• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Coronavirus

so i know someone (in their 30s, no medical concerns) who's brother in law is a doctor and they're getting their SECOND jab on friday next week.

Pretty fudged off if i'm honest. I know this person well, extended family, but like, what a fudging joke. My mum and dad in their 60s, diabetes, generally poor health, still nothing.

And this person's getting their second fudging jab, when there's old biddies who still haven't had one. Absolute fudging joke.

That is poor. My folks are in their 80’s and haven’t been done yet- mitigating circumstances - but i feel your concern.

It just goes on and on!

The Israeli COVID-19 minister might’ve jumped the gun with those comments on Wednesday...

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2...s-remarks-on-vaccine-inaccurate-say-officials

Israel’s health ministry has moved to row back on comments by the country’s coronavirus tsar, who suggested single doses of the Pfizer Covid-19 vaccine had not given as much protection against the disease as had been hoped.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-55734257

Addressing Prof Nachman Ash's quotes, the Israeli Ministry of Health said: "The comments of the Israeli Covid-19 commissioner regarding the effect of the first dose of the vaccine were out of context and, therefore, inaccurate.

So here's something else i was told by someone in the medical field (apologies if sounds a little Qanon).

Two countries had high levels of human testing trials for COVID in the world, Brazil and South Africa.

Now, those 2 have had high level mutations in the COVID19 structure. Is that just a coincidence or related? I don't think for a second anything untoward etc, what i mean though, has those two countries seen a mutation because of the vaccine and therefore the virus trying to evolve. Quite fascinating, probably absolutely nothing but still.

So here's something else i was told by someone in the medical field (apologies if sounds a little Qanon).

Two countries had high levels of human testing trials for COVID in the world, Brazil and South Africa.

Now, those 2 have had high level mutations in the COVID19 structure. Is that just a coincidence or related? I don't think for a second anything untoward etc, what i mean though, has those two countries seen a mutation because of the vaccine and therefore the virus trying to evolve. Quite fascinating, probably absolutely nothing but still.

The very reason Brazil and South Africa were chosen for the phase 3 trials was that COVID-19 was already rampant, so AstraZeneca could get accurate vaccine efficacy data, thus random mutations were inevitably more likely there.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-health-coronavirus-brazil-vaccine-idUSKCN24F1FI

Developers and researchers are looking to places like Brazil, where the new coronavirus is still spreading fast, to test potential vaccines. With nearly 1.9 million cases, Brazil has the world’s second-worst outbreak behind only the United States. More than 72,000 people have died of COVID-19, the disease caused by the virus, in Brazil.

Anti vax alarmism maybe?. Those countries were candidates for testing because of the high incidence of covid in the wild.

The potential for mutant strains in that large pool of disease is likely responsible.

I am not sure of this but I find it likely that those individuals vaccinated and then infected would have been covid sequenced- and new strains carefully tracked.

A lot of bluster about the transmissibility and morbidity of the new variant at this evening’s press conference - all with no scientific data to back it up.

Johnson has seized on the new variant as a way of covering up his ineptitude over the past year.

He fudged it up first time. He then wasted the entire summer. He failed to agree to a circuit breaker in September. He ordered a mockdown in November. He dithered through December as figures continued to rise.

But it’s all the fault of the new variant. Nothing to do with him.

Makes a change from him blaming the EU, I suppose.

A lot of bluster about the transmissibility and morbidity of the new variant at this evening’s press conference - all with no scientific data to back it up.

Johnson has seized on the new variant as a way of covering up his ineptitude over the past year.

He fudged it up first time. He then wasted the entire summer. He failed to agree to a circuit breaker in September. He ordered a mockdown in November. He dithered through December as figures continued to rise.

I caught bits of it, but it seemed a lot of ifs/buts/maybe/possibly for a scientific conclusion on very little data

Yup, yet another shambles from bungling Boris.

See that several professors from other UK universities not happy with Ferguson being given exclusive access to this data, especially what with Imperial’s shoddy track record.

I think that’s what he’s saying.

If sage (openly pushed by JVT/Vallance) are saying 1 dose and a longer gap to the 2nd and the gov say no, we will stick to the 2 doses as instructed they would be called murderers for not vaccinating more with half and a delay.

I can’t see the logic in going against the vaccines instructions on a whim and not a lot of data, it seems a risk not worth taking.
Latest data from Israel showing that single dose is at least 60% effective at preventing infection...

upload_2021-1-22_21-32-4.jpeg upload_2021-1-22_21-32-12.jpeg

I agree with every word you said there.

Also think it is maddening to hear them talk about quarantine for people entering the country. Something they should have done 9 months ago.

They are incompetent and should have just followed what south Korea did.

That Ferguson guy has access to the data and confirmed it.

BoJo hasn't done well but when there's a new variant that's potentially 70% more transmissable then of course it will effect the figures. Do you think the no of cases and deahts would be the same without the new variant (assuming lockdown and rules etc remained the same)?

Do you think the no of cases and deahts would be the same without the new variant (assuming lockdown and rules etc remained the same)?

The figures were spiralling out of control from September. I think the impact of the new variant may be being overplayed. It suits the government’s agenda of having someone, or something, to blame other than themselves.

And it gives the PM a reason to tell the lunatics on the right of his party that it’s not right to open up yet.

This Etonian educated village idiot is more interested in looking for excises than in finding solutions. Still, it wont prevent people from voting for his party at the next election. Gee, the English people are fudging stupid

Back