• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Coronavirus

They need to prove the schools are safe before expecting parents to conform.

So far they have fudged up pretty much everything, my kids won’t be first at the school gate in September.

For me the mask issue is about conforming to allow consensus to build. Even if you fundamentally disagree with them but it can help keep the economy alive and is recommended by experts then just wear one.

At the same time if experts are saying reopening schools is essential to society and the economy being kick started and you want to keep your kids at home, then again I think you should conform or become permanent home schoolers.

Yep schools need to reopen, if were going to call a spade a spade then most who want to stop the kids going to school just want to bring down the government.

All the data says kids barely even get this virus. The country needs to get moving again.

Yep schools need to reopen, if were going to call a spade a spade then most who want to stop the kids going to school just want to bring down the government.

All the data says kids barely even get this virus. The country needs to get moving again.

You may want to look at the latest data from Israel and the US, where children have been drivers of some serious spikes.

It’s important to get them back and I’m all for it, but it will come with serious risks to the overall infection rates - and dangers for elderly relatives and vulnerable parents at home, and vulnerable staff in schools

Anyone seen NZ have set up camps for the infected?

mid you refuse to go you are forcefully removed from your house.

so so wrong

Yep, they are sending them to quarantine facilities, so as to separate family members who are infected from those not. They are playing for very high stakes and cannot afford to get this wrong You make it sound like they're sending people into Auschwitz.

Yep, they are sending them to quarantine facilities, so as to separate family members who are infected from those not. They are playing for very high stakes and cannot afford to get this wrong You make it sound like they're sending people into Auschwitz.

It is wrong.

Forcefully removing people from houses and from families if they are OK with all isolating together.

how is that ok?

New Zealand showing yet again they have it wrong by completely over reacting to A handful of cases.

It is wrong.

Forcefully removing people from houses and from families if they are OK with all isolating together.

how is that ok?

New Zealand showing yet again they have it wrong by completely over reacting to A handful of cases.

Ah this is easy. I’m no authority or anything, but letting a highly virulent and dangerous infection like covid could quickly spread through a community.

Far fetched as it might seem, an exponentially transmitted outbreak could see, in short order, medical services overwhelmed and a panicked society and then a panicked government playing catchup, restricting social contact sending the economy to hell in a handcart.

So perhaps locking a few soap dodgers away in comfortable quarantine could spare the rest of the population the discomfort and economic impact of such drastic measures.

Let’s hope it never happens anyway.

The person Tweeting it is Obama's former health advisor, so it is a solid source. It is probably not being reported here because our press don't cover foreign news very well anymore

I heard about this last week from someone who said Formula 1 are well into this (somehow?!)...I had two tests in a week due to being in a "bubble" for a work related project, and I can certainly say a saliva test will be a game changer if my experience is anything to go by!

I saw some news clips this morning which included outrage on the French quarentine rules, surely it's a good thing for those that wanted to exercise lock down and reduce the curve?

It is wrong.

how is that ok?

In less than a week it has gone from 1 to 66. Hardly a handful.

Do any of the senior GGers have memories of the 1968 Hong Kong Flu pandemic? As my parents don’t seem to recall much about it, even though though that pandemic apparently killed tens of thousands!

Back