• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Coronavirus

https://news.sky.com/story/coronavi...f-death-from-covid-19-phe-study-says-12035847

Is this news? Seriously? Obesity has been on the vulnerability list for months, hasn't it?

Edit. Ok, perhaps the devil in is the detail. This seems to be reducing the BMI threshold from previous. Even so...

As much as the Government got wrong you would hope people use this as a wake up call on things that are in their control like their weight and blood pressure which increase Chance death in this situation By double.

As much as the Government got wrong you would hope people use this as a wake up call on things that are in their control like their weight and blood pressure which increase Chance death in this situation By double.

I'd love to think you'd be right, but in general terms things seem to me to have been going in very much the opposite direction recently - everything's the government's fault, fuelled by a media that are constantly prompting people to scream & squeal about one thing or another. Personal responsibilty...what's that?

A shift in this attitude would definitely be a silver lining from all this, but I won't hold my breath.

I'd love to think you'd be right, but in general terms things seem to me to have been going in very much the opposite direction recently - everything's the government's fault, fuelled by a media that are constantly prompting people to scream & squeal about one thing or another. Personal responsibilty...what's that?

A shift in this attitude would definitely be a silver lining from all this, but I won't hold my breath.

And that’s no way saying the government are not making mistakes as I know that’s how it likes to be twisted on here.

There has to be in my mind more personal accountability on certain aspects of everyday life. If being healthy can save your life more than a face mask then you need to do your bit too.

And that’s no way saying the government are not making mistakes as I know that’s how it likes to be twisted on here.

There has to be in my mind more personal accountability on certain aspects of everyday life. If being healthy can save your life more than a face mask then you need to do your bit too.

Over 40.000 dead. What is being twisted again?

Over 40.000 dead. What is being twisted again?

Yep and the large proportion of blame lies at the governments actions or lack of them.

That doesn’t detract that Covid or no Covid people who take more personal responsibility for their health live longer. That opinion is the bit likely to be twisted hence why I made clear where I believe the large portion of blame lies first for Covid deaths.

Last edited:
Yep and the large proportion of blame lies at the governments actions or lack of them.

That doesn’t detract that Covid or no Covid people who take more personal responsibility for their health live longer. That opinion is the bit likely to be twisted hence why I made clear where I believe the large portion of blame lies first for Covid deaths.

There's plenty of blame to fairly share round. The government no doubt shoulder a good proportion of it but sections of the public have acted less than responsibly too, in a variety of ways. Then of course, there's the original source of all this...

Unfortunately, too many people want to target all of the blame at their own personal favourite spacegoat, and it becomes a bun fight rather than a constructive exercise.

There's plenty of blame to fairly share round. The government no doubt shoulder a good proportion of it but sections of the public have acted less than responsibly too, in a variety of ways. Then of course, there's the original source of all this...

Unfortunately, too many people want to target all of the blame at their own personal favourite spacegoat, and it becomes a bun fight rather than a constructive exercise.

Yeh agree, the issue is that where as main blame like outlining guidelines lay with the Government people in many cases choose to ignore them, that’s on them. As this is a football forum I use Liverpool fans as a case, those celebrating together against guidelines, the risk and risk of spread lay with them and there are many examples of this countrywide and that’s personal responsibility. People come out with crap like “it’s not being policed well enough” but in a pandemic and 65m people there has to be responsibility on all parts.

14 days quarantine if you're coming in/back from Spain.

That should cheer the few who have dived off on holiday as soon as the green light was given.

And I expect thousands have holidays they've booked coming up.

Gotta do what they gotta do though.

That should cheer the few who have dived off on holiday as soon as the green light was given.

I wouldn’t dream of booking anything abroad at present. This kind of thing will be rife in the coming months and insurance won’t cover cancellations.

Chances are it will be largely ignored as there is no real checking in place, apart from maybe a random phone call to check where you are, or an even less likely knock on the door.

But that is one of things that puts me off booking anywhere abroad for a break right now : a) not knowing if you can definitely get there; b) not knowing what it will be like when you get there in terms of restrictions; c) not knowing if you will definitely be able to get back home if flights get suspended; and d) not knowing if quarantine will suddenly apply when you get back (although that at least can be planned for as long as you can work from home). Too much risk in it for me, risk of plans being disrupted rather than risk of contracting coronavirus.

The whole sliding movements out there on restrictions seems to show the worlds maybe going backwards slightly. CV-19 hasn’t finished its grip on the planet just yet.

Chances are it will be largely ignored as there is no real checking in place, apart from maybe a random phone call to check where you are, or an even less likely knock on the door.
Although I agree this is how it will probably turn out, I'm not sure enough have returned from 'not on the list' countries to be 100% sure.

Also..

I know people are itching to get away but with the uncertainty and health risk can't people just hold off?...even the weather in the UK has been decent since April.

*Although i do say that from a privileged position

Back