• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Coronavirus

Also I think they need to highlight that if you've only got mild (or very mild) symptoms it's still reason to be concerned. Moreso I'd say, as when you get a cold or flu it's often not mild it's usually a well trodden path of at least feeling brick for 2-5 days. So 'mild symptoms' actually might be a good indicator it's something else.

Thing is those with mild symptoms are hardly gonna be bothered by it and almost definitely not in line to be tested.

I've noticed a similar difference between types of supermarket. Places like Tesco have been absolutely rinsed for those items, the M&S I was in yesterday was business as usual.

There's a clear class divide between those who do and don't panic IMO.

At a time of panic, a rich clams mindset would be to blend in and always go for the lowest options first to save the money they could otherwise easily afford to lose. M&S would absolutely be their last option in a panic.

At a time of panic, a rich clams mindset would be to blend in and always go for the lowest options first to save the money they could otherwise easily afford to lose. M&S would absolutely be their last option in a panic.
Or those who are more educated (and capable of getting through FE) are more likely to understand the pointlessness of such actions.

People are so incredible stupid. It's not like everything shuts down. Absolute my tits. I was shopping after work, and people where throwing items into the trolley, and most were dragging around with two or 3 trolleys. Pathetic.

Some people always go way overboard. We filled up on the essentials, so that in a scenario where we get sick and have to stay at home for two weeks, at least we don't have to worry about how to get hold of food for our two small kids. That’s more a matter of convenience and security for the young ones than anything else. Two or three trolleys is full on panic mode though.

From the advice I've read it's fever, headache, dry cough, aches pains and later on shortness of breath (as it begins to infect the lungs).

No sore throat or snot and gunk which really are the two symptoms of a cold, so strange they keep using that as an indicator of whether you potentially need to take measures or not. Maybe it's just a proxy for generally unwell that the public understand?..and they're trying to keep it simple.

sorry yes, cough not a sore throat.

The Czech Republic on Thursday declared a 30-day state of emergency and closed its borders to people from 15 "risk countries" to stem the spread of the novel coronavirus.

The government also banned its citizens from entering the so-called risk zones, which include France, Germany and Britain. Gatherings of more than 30 people were also barred in the country, which has so far confirmed 96 cases and no deaths.

We are also banning theatre, music, film and other performances, sports, cultural, religious, community, dancing, traditional events and other meetings,

Restaurants will shutter from between 7pm GMT and 5am GMT and all gyms, swimming pools, clubs and libraries will also be closed to the public. Schools, theatres, cinemas and galleries have already been closed across the Czech Republic.

Don't get the restaurant one though, there will be plenty of people out eating n drinking before 8pm so it doesn't make any difference to the chance to catch something - the virus does not have a curfew that I'm aware for.. I get they are trying to help the restaurants still make some money.

Heard the Hilton lost 18mil Czk in business events etc for this month already

I'll have to go to Old Town, going to be great to actually walk around without hordes of people there :D

Most of us will be fine, but a lot of people will die from this. Less people will die if we're willing to over react. Just look at the number of cases and deaths and measures taken in China, Italy and South Korea.

Stockpiling food is unnecessary in Norway, so stupid, but working from home and not hanging out with groups of people for a while are sound decisions at the moment.

“....who had an underlying condition also died”.
My missus has been worried the whole time
Doesn’t help i can do a lot of travel but as it’s. a government contract their fee flexible
And I’ve also gone through 4 lots of pills...

Back