• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Coronavirus

I know 3 BA pilots....this was all simmering along long before Covid. Perfect for BA as they can fast track what 'they' wanted to do. (And hang the blame on Covid)

Of course, all well and good as long as Covid doesn't actually kill the company. :) (fwiw..they're in ok shape, don't think it will)

Yeah we discussed it ages ago good excuse to park the watertight old school contracts

Who is mentioning the rich?

I'm talking and always have people who earn to live. One mate who is blatently showing signs of mental health issues because of the threat if job loss, there is the decision of best of two evils. You are talking like we are discussing Branson or the elite, I'm not.

If people can work safely they should be given the chance to

As for Heart and lung illness I'm not playing it down I'm using the data available which suggests that it's not likely and not long term

It’s embarrassing, it’s clear people are playing the system now - there are the cases that should be shielded and cases where jobs are not there to go back to yet- but everyone else needs to get back to work - London is dying.

How long is it before bosses realise if staff are working from home they not need to be in the U.K.? Save on staff and building costs

Unless it’s a covid death (currently around 10-15 a day on NHS stats) no other death/illness matters

It’s not a shock The U.K. is the only nation with the issue in Europe along with the schools.

I rarely have agreed with Johnson during this, buts he’s spot on here - more jobs are going to go and it’s self inflicted

time for bosses to get sacking if people refuse, plenty of people to take their place.

It’s embarrassing, it’s clear people are playing the system now - there are the cases that should be shielded and cases where jobs are not there to go back to yet- but everyone else needs to get back to work - London is dying.

How long is it before bosses realise if staff are working from home they not need to be in the U.K.? Save on staff and building costs

Unless it’s a covid death (currently around 10-15 a day on NHS stats) no other death/illness matters

It’s not a shock The U.K. is the only nation with the issue in Europe along with the schools.

I rarely have agreed with Johnson during this, buts he’s spot on here - more jobs are going to go and it’s self inflicted

time for bosses to get sacking if people refuse, plenty of people to take their place.
We've been a little kinder. Those who were furloughed and refuse to return are on unpaid leave.

If work returns to 100% in the meantime and we have to employ others we may not be able to be so generous.

It’s not a shock The U.K. is the only nation with the issue in Europe.

Things do need to get moving. The problem is, until the general population believes that the government has a proper grip on the situation then things won’t get back to the way they were. Yes, we have 10 - 15 deaths a day at the moment; but we had less than that in late February and look where we were by mid-April. People remember how quickly it spiralled out of control, and how ineffective the government were in almost every area.

Like Danish, I don’t think we’ll be out of this until early next Spring, by which time I think there will be more good treatments and probably some kind of vaccine. Even then, though, I don’t think we’ll return to life as before. For example, I think that there is plenty of anecdotal and hard evidence to suggest that office working in cities and large towns is changed forever. Subsidiary businesses there are going to have to adapt or die.

Things do need to get moving. The problem is, until the general population believes that the government has a proper grip on the situation then things won’t get back to the way they were. Yes, we have 10 - 15 deaths a day at the moment; but we had less than that in late February and look where we were by mid-April. People remember how quickly it spiralled out of control, and how ineffective the government were in almost every area.

Like Danish, I don’t think we’ll be out of this until early next Spring, by which time I think there will be more good treatments and probably some kind of vaccine. Even then, though, I don’t think we’ll return to life as before. For example, I think that there is plenty of anecdotal and hard evidence to suggest that office working in cities and large towns is changed forever. Subsidiary businesses there are going to have to adapt or die.

Or Joe public can be trusted to do things safely that's why government hasn't lifted it totally, it's as much trust the other way than public trust and I see hourly evidence to why there is sceptical views. Plenty flout the mask rule and thats simple. I would say I'm 50% on business adherence to track and trace and the rules esp pubs.

City office working isn't as easy to say work from home and the city is mad up of more than just office workers, London will see the collapse of entire chains of eateries and other services if London was not to return

Or Joe public can be trusted to do things safely
Quite. It's long been the refrain of the left that government must control our every thought and action.

History has shown that to rarely be the case. People are perfectly capable of living their own lives without meddling and interference.

We've been a little kinder. Those who were furloughed and refuse to return are on unpaid leave.

If work returns to 400% in the meantime and we have to employ others we may not be able to be so generous.

good to hear, I’m sure many will be gone shortly

out of interest,did many kick off?

I would say about 25 percent of those refusing to come back to my work place did and they are no longer with us.

It goes back to the back up of those deaths, shield the at risk and as mentioned those have a rightful reason the WFH.

I think You are right, which as I said will mean bosses will be thinking how else they can save money ? Overseas contact centres again.

good to hear, I’m sure many will be gone shortly

out of interest,did many kick off?

I would say about 25 percent of those refusing to come back to my work place did and they are no longer with us.

It goes back to the back up of those deaths, shield the at risk and as mentioned those have a rightful reason the WFH.

I think You are right, which as I said will mean bosses will be thinking how else they can save money ? Overseas contact centres again.

The first wave spike won't happen again because like any virus the spike is killing the vunerable and weak first and quickly hence the heavy numbers early globally.

Okay Mr "I can't be racist as my fiancee is from somewhere fancy", a watertight argument if there ever was one so it's definitely wise to start calling other people names o_O

Funny thing about the harderline brexit voter is they don’t have the guts to admit they're racist/stand up for their right wing ways, outside of their numbskull circle of mates. I know plenty of those types, even here in Melbourne amongst the expat community. There’s obviously a lot of more of that kind in the UK itself.

As for what you’re referring to, my Danny Rose comment, which got twisted and turned into something it wasn’t. I don’t really care if you think it was racist or not, i know it wasn’t. Go find someone else to bother on your Sunday loser. Oh and Guatemala is only fancy if you’re a stay at home vacation in Bournemouth type, with a hanky on your head and copy of the Sun under your deckchair.

A few people in a dinghy is not an invasion you bellends. Desperate people whose countries we have no doubt been complicit in destabilising needing somewhere safe and prosperous to live shouldn't frighten you. clams.

No of course it's not an invasion, but more then a few. Hundreds a day, thousands over a month. Not knowing what viruses they may or may not have picked up along the way.

The government's track and trace at the airport's has been lacking as well. The government's control of our borders have been lacking in every sense.

It does not have to be one or the other, it should be capable of controlling it's borders to keep us safe which is what we pay our tax for.

Even Farage has said this country should accept asylum seekers but in doing so from aid camps around the world we would help to limit the appeal of people traffickers.

Funny thing about the harderline brexit voter is they don’t have the guts to admit they're racist/stand up for their right wing ways, outside of their numbskull circle of mates. I know plenty of those types, even here in Melbourne amongst the expat community. There’s obviously a lot of more of that kind in the UK itself.

As for what you’re referring to, my Danny Rose comment, which got twisted and turned into something it wasn’t. I don’t really care if you think it was racist or not, i know it wasn’t. Go find someone else to bother on your Sunday loser. Oh and Guatemala is only fancy if you’re a stay at home vacation in Bournemouth type, with a hanky on your head and copy of the Sun under your deckchair.

I was referring quite clearly to the comment where you reckoned you can't be racist if you're engaged to someone from somewhere that people aren't white. Hadn't read through the whole convo but that point stands out. Honestly I recommend you do a bit of mental gymnastics on that point, it'd be interesting to see if you still stand by it. It's interesting for someone to hold such a view to then be calling a bunch of other people racist which is why I interjected.

I don't really get your Bournemouth / Brexit references but I hope it felt very good to make those points! I didn't mean to bother you, although it only seems fair as your ignorance bothered me, we can call it a draw if you like.

The first wave spike won't happen again because like any virus the spike is killing the vunerable and weak first and quickly hence the heavy numbers early globally.

I hope you are right. I think figures suggest that less than 10% of the UK population has been exposed to the virus; you’d imagine there would be hundreds of thousands (millions?) of ‘weak and vulnerable’ people in the other 90+%.

I hope you are right. I think figures suggest that less than 10% of the UK population has been exposed to the virus; you’d imagine there would be hundreds of thousands (millions?) of ‘weak and vulnerable’ people in the other 90+%.

I may not be but there was a sensible scientist advising Sweden who provided relevant stats to back that up. Need to dig it out.

It's not an easy convo to have granted but in terms of death toll we have in my opinion seen the worse.

No of course it's not an invasion, but more then a few. Hundreds a day, thousands over a month. Not knowing what viruses they may or may not have picked up along the way.

The government's track and trace at the airport's has been lacking as well. The government's control of our borders have been lacking in every sense.

It does not have to be one or the other, it should be capable of controlling it's borders to keep us safe which is what we pay our tax for.

Even Farage has said this country should accept asylum seekers but in doing so from aid camps around the world we would help to limit the appeal of people traffickers.

We accept less than anyone else from the big European countries. I personally don't understand why people dislike the idea of people wanting to come here and be part of our society.

We accept less than anyone else from the big European countries. I personally don't understand why people dislike the idea of people wanting to come here and be part of our society.

Which is natural for an island no?

Its logicical to leave a country and migrate to next safest point of opportunity which makes us last before the atlantic for many places,

Which is natural for an island no?

Its logicical to leave a country and migrate to next safest point of opportunity which makes us last before the atlantic for many places,

I've already tried to explain why they want to come here. It's not that much of a surprise.

I've already tried to explain why they want to come here. It's not that much of a surprise.

I understand it because I love the UK but it isn't as right wing to suggest you seek asylum in your first second or third country of prosperity than come to UK. I know others will paint another picture on here because it's par for the course but if I land on the shores of Italy I'm loving life, not paying 6k more to travel 3 more countries and risk a dingy to come for our fish and chips

Last edited:
I understand it because I love the UK but it isn't as right wing to suggest you seek asylum in your first second or third country of prosperity than come to UK. I know others will paint another picture on here because it's part for the course but if I land on the shores of Italy I'm loving life, not paying 6k more to travel 3 more countries and risk a dingy to come for our fish and chips

If you only know some English and have some family in the UK and you have been told that it is less racist than the rest of Europe then you come here. It's what people will do to give their children a future where they don't starve or suffer.

Back