• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Coronavirus

I've not been able to get my B12 injections which I need every 3 months for 8 months now
Go and buy tablets they said, what if I couldn't afford them

My sister has been told proactively not to access services, she got a diagnosis on the phone which was wrong and spent three rounds of antibiotics with no results

So, unless you are going to school; taking your kids to or from school; university; work; the supermarket; to look after elderly relatives; to exercise outside; to the doctor; or to a hospital then you MUST stay at home.

That’ll work well.

So, unless you are going to school; taking your kids to or from school; university; work; the supermarket; to look after elderly relatives; to exercise outside; to the doctor; or to a hospital then you MUST stay at home.

That’ll work well.
Can I do my exercise on the golf course ??

That’ll work well.
In the last lockdown, you felt conscious and almost bad about being out and what you were up to. Don't think they'll be much of that this time round.

Could we see some local lockdowns happening soon? Probably.

Might have gone unnoticed, but there were 200 a day hospital admissions due to covid in the northwest. That is back towards April/May figures. London is far more under control. The government must act decisively and quickly. Because we don't want the NHS to be the national covid service. Which is what happened when this virus hit. That impacts excess deaths etc.

What is the likely solution? We need to lock down affected cities. Close everything. Test people door to door. It's the only way I can see of gaining some effective control.

Maybe the 200 a day was a blip. But if there is another day or two of hospitalizations at similar rates, that is not a good sign and this government has to act fast.

This post was from the 6th of October. If we knew it on here, why did the government take a month to act?

Its frustrating because we, the government and science knew in early October that we were in trouble again with rising case numbers. The local lockdowns were not done fast enough or with any effectiveness. A month later we shut the country for a month when the cat is out the bag. I don't get why in a time of national crisis they are unable to act decisively and effectively. If they did, people would be onside. No wonder people don't download the app or observe rules, we don't have faith in this government's response, which undermines the national response.

Back