• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Coronavirus

Had my second shot yesterday, my first trip out since pubs open and went pass a pub just off Eltham High Street, they had 4 tables on the pavement outside which is about 10ft wide and there were over 10 customers sitting at them, I'm sure this isn't right as none were more than a couple of feet apart and they were all like me white men over 21.

non-figuratively dont think so, all we hear is BAME dont belive in the vaccine, etc
I am from a BAME community mate, I took the the AZ vaccine as soon as it was offered to me. As have all of my family BAME or otherwise. The Asian community has had relatively high take up. At the moment the data does seem to suggest that, in London, the black African Caribbean community have shown a proportionately higher degree of hesitancy compared to other communities. But as @milo says the reasons for this are complex and even wothon that community the reasons are not homologous.

Had my second shot yesterday, my first trip out since pubs open and went pass a pub just off Eltham High Street, they had 4 tables on the pavement outside which is about 10ft wide and there were over 10 customers sitting at them, I'm sure this isn't right as none were more than a couple of feet apart and they were all like me white men over 21.
Racist!

If the government aren’t going to do it we’ll have to shut the airports ourselves soon.

India not on the red list ffs. That is an incredible public health risk that needs to be justified against over a year of seriously curtailed liberties and over 120000 dead with covid already.

He is being challenged for claiming that BAME have been flouting lockdown. There's data to show vaccine hesitancy in certain communities. Two different things. And he also posted on here about him and his people flouting the lockdown rules. He's saying racist things that are hurtful. It would be nice to see him called out for it. I'll hold my breath.

Yeah I agree about it. Have heard about the lack of vaccine uptake amongst black and Asians which seems odd.

If the government aren’t going to do it we’ll have to shut the airports ourselves soon.

India not on the red list ffs. That is an incredible public health risk that needs to be justified against over a year of seriously curtailed liberties and over 120000 dead with covid already.

I really don't get why they just can't shut air travel till the world is vaccinated. Government are crap.

There is issue with take up within some communities. Mark was applying this to all non-white communities which is ignorant and racist. The reasons why there is hesitancy within some communities is complex and deep rooted but one of the contributing factors is disinformation deliberately created and targeted at these communities.

Who is spreading disinformation to these communities? I really have not followed it that closely. Kind of got covid fatigue now. The chance that this might go on another 7ear because of our pass poor government and chavs wanting to go to Spain is passing me off.

Who is spreading disinformation to these communities? I really have not followed it that closely. Kind of got covid fatigue now. The chance that this might go on another 7ear because of our pass poor government and chavs wanting to go to Spain is passing me off.
Chavist.

The holiday entitlement phalanx is not limited to just that subset of the population!

Who is spreading disinformation to these communities? I really have not followed it that closely. Kind of got covid fatigue now.

Been well established the Far Right have tried to sow divisions between Asian communities for years, especially in the Hindu/Muslim space. Not saying its them doing it with covid but wouldn't surprise me.

100% India should be redlisted. According to Robert Peston (political commentator at ITV, formally BBC) - Boris is due in India soon to discuss trade talks ahead of EU trade talks with India. If he were to red list the country, it would mean he can't go, and then EU talks will start before UKs.

Yes, as ridiculous as that sounds, Boris is that petty.

and most of those are in the BAME community who have on the whole totally ignored lockdown rules over the past 15 months anyhow

literally dont think so, all we hear is BAME dont belive in the vaccine, etc

As one so well versed with cutting and pasting daily covid statistics, would it have been wiser to first research the facts on these claims before making, then doubling down on, them?

Or are you happy to rely on the less than substantive evidence of “all you hear is <insert any generic/‘Facebook-group’ racist assumption here>”?

I’m just pointing this out as you have “literally” recoiled at the suggestion this is driven by underlying racism.

However, if one is somewhat of that persuasion shall we say, it would be a concern that the circles one converses in, may in fact be the reason why “all you’re hearing” is actually a load of racist agenda tosh and drivel.

By way of a hypothetical example, if I had accepted invitations from my friend Scara to attend all the Klan meetings he was chairing throughout last summer, it would not be beyond a stretch of the imagination to suppose that at the end of term I may have become influenced by the rhetoric to which I have been exposed by my new peer group, and naively started to accept them as fact.

You’re a smart guy though and you know what you’re doing of course... Can I suggest as a worthwhile exercise you perhaps owe yourself and your fellow forum contributors a few minutes of your time to look for the facts and then post them here?

Eitherway, it will a positive educational experience for one side of the argument, or the other, whatever the outcome. Also, it will help you literally push back on the allegations of institutional racism.

I hope you take this positively and constructively as it is intended.

anyone watch Contagion btw? i decided to watch it the other day, Matt Damon, Laurence Fishburne, Gwyn Paltrow and Jude Law.

Anyway, the film was made in 2013, after SARS, but was a really interesting watch knowing what we know now. They got a LOT of the stuff right in the film. Again, Sars and Sars CoV2 are similar so they had lot of knowledge from SARS.

Though on the flipside, i also watched World War Z so...

Back