• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Coronavirus

We've decided as a family even if Greece stays Amber we're going away end July
Literally sick and tired of all the flimflam and moving of the goal posts
Looking like it will only have to be my mrs having to quarantine for 5 days when we get back anyhow as I've been double jabbed, so have my parents and the kids are too young

Will you be insured ? What happens if one of you fails a test and can’t get on the flight home?

We've decided as a family even if Greece stays Amber we're going away end July
Literally sick and tired of all the flimflam and moving of the goal posts
Looking like it will only have to be my mrs having to quarantine for 5 days when we get back anyhow as I've been double jabbed, so have my parents and the kids are too young

I didn’t realise having both jabs meant self isolation is not required? Is that new?

So 35k Scots in London,not socially distanced, no masks, nothing
G7 Summit, enough said
Euro games at Wembley
Huge crowds at Ascot, Wimbled and soon The Open

We've been told we cant attend our daughters first sports day at her primary school
Yep an outside event where we would be spaced out, absolute fudging lunacy

I've had enough of this brick now

The Tory strategy has always been to hope the public just disregard the advice and push through herd immunity as a societal choice rather than a Govt one.

I thought the vulnerable had been vaccinated. I fall into that category and know others that do who have.

Surely the booster jab in the autumn then we are good to go. People who have been vaccinated should be allowed to go away and as Marky says go to a school sports day.

Otherwise this thing never goes away because the will always be variants. Sorry to say it and actually it might be me as I have health issues but it is time to get on living. If you at the vulnerable stay at home till the yearly jabs come out.

Life has to go on.
Agreed with most of the above, where I differ is your stance can go live after everyone has been given the opportunity to be vaccinated.
That only a few months away at most.

Once everyone has had the opportunity the risk of spread, the actual spread and the actual hospitalisations hit their natural level.
All people, Inc the vulnerable, can then function within society however they feel safe.

Re; winter - unfortunately we do have to have one more winter of very careful monitoring and keep the option of restrictions or lockdown one the table - the world is behind us on vaccination, half of it is going into winter soon and we'll see variants, so we have be prepared and monitor what happens. What happens in winter in the southern hemisphere will also be very useful information.

It's incredibly frustrating and the great job done on vaccination creates a bit of a goldfish bowl view in the UK - so if we don't go full NZ/Oz (which we won't) and close borders we have to recognise the impact and influence from outside our borders, which creates the necessity for caution and restriction.
Simply - we can't have it all.

Re; attending things like kids outdoor events etc - the govt positions are ludicrous and inconsistent.

Agreed with most of the above, where I differ is your stance can go live after everyone has been given the opportunity to be vaccinated.
That only a few months away at most.

Once everyone has had the opportunity the risk of spread, the actual spread and the actual hospitalisations hit their natural level.
All people, Inc the vulnerable, can then function within society however they feel safe.

Re; winter - unfortunately we do have to have one more winter of very careful monitoring and keep the option of restrictions or lockdown one the table - the world is behind us on vaccination, half of it is going into winter soon and we'll see variants, so we have be prepared and monitor what happens. What happens in winter in the southern hemisphere will also be very useful information.

It's incredibly frustrating and the great job done on vaccination creates a bit of a goldfish bowl view in the UK - so if we don't go full NZ/Oz (which we won't) and close borders we have to recognise the impact and influence from outside our borders, which creates the necessity for caution and restriction.
Simply - we can't have it all.

Re; attending things like kids outdoor events etc - the govt positions are ludicrous and inconsistent.

Great post.

Winter will be bumpy, I think. Given the situation a year ago we have, though, made remarkable progress.

A bit of continuing patience now will go a long way to ensuring we keep moving forward re restrictions. Patience isn’t something people tend to have a lot of nowadays though.

Great post.

Winter will be bumpy, I think. Given the situation a year ago we have, though, made remarkable progress.

A bit of continuing patience now will go a long way to ensuring we keep moving forward re restrictions. Patience isn’t something people tend to have a lot of nowadays though.

A short supply of both patience and patients.

it really doesn’t matter as there will be no more restrictions after July, possibly July 5th.

Nearly at 60% for the 2nd jab, 70% I read is the golden open up number !!

View attachment 12125
70% is generally regarded to be a solid herd immunity number.

Not sure how well that fits here, because herd immunity doesn't usually leave large gaps in age groups, brickhole northern cities, or mentals who think their religious leader's words are more important than those of a doctor.

Planting the seed for Flu Lockdowns then !!!

Prof Anthony Harnden, deputy chair of the government’s advisory committee on vaccination, has been addressing some of the questions around Covid booster jabs.

He tells BBC Radio 4’s Today programme work is under way testing seven different vaccines for autumn boosters, to see how they might react with each other and with a flu vaccine.

The last point is important because he says: “Flu could be potentially a bigger problem this winter than Covid.”

With very, very low prevalence due to the UK’s lockdowns, flu immunity is likely to have dropped in the population and “it comes back to bite us”, he says.

But Prof Harnden says Covid boosters are also likely to be important for the elderly, most of whom had their vaccinations several months ago

Planting the seed for Flu Lockdowns then !!!

Prof Anthony Harnden, deputy chair of the government’s advisory committee on vaccination, has been addressing some of the questions around Covid booster jabs.

He tells BBC Radio 4’s Today programme work is under way testing seven different vaccines for autumn boosters, to see how they might react with each other and with a flu vaccine.

The last point is important because he says: “Flu could be potentially a bigger problem this winter than Covid.”

With very, very low prevalence due to the UK’s lockdowns, flu immunity is likely to have dropped in the population and “it comes back to bite us”, he says.

But Prof Harnden says Covid boosters are also likely to be important for the elderly, most of whom had their vaccinations several months ago

Hate to say it but @scaramanga and others were right, once they have control they don't want to give it back.

Back