• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Coronavirus

Year on year deaths are on a par - 30 percent of out breaks are in care homes again - look at the ages of deaths - look at flu deaths this year

as sad as deaths are they are flu deaths repackaged and because care homes/the govs are criminally making the same error with care homes.
Dont forget most care homes are private enterprises and the owners have a huge accountability here

my wife works as a senior manager in the NHS all be it in the mental health side and it’s a regular discussion point. In effect they don’t want people to go to the care homes as they have no confidence that the owners of them have put in place the necessary measures

Dont forget most care homes are private enterprises and the owners have a huge accountability here

my wife works as a senior manager in the NHS all be it in the mental health side and it’s a regular discussion point. In effect they don’t want people to go to the care homes as they have no confidence that the owners of them have put in place the necessary measures

It’s clear they haven’t and It doesn’t seem like anyone is checking up on it - if only they put as much effort in checking up on these care homes/hospitals as shutting down covid secure businesses...

It’s clear they haven’t and It doesn’t seem like anyone is checking up on it - if only they put as much effort in checking up on these care homes/hospitals as shutting down covid secure businesses...
True
I don’t know anything about them checking up in any business to be honest as it’s not something I’ve read about
I do know quite a few people who work for my wife won’t go near some care homes

Last edited:
As would be expected heading towards winter.

If only there were a country heading into summer we could use as a comparison......

london-melbourne.jpg

London is more densely populated then anywhere in the uk surely
Admittedly the infrastructure is now on a reduced capacity so they will be a huge help it hindrance depending on your need
London's population has reduced massively.
Pre covid appx 30% of the daily population commuted in for outside of a London borough - that is gone.
Lots of people have moved away to family homes too.
And London is like lots of little towns, so there is little need to go that far from where you live anymore.
Winter will change that as the weather will result in buses become a lot more crowded.

London's population has reduced massively.
Pre covid appx 30% of the daily population commuted in for outside of a London borough - that is gone.
Lots of people have moved away to family homes too.
And London is like lots of little towns, so there is little need to go that far from where you live anymore.
Winter will change that as the weather will result in buses become a lot more crowded.
Yeah I get that
Although I’m stunned it’s only 30% commuting in as form my work experience it’s almost double that (guess it varies sector to sector)
And I also agree that it’s little towns or villages (to suit the estate agents). But their still typically apartment and flat living and close proximity of people. What I can say is I’ve seen footage and evidence in London from when I’ve had to go in lately or the vast majority obliging by the rules. I also saw that up in Scotland. I haven’t been to many other areas to compare

I read that London has so many workers in services that most people are working from home, I was in the city a couple of weeks back and had lunch at Spitalfields - only saw 3 people in a suit the whole day. Was really strange, everywhere was like a ghost town.

I also think most of central london has quite a young population, most families and older people live in the outer boroughs where there's more space.

I'm not convinced about that.

I think it's as much out of misguided and outdated political idealism.

I just see a man who is publicly shaming the government over something that is on many peoples mind in and out of Manchester. At the very least its clever because ultimately the public of Manchester would be asking him the questions now they already know the answer as its been played out in public.

London was hit far harder than the north back in the spring with 45% of healthcare workers already having antibodies by May, so those most vulnerable would’ve likely caught virus months ago...

Plus London has a much younger demographic than rest of country...

This is what I am reading more and more, that this is still the first wave and London and home counties were most fled too has had the worse. The 45% that were immune from the virus and those that now have the antibodies.

Like said ages ago, any virus unfortunately kills the weak and vulnerable first and for London thats happened

I read that London has so many workers in services that most people are working from home, I was in the city a couple of weeks back and had lunch at Spitalfields - only saw 3 people in a suit the whole day. Was really strange, everywhere was like a ghost town.

I also think most of central london has quite a young population, most families and older people live in the outer boroughs where there's more space.

I go in once a week, my office is not far from Liverpool Street, its much much quieter than normal and the social distancing and mask wearing is being done at a far higher level than where I live in Essex.

Back