• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Coronavirus

as i've posted on here before, close family ties to SA, visit every 18 months or so, my wife practically every year.

SA are a joke for NOT utilising their Ox/AZ vaccine. The WHO confirmed it should be used. It may not stop people getting ill but could stop serious illness and death. Now they're looking to sell it?

The corruption across SA will lead to them really strugging throughout the pandemic and likely hitting both a third and fourth wave.

That is what I was trying to explain above - it's not yesterday's news in terms of its rhetoric and the feeling towards it.
SA and the EU seem reluctant to use it - that's now news, because it affects the world.
The EU and SA might (probably will) end up being overly cautious (I won't say wrong - it's too binary), but there are clearly concerns around AZ.
We are being not cautious at all re; vaccine roll out, and If goes smoothly we'll be in a fantastic position (which is the likely outcome). If something does go wrong (and something will, probably minor) it won't be a failure, it will be a consequence of taking a different approach to risk.

The overly politicing and use of binary arguments is damaging.

what are the concerns on the AZ vaccine? I know Macron and the EU were digging it out when they messed up their contract, but I thought it was obvious that was all bluster? Has there been any actual evidence that the AZ vaccine is a concern?

what are the concerns on the AZ vaccine? I know Macron and the EU were digging it out when they messed up their contract, but I thought it was obvious that was all bluster? Has there been any actual evidence that the AZ vaccine is a concern?

was a poorly checked study in Germany that also didnt pick up the right data and caused a massive rooster up. Quite frankly i don't care how slow other countries now running with, long as we keep smashing through and can get some normality back, thats what matters.

Also need to get this booster going asap too, and without wanting to go all @scaramanga - would make sense to offer it more freely to those of working age that are out and about first and foremost to keep life ticking over as normal, rather than re-doing the whole age thing again given in Autumn/Winter the old biddies less likely to be out and about anyway.

was a poorly checked study in Germany that also didnt pick up the right data and caused a massive rooster up. Quite frankly i don't care how slow other countries now running with, long as we keep smashing through and can get some normality back, thats what matters.

Also need to get this booster going asap too, and without wanting to go all @scaramanga - would make sense to offer it more freely to those of working age that are out and about first and foremost to keep life ticking over as normal, rather than re-doing the whole age thing again given in Autumn/Winter the old biddies less likely to be out and about anyway.
Are you starting to get that warm fuzzy feeling inside from going a little bit @scaramanga?

Or did you just get a semi?

upload_2021-2-26_15-54-22.png

Vaccinating people in order of age is the fastest way to cut Covid-19 deaths in the next phase of the roll-out, say experts advising the UK government.

People in their 40s will be next, once the current phase is completed.

Priority based on jobs would be "more complex" and could slow down the programme, the Joint Committee on Vaccination and Immunisation said.

All four nations of the UK will follow this approach with a target of vaccinating all adults by end of July.

More than 18 million people in the UK have received a first dose so far.

Teachers and police officers are among those who have campaigned to be prioritised in the next phase - but they will now be vaccinated in line with their age group

The Joint Committee on Vaccination and Immunisation (JCVI), which has looked at evidence on best how to reduce serious illness and death from Covid-19 in phase two of the UK's vaccination programme, says prioritising certain jobs could leave some vulnerable people waiting longer for a first dose.

The JCVI says the following groups should be prioritised, once all at-risk groups in phase one have been offered at least one dose of the vaccine (by mid-April):

• all those aged 40-49 years
  • all those aged 30-39 years
  • all those aged 18-29 years
And it strongly advises some particular groups to take up a vaccine as soon as it is offered. They are:

• men
  • people from black, Asian and minority ethnic communities
  • people with a BMI over 30
  • people living in poorer neighbourhoods

Ha ha, I still can’t believe I’ve been asked to get it already. The roll out for the vaccine is has been amazing. I feel a bit guilty getting it before others who are older or certainly more deserving like key workers etc, but I’m not turning down the chance. I just want to get back to some normality ASAP

Ha ha, I still can’t believe I’ve been asked to get it already. The roll out for the vaccine is has been amazing. I feel a bit guilty getting it before others who are older or certainly more deserving like key workers etc, but I’m not turning down the chance. I just want to get back to some normality ASAP

No need to feel guilty, I had no idea youngsters like yourself were getting booked in.

Do you think you will alter your behaviour as a result of the jab ?

That is what I was trying to explain above - it's not yesterday's news in terms of its rhetoric and the feeling towards it.
SA and the EU seem reluctant to use it - that's now news, because it affects the world.
The EU and SA might (probably will) end up being overly cautious (I won't say wrong - it's too binary), but there are clearly concerns around AZ.
We are being not cautious at all re; vaccine roll out, and If goes smoothly we'll be in a fantastic position (which is the likely outcome). If something does go wrong (and something will, probably minor) it won't be a failure, it will be a consequence of taking a different approach to risk.

The overly politicing and use of binary arguments is damaging.
What really needs to be said is there is still a lot of misinformation and actual lies being produced by some weird people in quite senior positions that will potentially kill people
I mean that to me is a crime by it’s very nature
The caution you refer too is actually in some cases an intentional delay
Add in the issue we have on these shores with poorer people from some backgrounds refusing the vaccines and the probe on won’t go away, which by its very nature can lead to even more mutations.

No need to feel guilty, I had no idea youngsters like yourself were getting booked in.

Do you think you will alter your behaviour as a result of the jab ?
Will my behaviour change? Very much doubt it, i’m not sure what could change to be honest. It will start to change as the restrictions are lifted though, mixing with friends, the pub, playing sport, getting back to the office, rather than being stuck at home trying to stay sane and homeschool the kids.

I’ve felt rather proud of the country/NHS and the vaccine roll out since getting asked to come for the jab way before I expected, I was convinced it wouldn’t be my turn until July time

Last edited:
A US Food and Drug Administration advisory panel voted unanimously on what is expected to be the US's third COVID-19 vaccine authorized for emergency use.
The FDA will make a final decision on authorization imminently.
The Johnson & Johnson vaccine only requires one shot, unlike the Pfizer or Moderna vaccines

What really needs to be said is there is still a lot of misinformation and actual lies being produced by some weird people in quite senior positions that will potentially kill people
I mean that to me is a crime by it’s very nature
The caution you refer too is actually in some cases an intentional delay
Add in the issue we have on these shores with poorer people from some backgrounds refusing the vaccines and the probe on won’t go away, which by its very nature can lead to even more mutations.
Exactly - I think you've explained it better than me.
The are concerns over AZ - whether they are genuine, political, misinformed etc, we will probably only know way into the future.
By either way, it's dangerous now.

The UK is taking a different approach to risk to the EU and SA (the key people with AZ concerns from what I can see).
It's not a stretch to say there is the possibility that our government is taking too much of a risk - they have been anti caution from the start (let's not let the euphoria of opening up cloud that), pro "one-upmanship" and need to get a post Brexit economy moving.

The concerns from elsewhere shouldn't be dismissed.
Nor should they be taken as absolute. Indeed I think for SA it's a sensible position.
For the EU (or perhaps just Germany?) it's less clear.

The outcomes and historical study will show the truth.
But anyone politicing any of it is abhorrent. And as you've said should be considered criminal.

Is anyone feeling completely not ready for lockdown to end?
Or even things to open on general?

I love all the things that will start up again.
But I think I've being institutionalised - the thought of it really scares me.

Is anyone feeling completely not ready for lockdown to end?
Or even things to open on general?

I love all the things that will start up again.
But I think I've being institutionalised - the thought of it really scares me.
I’ve not felt ready at all like you, but the sun being out and knowing I’m getting the vaccine soon has completely changed my mood the last two days. I just hope everyone keeps sticking to the plan and we can start seeing a normal life from the end of June

Back