• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Coronavirus

and yet the deaths are where they are

And who said let it rip?

that’s emotional rubbish

There tends to be a 3 - 4 week lag between rising cases and death rates, so we’ll see where we are in a month. The case numbers playing out now will be visible in the mortality rate from mid-November onwards.

As for who said ‘let it rip’ - more than one poster on here has argued for that policy.

They obviously haven’t been able to sober the PM up for a couple of days. Macron and Merkel front and centre. Apparently the Met are doing a fridge-to-fridge search for our man.

There tends to be a 3 - 4 week lag between rising cases and death rates, so we’ll see where we are in a month. The case numbers playing out now will be visible in the mortality rate from mid-November onwards.

As for who said ‘let it rip’ - more than one poster on here has argued for that policy.

I don't understand the 3-4 week lag, or the death within 28 days of positive test?

And seven months into a pandemic the death figures are exactly where they should be for the year, what's going to change in the next two months to change that?

Herd immunity with a virus you can get more than once?

Yes, cool.
If you believe that's the case for more than a miniscule number of outliers (for whom there's mostly been no more than anecdotal evidence of an initial infection) then you've not been reading the science properly.

I don't understand the 3-4 week lag, or the death within 28 days of positive test?

And seven months into a pandemic the death figures are exactly where they should be for the, what's going to change in the next two months to change that?

People don’t die on the day they contract the virus. The onset of serious symptoms tends to be between day 8 - 10 for those who are badly hit. They then go to hospital and are treated for a number of days/weeks. If they are very unfortunate then they die - usually in week 3 or 4 of having the virus. Some die after an even longer period of treatment.

If somewhere between 50,000 - 100,000 people a day are presently contracting the virus then we will see the mortality rates associated with that become clear in 3 - 4 weeks time.

And seven months into a pandemic the death figures are exactly where they should be for the, what's going to change in the next two months to change that?

I would have more faith if the experts were correct first time about masks, if they were right about the first lockdown, if they used the first lockdown to get the house in order, if experts who suggested the tiers were right. I would have faith if a lockdown meant the 2.5m now on 18 week hospital waitlists were realistically going to see reductions which did not happen after the first one. Currently the experts have been proven to be nothing but daily weather men coming on and telling people who many people have died and the case numbers, very little of what they are saying is accurate TBH.

ive not seen it other than shielding policy.

We are seeing no excess deaths and haven’t for weeks (that was the go to metric for some wasn’t it? )

we are seeing what we see every year in the NHS

The ages of deaths are stil above the national average with almost 100 percent decrease in flu deaths.

We are about to ruin a lot more lives with a month (won’t be) lock down that will finish off companies and jobs, that’s before the untreated illness and those too scared to go to hospital.

If you believe that's the case for more than a miniscule number of outliers (for whom there's mostly been no more than anecdotal evidence of an initial infection) then you've not been reading the science properly.

There is no definitive answer. How could there be given the virus has only been known to us for 9 months? There have certainly been people who have been infected twice and I’d be interested (and very very happy) to have the links to the science which is able to definitively state that we can reach herd immunity by letting the virus run.

It seems strange the story isn’t being trumpeted loudly by the serious media.

Reactions: DTA
ive not seen it other than shielding policy.

We are seeing no excess deaths and haven’t for weeks (that was the go to metric for some wasn’t it? )

we are seeing what we see every year in the NHS

The ages of deaths are stil above the national average with almost 100 percent decrease in flu deaths.

We are about to ruin a lot more lives with a month (won’t be) lock down that will finish off companies and jobs, that’s before the untreated illness and those too scared to go to hospital.

I have friends who are nurses, and I teach a couple of kids whose parents are doctors. It’s anecdotal, but they say this is definitely not a ‘normal’ year. They also say that flu season for them normally begins early December and runs to early March.

I have friends who are nurses, and I teach a couple of kids whose parents are doctors. It’s anecdotal, but they say this is definitely not a ‘normal’ year. They also say that flu season for them normally begins early December and runs to early March.

The stats back it up as a normal year, my parents both work in the NHS and they have both said it’s dead and has been since June - Brighton trust.

now I’m not claiming Anyone is lying - it could be the hospitals they working in.

I would have more faith if the experts were correct first time about masks, if they were right about the first lockdown, if they used the first lockdown to get the house in order, if experts who suggested the tiers were right. I would have faith if a lockdown meant the 2.5m now on 18 week hospital waitlists were realistically going to see reductions which did not happen after the first one. Currently the experts have been proven to be nothing but daily weather men coming on and telling people who many people have died and the case numbers, very little of what they are saying is accurate TBH.

They are caught between a rock and a hard place, there are no good options here.
There is not enough info and to many opinions, many of these opinions being based on facts that are being misrepresentated. Mainly by people on social media who seem to be only interested in likes and their 15 mins of fame.
Seven months into a deadly pandemic,
26 million gp apts missed
100,000s of the operations cancelled
100,000s of referrals and tests missed
And yet death rate is exactly were it should be for the year.
What was it four months of lockdown, I wasn't locked down forgive me if I'm a bit vague on that one. Not that I'm complaining, happy to have a job to do and to have been doing my bit.
Makes you think doesn't it.

Oh, and I am in no fudging way absolving Boris and his clown car full of idiots for anything.

People don’t die on the day they contract the virus. The onset of serious symptoms tends to be between day 8 - 10 for those who are badly hit. They then go to hospital and are treated for a number of days/weeks. If they are very unfortunate then they die - usually in week 3 or 4 of having the virus. Some die after an even longer period of treatment.

If somewhere between 50,000 - 100,000 people a day are presently contracting the virus then we will see the mortality rates associated with that become clear in 3 - 4 weeks time.
Thankfully that correlation between the rise in cases and deaths hasn’t been very strong in London this autumn but guess it’s early days yet...

I understand its not instant death, but four weeks? That just seems to me to be spreading a wide net to catch a lot fishes.
It's the same died with covid, doesn't mean you died of covid.

which science?

a shocking mass-testing study published yesterday estimated that 96,000 people were catching the disease every day in England on October 25. Imperial College London academics - whose projection was based on thousands of random test results - warned the R rate could even be as high as three in London.

Or

a conflicting forecast which put the figure at closer to 56,000, sparking confusion about how severe the UK's second wave really is. Department of Health testing has picked up an average of just 22,125 cases per day for the last week, with 23,065 diagnosed yesterday.

There is no single science.
The top one.

I understand its not instant death, but four weeks? That just seems to me to be spreading a wide net to catch a lot fishes.
It's the same died with covid, doesn't mean you died of covid.

because it’s part of the death cycle we are now in

lockdown
Claim it worked whilst ignoring the devastation they cause.
Cases rise (faulty pcr tests)
Deaths rise in the older and due to all being lumped in together
Lockdown

I don’t understand the governments play here, how does this help the economy?

I guess you could make the argument that they are trying to save lives, but why start now?

Back