• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Coronavirus

Sorry to hear about your Dad. It's such a horrible, destructive illness. I hope your family is managing OK. In some ways it's a relief when a sufferer passes away as in reality you probably 'lost' your Dad a long time ago (i really hope that doesn't sound heartless as it's not my intention) but it is nonetheless a hard thing to deal with.

We've pretty much given up hope of any overseas holidays this year. We'd have no problem with self-isolating on our return if necessary, but regardless of what our government does, it's too much of a risk that the country to which we might be travelling suddenly changes its entry policy for UK visitors.

No, you're bang on mate his quality of life is not great because of his illness, so its the logical thing.
Just had an update he's got Sepsi, think that is serious but am unsure what to do. Hopefully will become clearer later this evening when we've had more conversations.

I'm having to travel to provide support for my folks who live in Spain, Dad is on his last legs with Alzheimers. I think holidays should be postponed again til next year.
Just finished my 10 day qaurantine Tuesday, waiting for the call to go back out there.

My dad had dementia. Very hard and wish you all the best mate. Just take one day at a time, don't let things overwhelm you.

44,104 cases today. Early days but hopefully we might have peaked. Still have to see what opening up did.

Hospitalisations will hopefully peak soon. Deaths in the next month.

Obviously with the euro final, opening up, the weather and Eid it' going to be a bumpy ride.

Just had a pint with a few mates in the pub. One of my mates billy (spurs fan) had it bad. In a coma for over a month. Allegedly died a couple of times. Still struggling with bits and pieces (brain fog, no strength in legs, numb foot).

If you haven't got the jab, get it.

It wouldnt surprise me to see that number start falling at some point as antibodies fade from the blood (from either vaccine or natural response)

Not a problem though if T-cell and B-cell legacy is good.

Agree. Obviously wont start falling while the virus is circulating at high levels though.

Good news cases fell again today to 39,906 (down 17.8% on last thursday). Hospitalisations may also be levelling off but early days yet. Deaths at 84 (these will rise for a while yet).

We'll have to wait till next week to see what the effect of fully opening will do though.

Last edited:
Seems people still hung up on cases
Well down by 9k on last Thursday so are we possibly over the peak, lets hope so !!

upload_2021-7-22_17-15-45.png

Some of it will be from schools being on holiday. We'll have to see what the effect of clubs being open will be after the weekend. Should get an idea next friday. But looking good.
English schools have only just gone on holiday (yesterday for my two) so do you mean Scotland ??

51k cases last Friday, 36k today

Good. Scotland had their delta spread and the euros before us and then cases fell. Hopefully we're following.
We'll have to see what a weekend of nightclubs being open does though.
If cases stay under 60k next week it probably means we've seen the worst. Although hospitalisations and deaths will rise for a bit yet.

Back