• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Coronavirus

The issue with the last point is public being utter idiots and not doing it anyway, that was form day 1

Beat me to it.

That's my clear memory of that week or so in March, leading up to the full lockdown when the restrictions were being phased in - virtually nothing changed in terms of many people's behaviour. I clearly recall going into my office (we are an essential service), and out & about it was indistinguishable from a 'normal' day.

Physically demanding jobs are the easiest things I've ever done. No pressure, not a care in the world, free fitness, etc.

I'm fairly sure "I do all the work, my boss does nothing" is the mating call of the common retread.

You wouldn't be saying that if you were in your 50's.

they take years to train Mike. They had weeks/months for the response

They’ve been in charge for 10 years and had two comprehensive independent reports which advised them that the country was grossly underprepared for a pandemic - which was also identified as the number one threat to the country.

They’ve not been dealt an easy hand, for sure, though.

I'm in my 40s and I'm saying it now.

I'm struggling to reconcile the idea of being in the workforce for 30-40 years and still doing something I don't want to do.

Clearly what you consider to be hard manual labour and what I consider to be hard manual labour are different things.

Clearly what you consider to be hard manual labour and what I consider to be hard manual labour are different things.
I'm not sure a tinkling contest about who has worked harder is going to get either of us anywhere.

But I can tell you that anyone I know who has had bottom rung and top rung jobs will tell you that life is easier further down the chain.

So, because I've been working and our business has carried on as normal through all this life has been a bit bizarre for me.
Perfectly normal during the day but little to no interaction with almost anyone outside work.
On holiday this week and had my first experience of life "outside" in the city centre.
WTF is wrong with people, how long has this been going on now, four months, yet no one seems to have a clue about anything.
Every shop has different rules, one way routing that means you are crossing over to reach exit/entrance points, people being total clams and using "social distancing" as an excuse.
And obese staff in high vis social distancing marshal vests, what's that all about?

I dont get why they didn't just block off all the roads around the stadiums before kick off, it's not exactly a surprise that thousands of fans are going to turn up outside is it - I mean I read Merseyside police put a disperal order in place from 9.30 onwards after realising numbers were gathering.
Have we still got the water cannons Boris bought?

No it was the police’s fault for not stopping them from gathering despite being asked / told not to.
I blame Boris for getting rid of the water cannon.

Them again, it would have been a field day for ambulance chasers in the North West had the police dealt with them properly.

Back