• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Coronavirus

Would be interesting to see the age groups broken down here:

A total of 806 people in England have been admitted to hospital with the Delta variant of Covid-19 as of 14 June, new figures show.

This is a rise of 423 on the previous week, according to the data from Public Health England.

Of the 806 hospitalisations:

• 527 (65%) people were unvaccinated
  • 135 (17%) were more than 21 days after their first dose of vaccine
  • 84 (10%) were more than 14 days after their second dose.

Would be interesting to see the age groups broken down here:

A total of 806 people in England have been admitted to hospital with the Delta variant of Covid-19 as of 14 June, new figures show.

This is a rise of 423 on the previous week, according to the data from Public Health England.

Of the 806 hospitalisations:

• 527 (65%) people were unvaccinated
  • 135 (17%) were more than 21 days after their first dose of vaccine
  • 84 (10%) were more than 14 days after their second dose.
Yep a complete analysis of age, where they live, if they weren’t eligible or turned down the vaccine etc

It’s clear from the stats the vaccines are having a marked reduction in hospitalisations.

I really couldn’t care less about those who chose not to have a jab/s. In fact they have put themselves in harms way and should pay for their treatment.

My local borough in Surrey has just announced surge testing with schools rife with Boris’s Indian variant -but we have a high uptake in jabs so who cares? Let’s see what happens with hospital admittance here.

These cases in the unvaccinated are the grout in our wall of herd immunity.

It’s clear from the stats the vaccines are having a marked reduction in hospitalisations.

I really couldn’t care less about those who chose not to have a jab/s. In fact they have put themselves in harms way and should pay for their treatment.

My local borough in Surrey has just announced surge testing with schools rife with Boris’s Indian variant -but we have a high uptake in jabs so who cares? Let’s see what happens with hospital admittance here.

These cases in the unvaccinated are the grout in our wall of herd immunity.
I agree
if people have chosen not to have it then why the fudge should the rest of us be penalised for their decisions
Surely people have to have some ownership

Table of 6.
Booking 1 - Mr A.
Booking 2 - Mr B.
Booking 3 - Mr C.

Tell them about 30 mins before the end of booking 1 about about bookings 2&3 - guarantee you get to keep your table.
Tried that a few times and they spread us as far apart as possible because the police keep turning up and spot checking that they're not doing that.

I agree
if people have chosen not to have it then why the fudge should the rest of us be penalised for their decisions
Surely people have to have some ownership
Agreed.
However it's too early for that stance - wait until everyone has been given the opportunity to get it, then gently manage winter as that is when the vulnerable will be most at risk.
At that point go hard with covid passports - anyone choosing not to get vaccinated also loses the choice to risk infecting others, including the vulnerable

So 35k Scots in London,not socially distanced, no masks, nothing
G7 Summit, enough said
Euro games at Wembley
Huge crowds at Ascot, Wimbled and soon The Open

We've been told we cant attend our daughters first sports day at her primary school
Yep an outside event where we would be spaced out, absolute fudging lunacy

I've had enough of this brick now

Last edited:
Agreed.
However it's too early for that stance - wait until everyone has been given the opportunity to get it, then gently manage winter as that is when the vulnerable will be most at risk.
At that point go hard with covid passports - anyone choosing not to get vaccinated also loses the choice to risk infecting others, including the vulnerable

I thought the vulnerable had been vaccinated. I fall into that category and know others that do who have.

Surely the booster jab in the autumn then we are good to go. People who have been vaccinated should be allowed to go away and as Marky says go to a school sports day.

Otherwise this thing never goes away because the will always be variants. Sorry to say it and actually it might be me as I have health issues but it is time to get on living. If you at the vulnerable stay at home till the yearly jabs come out.

Life has to go on.

I thought the vulnerable had been vaccinated. I fall into that category and know others that do who have.

Surely the booster jab in the autumn then we are good to go. People who have been vaccinated should be allowed to go away and as Marky says go to a school sports day.

Otherwise this thing never goes away because the will always be variants. Sorry to say it and actually it might be me as I have health issues but it is time to get on living. If you at the vulnerable stay at home till the yearly jabs come out.

Life has to go on.
That's the problem with the state taking over our lives.

Those of a weak constitution quickly get addicted to it - as do the power hungry types that go into politics.

We've decided as a family even if Greece stays Amber we're going away end July
Literally sick and tired of all the flimflam and moving of the goal posts
Looking like it will only have to be my mrs having to quarantine for 5 days when we get back anyhow as I've been double jabbed, so have my parents and the kids are too young

So 35k Scots in London,not socially distanced, no masks, nothing
G7 Summit, enough said
Euro games at Wembley
Huge crowds at Ascot, Wimbled and soon The Open

We've been told we cant attend our daughters first sports day at her primary school
Yep an outside event where we would be spaced out, absolute fudging lunacy

I've had enough of this brick now

Schools seem to have gone from "kids are safe" to overreacting the other way. My daughter had an open day (outside) at her secondary school cancelled, which makes no sense as it would be groups < 6 anyway.

There's no way this stuff, or your Sports Day, is based on headteachers decisions - pretty sure they are following Gov instructions. Buy why? no logical reason for it at all.

Back