• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Coronavirus

Watching bbc southern news at the moment. I do feel a bit sorry for them and I'm not a fan of the bbc usually.

They dont have a clue either Haha.

Government are so poor and I do blame boris. Some of the other tory mp's seem like they would do a better job.

Yet London and a lot of the South East are under Tier 2. Interesting the Covid Research Group (do they ever do any research these Tories?) are pushing for analysis to be published.

I have no problems opening up for Xmas mixing but surely it should be based on infection rates. Can't just be a free for all. If rates are rising and you're telling everyone to get together... can't help but feel late Jan/Feb will be an absolute brick show of death rate.

really worrying numbers coming out on the AstraZeneca/Oxford trial if anyone read the reports.

Basically, the 'half' dose was never meant to be halved, it was simply a rooster up.

And on top of that, only a tiny proportion of numbers were given that, compared to full two doses, and that by chance improved the numbers. But was not like a 50/50 split, simply a few number of cases.

Sounds like they really fudged the numbers, which is worrying because it will simply exacerbate the weird anti-vaxxers out there

really worrying numbers coming out on the AstraZeneca/Oxford trial if anyone read the reports.

Basically, the 'half' dose was never meant to be halved, it was simply a rooster up.

And on top of that, only a tiny proportion of numbers were given that, compared to full two doses, and that by chance improved the numbers. But was not like a 50/50 split, simply a few number of cases.

Sounds like they really fudged the numbers, which is worrying because it will simply exacerbate the weird anti-vaxxers out there

It doesn't sound good at all, apparently in the half dose trial no one over 55 was involved either.

On the flipside they tested everyone weekly so captured asymptomatic cases but the other 2 vaccines only tested those with symptons.

I frankly think it is beyond extraordinary that we have several potential vaccines so quickly. Really something. There are going to be some bumps in the road, that much is for sure, but overall, great to see how close they're getting. Just test effectiveness and prove it by May so as we can watch Hugo and Harry lift the Prem!!!

I frankly think it is beyond extraordinary that we have several potential vaccines so quickly. Really something. There are going to be some bumps in the road, that much is for sure, but overall, great to see how close they're getting. Just test effectiveness and prove it by May so as we can watch Hugo and Harry lift the Prem!!!

As Ian Hislop said on Have I Got News For You tonight, we have forgotten how to react to good news. Even if the Oxford vaccine is 70% efficient in the final analysis, that is still a massive win.

Given that research was pretty close on a SARS vaccine before it all but disappeared, it's not quite the miracle it seems. Bloody impressive work still, but much of the work had already been done.

If you think back to the spring, a number of researchers were making statements then that they thought it was behaving similarly to SARS and that a vaccine for one would likely work for both.

Given that research was pretty close on a SARS vaccine before it all but disappeared, it's not quite the miracle it seems. Bloody impressive work still, but much of the work had already been done.

If you think back to the spring, a number of researchers were making statements then that they thought it was behaving similarly to SARS and that a vaccine for one would likely work for both.

A fair point, and as I pressed "post reply"
I thought of the potential SARS research...still, given the time frames with these things, a hefty result looks on the cards.

Back