• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Coronavirus

I listened to it all and his statement was for people to TAKE RESPONSIBILITY, not blame.

There is a huge difference and TBH for all their mistakes it is a governments job to keep the message going and TBH regardless if I was the worst PM in the world based on the daily reports of parks, beaches, pubs flouting of rules etc I would 400% keep drumming home the message of personal responsibility, its their job.

I dont personally see that as blame

Personally This sounded pretty Blamey to me

Right, it’s just you mentioned they had a much lower infection rate there than Melbourne. Which was why I mentioned the unfair comparison.

It is right now, but during the first wave Tasmania was doing a whole lot worse than Melbourne and had one really big hot spot, but they got it under control and haven't had a case now for months.

Personally This sounded pretty Blamey to me

Where is there about pubs?

Also he is saying what many on here have argued for themselves in terms of being forced to do things, someone on here was saying they would not wear a mask at work, others saying it was unenglish to force people to do things and undemocratic to say you could not see relatives. So in the tone is is commenting, he is not whole wrong, he is wrong about the track and trace but he is 100% right about the Brits not obeying things more than others, Scandi do better because of it without doubt. Thats not blame in that statement alone, its fact really.

As for the pubs like I said he is not in my opinion blaming, its a tighten up.

For the point you made previous about more pubs being closed if rules we being broken, I am not sure thats right, how many people do we see daily breaking rules in public who dont get fined, I would say plenty, does not mean rules are not being broken, I would rather say the rules not being policed. You can go back pages and pages on here with people calling out colleagues and neighbours for it, I doubt many have had fines

Some are doing it well, my favorite Turkish place are brilliant and you have to reserve to begin with and they text you which proves your number is valid and you bring that with you and ID so if there is an outbreak you can 400% be traced. I have not been anywhere that has been that efficient TBH.

And as you say I go to my local 3/4 times a week to read paper and get away from family for an hour and I have not seen a cop or a council worker once in a few months.

Look I am not lobbying for pubs to be shut but I dont see how the Government sending a message of use it properly or lose it permanently as a negative, for all their faults I dont get that at all.

I agree, some are doing well, but unfortunately they're not the majority.

I agree, some are doing well, but unfortunately they're not the majority.

9 out of 10 pubs in Manchester were found to be breaking Covid Rules

So the threat over them from todays news should be taken as a warning, I cant see it as a bad thing as much as I love the boozer.

Anyway I have a pork Schnitzel sandwich on route at home, so time to tuck into that

But you don't go to pubs or restaurants? I've been to a few and I can say for sure, more often than not they are being very, very slack. Dinner on Saturday, no track and trace.

I didn't think there was a legal requirement to record details of everyone attending, it might be recommended but that's different to advisory guidelines. Of course if the government could build an app then everyone could have used the check in functionality on there.

I didn't think there was a legal requirement to record details of everyone attending, it might be recommended but that's different to advisory guidelines. Of course if the government could build an app then everyone could have used the check in functionality on there.

Its been mandatory for a few weeks I think

The group numbers, social distancing and cleaning was mandatory from day 1 and often flouted in my experience.

Bojo is a total nipple!
“We have more Covid cases than Germany and France because us Brits are more freedom loving!”

Current situation: phasing back in restrictions while phasing out the economic support.

And in terms of blame. The public were pretty compliant till Cummings set a precedent to interpret as you go along.

On the first point I am not sure the government could continue to support those on Furlough, also were there not somewhere near 4bn in fraudulent claims which is a disgraceful strain on what was a great initiative? I am likely to lose my job within the next 6 months if this continues.

On the second point, surely if you have a brain yourself you can separate what a politician does wrong and what you yourself should do based on right or wrong. I don't diddle my expenses just because some politicians did so, I dont molest kids because some old politicians may have done, so taking aside the rights and wrongs of Cummings I am not sure we can give people a free pass on breaking rules. That would be stupid. I also doubt Cummings crosses many peoples minds when they decide to break Covid rules. People going to the pub and staying in large crowds without distancing are not thinking of Dominic Cummings. Police were handing out 1000s of Covid asbos in March and April, idiots don't need an excuse.

I suspect you yourself act within the guidelines despite him as I do, If I can most people can. The Chavs I see in Croydon breaking the rules are not thinking of Cummings.

On the first point I am not sure the government could continue to support those on Furlough, also were there not somewhere near 4bn in fraudulent claims which is a disgraceful strain on what was a great initiative? I am likely to lose my job within the next 6 months if this continues.

On the second point, surely if you have a brain yourself you can separate what a politician does wrong and what you yourself should do based on right or wrong. I don't diddle my expenses just because some politicians did so, I dont molest kids because some old politicians may have done, so taking aside the rights and wrongs of Cummings I am not sure we can give people a free pass on breaking rules. That would be stupid. I also doubt Cummings crosses many peoples minds when they decide to break Covid rules. People going to the pub and staying in large crowds without distancing are not thinking of Dominic Cummings. Police were handing out 1000s of Covid asbos in March and April, idiots don't need an excuse.

I suspect you yourself act within the guidelines despite him as I do, If I can most people can. The Chavs I see in Croydon breaking the rules are not thinking of Cummings.

The government are partly responsible for people's lack of care for the rules. This is absolutely true. Cummings set a precedent for negligence.

In terms of extended furlough. Other countries are planning to do it. I don't think it's sensible economically. No argument there. But if we end furlough then what do you think the impact will be?

Back