccinated, after record infections were reported across the country.

Upper Austria province will impose restrictions from Monday if it gets the go-ahead from the federal government. Salzburg also plans new measures.

Chancellor Alexander Schallenberg said a national lockdown for the unvaccinated was "probably inevitable".

Two-thirds of people should not suffer because others were hesitant, he said.

and so it begins a divided society !!

Austrians are days away from a first lockdown for anyone not fully vaccinated, after record infections were reported across the country.

Upper Austria province will impose restrictions from Monday if it gets the go-ahead from the federal government. Salzburg also plans new measures.

Chancellor Alexander Schallenberg said a national lockdown for the unvaccinated was "probably inevitable".

Two-thirds of people should not suffer because others were hesitant, he said.

Time for plenty of Viennese whirls!

Thanks.

Question though. Netherlands are going back into lockdown. Germany and austria look likely they will follow. Why would they not use ivermectin if they thought it could work? Does big pharma rule the world now? Volkswagen in germany can't be too pleased with a lockdown, banks in the city of london neither. Exxonmobbil in the states would have lost huge amounts let alone airlines. China locked 30,000 people in their disney land for days for 1 case. They have 20 provinces locked down. Why are they not using it?

You will have to ask those countries tbh; it's a bit like asking why if the Olympics is said to be something public health officials like to use as a promoter of good health and wellbeing (on top of the competetive sport nature) then why are McDonalds (derided worldwide for pumping out really unhealthy food) often the biggest sponsors?

As you say, it is up to each country to choose what's best for them, though it seems big pharma are the new Big Oil companies and countries seem to do their bidding instead of what's best for their populations (a bit like the Iraq wars were for the benefit of big oil companies rather than peace in the Middle East).
I'm digressing but i hope you get the point: ivermectin is cheap, has been in use for years and readily available. Far LESS new profits available to big Pharma though..

I know you like having a dig at the vaccines. But you do realise we've all been vaccinated? That our friends and families have been vaccinated? That we're fine. What are you trying to convince us of? That we're all going to drop dead tomorrow?

For those who have taken it, it's their bodies and their choices (though i find the push on children absolutely abhorrent).
Apart from knowing and stating that the vaccine is not fool-proof (and has caused several injuries and deaths) it is the vaccine mandates that are the real issue: you cannot mandate a medical procedure, drug etc that is known to have the possibility of maiming or killing.
And before we go round the same circles asking "who is mandating", just look at Wales: vaccine passports are to be extended to a wider set of establishments, whilst Austria is reported to be about to introduce a "lockdown for the unvaccinated" as @markysimmo has posted above. Vaccine passports rolled out to more and more venues and "lockdown for the unvaccinated" is a form of vaccine mandation-by-proxy.
Madness, but hey we are living in a mad world so there you go :)

You will have to ask those countries tbh; it's a bit like asking why if the Olympics is said to be something public health officials like to use as a promoter of good health and wellbeing (on top of the competetive sport nature) then why are McDonalds (derided worldwide for pumping out really unhealthy food) often the biggest sponsors?

As you say, it is up to each country to choose what's best for them, though it seems big pharma are the new Big Oil companies and countries seem to do their bidding instead of what's best for their populations (a bit like the Iraq wars were for the benefit of big oil companies rather than peace in the Middle East).
I'm digressing but i hope you get the point: ivermectin is cheap, has been in use for years and readily available. Far LESS new profits available to big Pharma though..

For those who have taken it, it's their bodies and their choices (though i find the push on children absolutely abhorrent).
Apart from knowing and stating that the vaccine is not fool-proof (and has caused several injuries and deaths) it is the vaccine mandates that are the real issue: you cannot mandate a medical procedure, drug etc that is known to have the possibility of maiming or killing.
And before we go round the same circles asking "who is mandating", just look at Wales: vaccine passports are to be extended to a wider set of establishments, whilst Austria is reported to be about to introduce a "lockdown for the unvaccinated" as @markysimmo has posted above. Vaccine passports rolled out to more and more venues and "lockdown for the unvaccinated" is a form of vaccine mandation-by-proxy.
Madness, but hey we are living in a mad world so there you go :)

We'll most of us have taken the risk in order to protect ourseleves and others. We've also done it so that we can open up. Risk v benefits. Why should those not willing to take the risk enjoy the benefits?
I've said i don't think we should vaccinate u18s.

The irony is that if anti vaxxers handn't been such tacos, people wouldn't support vaccine passports. Without public support they wouldn't have been brought in.

We'll most of us have taken the risk in order to protect ourseleves and others. We've also done it so that we can open up. Risk v benefits. Why should those not willing to take the risk enjoy the benefits?
I've said i don't think we should vaccinate u18s.

And some people cannot take the risk because of medical history, seeing others have very bad reactions, dying etc.
Let's take another angle if you really want to go down such a "them vs us" route: should someone who has taken the vaccine but ended up in hospital for blodclots, cardiac arrest etc taking up a bed be treated ahead of someone who has not taken the vaccine (for whatever reason) but has been in a car accident?
Such medical apartheid ways of thinking is a slippery slope that i suspect you really wouldn't want to go down if you think about it properly...

The irony is that if anti vaxxers handn't been such tacos, people wouldn't support vaccine passports. Without public support they wouldn't have been brought in.

Lol, am i an "anti-vaxxer" now?:D
Are we again conflating people who don't like to take ANY vaccines with those wary of taking this rushed-to-market-without-the-usual-studies-or-tests novel mRNA/RNA one?

Given that these vaccines don't stop one a) catching covid b) passing on covid and c) don't stop one dying from covid (see that the delta variant is killing more people who are double-jabbed than unjabbed) then I doubt vaccine passports really do have much public support in reality.

And some people cannot take the risk because of medical history, seeing others have very bad reactions, dying etc.
Let's take another angle if you really want to go down such a "them vs us" route: should someone who has taken the vaccine but ended up in hospital for blodclots, cardiac arrest etc taking up a bed be treated ahead of someone who has not taken the vaccine (for whatever reason) but has been in a car accident?
Such medical apartheid ways of thinking is a slippery slope that i suspect you really wouldn't want to go down if you think about it properly...

I think not wanting to take a vaccine because of potential legitimate health risk is completely understandable. It’s the nutcases who think the government are trying to track people who need a slap. Like the government really give a brick about tracking your fat asses to McDonald’s. Even if they did, I’m sure they could come up with a far cheaper and inventive way to do it than a vaccine rollout.

I think not wanting to take a vaccine because of potential legitimate health risk is completely understandable. It’s the nutcases who think the government are trying to track people who need a slap. Like the government really give a brick about tracking your fat asses to McDonald’s. Even if they did, I’m sure they could come up with a far cheaper and inventive way to do it than a vaccine rollout.

The vaccine should simply be available if needed, with the disclamier that it's for emergency use if you feel vulnerable but that it has certain risks etc.
If you have that situation (rather than threats to your job, access to key services etc being taken away etc if you don't) then all other talk, theories etc become irrelevant

Lol, am i an "anti-vaxxer" now?:D
Are we again conflating people who don't like to take ANY vaccines with those wary of taking this rushed-to-market-without-the-usual-studies-or-tests novel mRNA/RNA one?

Given that these vaccines don't stop one a) catching covid b) passing on covid and c) don't stop one dying from covid (see that the delta variant is killing more people who are double-jabbed than unjabbed) then I doubt vaccine passports really do have much public support in reality.

Did i call you an anti vaxxer?

The vaccines reduce your chance of catching, passing on and dying from covid. That means for most people yes it stop you from catching it, passing it on or dying from it.

This from the symptom study last week. Even with 87% of over 12s fully vaccinated there are more people getting ill that are unvaccinated in the uk.
Graph 1. The ZOE COVID Study UK incidence figures results over time; total number of new cases and new cases in fully vaccinated

618531f9f5a1105852a6d83c_38oWfM2LbD0lW_5Am1xq98IkGyU7AId3eOlWVnkRQd-0fWxejkm-bvjs5S4-Uufb1J9eS-Z55IDfaPxJLQMJ7SUwpYw9N-5K__PrIG-EequZlhT1VCwCQl9oLVFJeisQ0zKWbHe_.png

This from the bmj saying 84% of people beinghospitalised for covid were unvaccinated.

https://www.bmj.com/content/374/bmj.n2306

Symptom study has 66,446 new cases today (69,299 yesterday). 1,077,308 currently infected.

Long way still to go but looking good.

Back