• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Coronavirus

This was the immediate outcome that I was expecting. I don't think that your happiness is a primary concern to the government right now.
It’s not the government it’s the premier league doing this as they don’t what to refund TV companies

Let's see what the government announces tomorrow. I think that this will extend to all large events, not just football.
It should be all events stop now
The have cancelled a festival of colour event locally where I am for 2000 people as it’s the right thing to do and we have no one here currently with it. It’s sensible and reasonable

It should be all events stop now
The have cancelled a festival of colour event locally where I am for 2000 people as it’s the right thing to do and we have no one here currently with it. It’s sensible and reasonable

It sounds like that will be the announcement tomorrow from what Laura Kuenssberg and the FT are reporting

I can't see refunds being given. If you're lucky they'll freeze prices next season and give you a voucher for the club shop.

a lot depends on terms and quite a few clubs have policies of no refunds

I’m only a member so pretty sure there’s consumer protection relating to events - if it’s cancelled then you are entitled to a refund. Personally I’ll do a chargeback on my CC if no fans are allowed and I’m not refunded.

Not sure how Season Tickets would work. As you say most likely a “discount” and/or keyring..

Ultimately safety is #1...but seems like they are putting players at risk just to ensure the TV money.

I’m only a member so pretty sure there’s consumer protection relating to events - if it’s cancelled then you are entitled to a refund. Personally I’ll do a chargeback on my CC if no fans are allowed and I’m not refunded.

Not sure how Season Tickets would work. As you say most likely a “discount” and/or keyring..
Terms and conditions vary between clubs
Be interesting the credit card thing ...

I doubt that would cover you if the government cancel large events using the emergency legislation that they passed last month. As @Modric THFC says, smaller businesses would go under.

-Apart from the UK, Trump suspends travel anywhere within Europe to the US.
-Tom Hanks and a bunch of other celebs reporting they/others close to them having tested positive.
-The NBA has been shutdown, along with this slamdunk of Karma for Rudy Gobert whos tested positive:

Lastly, peculiar how another rocket attack on a US base in Iraq, that actually kills people this time, doesnt even trend. Exactly 2 months to the day...but I digress :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Why would Trump suspend travel from all of Europe, but not from the UK? Doesn't he know there is corona virus there too? Is he planning a UK Easter holiday? Does he have friends in the UK needing to go home?

Back