• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Coronavirus

My productivity is through the roof at home.

Also getting fitter and the garden looks great, and my diet is considerably healthier

I’ve spent £50 on diesel since February and overpaid the mortgage twofold each of the last four months.

We’ve also got a lot more time for intimacy and I’m wearing my knob to a nub.
I'm in a similar situation
Have lost weight, far more energetic, my golf game has improved hugely
We've paid a load of debt off, I'm actually out of my overdraft for the first time in about 5 years and we've starting saving for our wedding in 2022
Not so much of the last sentence going on in my gaff though haha

We always have time to lunch - that's where most of the important stuff gets done.

That sounds to me as if you weren't working to your full potential before. Now your employer knows what they can get out of you I'm sure they'll expect the same once you're back in the office. That or they can just make a quarter of the workforce redundant now you're all more efficient.

Ha, ha, Scara equates lunch with 'work.' I'll bet his lunches are exhausting. Anybody who makes a statement like that doesn't know what real work is.

The obvious response being that anyone who makes a statement like this doesn't understand the responsibilities senior management positions can bring.
Quite.

I've done menial work before and office work at pretty much every level. The actual output I produce now is next to nothing, but there's more work and harder work by far than in anything I've ever done.

I'd swap with any one of those jobs tomorrow if I could take my salary with it.

This is a real worker's lunch. Thirty minutes, a round of sandwiches, a thermos of tea and then back to laying hundreds of bricks. That was my old man's lunch. He was a worker, not a parasite!

The last tweet is the one that has stunned me. I'm a data guy and I pride myself on not letting my politics and my echo chamber ever deviate me from the truth in these things. This says I need to really continue to consider my view. Very taken aback.
So would this suggest that the way to combat another wave/virus, is to immediately start with wearing face masks/social distancing measures/hand sanitising/isolate those at risk, but otherwise carry on as normal?

So would this suggest that the way to combat another wave/virus, is to immediately start with wearing face masks/social distancing measures/hand sanitising/isolate those at risk, but otherwise carry on as normal?

It suggests that lockdown didn't impact the death rate. But in terms of what our reaction should have been, I still believe complete eradication of the virus with a hard and early lockdown was the correct and best option.

It suggests that lockdown didn't impact the death rate. But in terms of what our reaction should have been, I still believe complete eradication of the virus with a hard and early lockdown was the correct and best option.
But why lockdown if it doesn't impact the death rate?

This is a real worker's lunch. Thirty minutes, a round of sandwiches, a thermos of tea and then back to laying hundreds of bricks. That was my old man's lunch. He was a worker, not a parasite!
Physically demanding jobs are the easiest things I've ever done. No pressure, not a care in the world, free fitness, etc.

I'm fairly sure "I do all the work, my boss does nothing" is the mating call of the common retread.

Physically demanding jobs are the easiest things I've ever done. No pressure, not a care in the world, free fitness, etc.

I'm fairly sure "I do all the work, my boss does nothing" is the mating call of the common retread.

Was easiest and best paid I ever did when I was a dry liners labourer innCanary Wharf. Paid loads and in the pub by 12 on a Friday

Luckily you now have the kind of job that allows you to spout off pompous drivel 24 hours a day on a football forum.

So why was the death rate so high here? On this forum the death rate was attributed to the slowness of the lockdown?

If not that why so high?

Back