• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Coronavirus

In question time Starmer asked Buffoon Boris exactly what were they going to do about the shortage of testing, and his response, raving away at how Starmer is in league with far left anarchists and how he plans to return to the EU. People go on about Trump, but this clown is just as bad.

"Ha, ha ha, you thought Hitler was bad, thank GHod Goebbels never got the leadership." This is moral relativism Scara. I teach my Year 10 students that it is an invalid form of argument and they get it. How come you don't?
It's not relativism as I'm not saying they're good because they're better than others.

I'm saying they're underperforming but are our best option.

Could the Swedish end up having implemented the least bad way of dealing with this pandemic after all...

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-...owest-rate-since-pandemic-began-idUSKBN25Z2TM
Sweden carried out a record number of new coronavirus tests last week with only 1.2% coming back positive, the health agency said on Tuesday, the lowest rate since the pandemic began at a time when countries across Europe are seeing surges in infections.

And that caught pretty much everyone out.

Yep and no one is saying what they did was perfect.

we are not learning lessons, locking down again - a curfew will follow as they have started to poll on it.

its going to bring the Gov down.

Youngest affected by lock downs, after the school grade issues and job losses - are they really going to vote in numbers for the Tories?

Yep and no one is saying what they did was perfect.

we are not learning lessons, locking down again - a curfew will follow as they have started to poll on it.

its going to bring the Gov down.

Youngest affected by lock downs, after the school grade issues and job losses - are they really going to vote in numbers for the Tories?

The man who advised them said the same at time. He said hard decisions and hard discussions to be had that would make it uncomfortable for some but were unavoidable.

He accepted mistakes would be made but they had to make the best decision for them, like its been said when all choices are bad you have yo make the best bad decsions.

One thing they have been is consistent and clear, they taking a long term view to best way to navigate the waters, you look at the success stories I've seen levelled on here and they are followed up with failure. NZ is its own case but they were cheered and placed up as Virus free then they see it spike again and because of their preferred way to deal with it, that was disaster and now their public are shouting about tourism and the economy. That's the issue with lockdown, open, lockdown, open. Its no plan to move forward

Our main issue now in UK is lack of decisions now rather than bad ones in my opinion. I think keeping us in a holding pattern isn't a decision TBH

Everyone will get things wrong though, the experts have been made fools by this virus, the advise from the WHO originally turned out to be a crock, just an example. Posts on here early on referencing experts whose ideas were then found to be wrong later down he line, just proves everyone's learning on the move.

That said and back to the original point Sweden has a plan that runs along side that learning rather than letting it dictate to them

Last edited:
The man who advised them said the same at time. He said hard decisions and hard discussions to be had that would make it uncomfortable for some but were unavoidable.

He accepted mistakes would be made but they had to make the best decision for them, like its been said when all choices are bad you have yo make the best bad decsions.

One thing they have been is consistent and clear, they taking a long term view to best way to navigate the waters, you look at the success stories I've seen levelled on here and they are followed up with failure. NZ is its own case but they were cheered and placed up as Virus free then they see it spike again and because of their preferred way to deal with it, that was disaster and now their public are shouting about tourism and the economy. That's the issue with lockdown, open, lockdown, open. Its no plan to move forward

Our main issue now in UK is lack of decisions now rather than bad ones in my opinion. I think keeping us in a holding pattern isn't a decision TBH

I agree with this accept the last part

In my view main issue in Europe at the moment is the PCR testing and the flaws in it which is showing dead virus.

Find me a test centre then. This is absolutely not made up we have been trying for 5 hours today. Hanrooster has had plenty of time to sort this. I couldn’t care less about political parties I want to get my kids back to school and me back to work. Don’t believe the hype around testing numbers too when sending out home test kits are counted in the number of tests whether they are completed or not. Also the government cannot have it both ways. They are happy to crow about the number of tests carried out but are now saying people who were not eligible have been taking the tests? If the system was not so much about test numbers should it not have made it harder to take a test if you were not eligible?

I never said that everything was perfect, just pointing out that a lot of people are getting tests carried out whereas the media have made it out as though it's not possible for anyone to get a test which clearly isn't the case.

Back