• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Controversial but I need to get it off my chest

Nigey...we are over-achieving in this current phase of time, thankfully we maintained out over-achievement on the field so as the stadium caught up. Now it is in sync.

If you believe it all hinges on one game then I think you're missing a bigger picture.

As for the "being a big club", let me assure you most definitely that Tottenham Hotspur is a MASSIVE fudging club, with PIONEERING history, and no amount of metro-dollar-stuffed tossery can take that away. The best players in the world came before Sky and the Prem. They really did. People talk about Messi, and he is brilliant, but Maradona he isn't...anyway...

I’m sorry but I do feel like the season hinges on this game.

I’m not oblivious to our history nor recent strides forward on and off the pitch.

I know we are a big club and have done many good things recently and perhaps I’m too determined to see us reap some reward.

I see the bigger picture, I get why people feel like I need to locate my missing perspective.

I see our large part of our fanbase also consumed by fear...afraid to put it out their that we should be competing and winning titles, because of fear and a horrible inferiority complex to other clubs.

But in my heart I feel like big clubs and their fans...Utd, Pool...their fans would never just judge top 4 finishes and coming close to titles as anything to be content by...whether they or indeed I come across as self entitled tossers, well fair enough...

But that’s where I am...years of blind faith and subsequent heartache has perhaps changed me.

I would like to see us do it! To taste it smell it feel it.

I think we should cut Nigeyman a lot of slack. When you've been conditioned to failure, as many of us have, it is very hard to believe that things can be different. I respect Nigey's honesty, though clearly he paid for it in a fair amount of grief on here!!
CL final...astonishing, and you just got to hope this is the start not the end. When Harry Rednapp left, I wondered if that team with Modric and Bale was as good as it gets. But then Poch raises the bar. And now, despite a painful end of season in the league, here we are in the CL. Maybe we all need to start believing, Nigeyman, me and i'm sure others on here too......

Thanks for this.

I wanted to be honest, I’m pretty sure some of those being the most hard on me may have had similar doubts and I’m sure they would have thrown criticism Pochettinos way at some point.

I know it doesn’t pay to be honest anymore but I’m happy to take some of the more reasonable flack, and it’s justified because it’s literally the first time in my life I’ve gone into a spurs game not having any belief or hope that we could win, that felt disgusting to me and disturbing to me so I aired my thoughts, I pretty much got the reply I needed straight away from Dubai...

Anyway thank you, believe away and enjoy the moment, I’m sure you’ve had to suffer down the years just like me.

Good post dude...much appreciated.

I’m sorry but I do feel like the season hinges on this game.

I’m not oblivious to our history nor recent strides forward on and off the pitch.

I know we are a big club and have done many good things recently and perhaps I’m too determined to see us reap some reward.

I see the bigger picture, I get why people feel like I need to locate my missing perspective.

I see our large part of our fanbase also consumed by fear...afraid to put it out their that we should be competing and winning titles, because of fear and a horrible inferiority complex to other clubs.

But in my heart I feel like big clubs and their fans...Utd, Pool...their fans would never just judge top 4 finishes and coming close to titles as anything to be content by...whether they or indeed I come across as self entitled tossers, well fair enough...

But that’s where I am...years of blind faith and subsequent heartache has perhaps changed me.

I would like to see us do it! To taste it smell it feel it.

“Consumed by fear”...hardly. Not in my case.

IMO your biggest misfire in the “perspective” is measuring us against Liverpool and Man Utd, who financially left our stratosphere when the Premier League was born. When football became about money we got lost. In the last five years we have enabled ourselves to sit at the same table. That’s not an “inferiority” complex or “fear”, it is a fact. We are at the beginning of an era. Phase one ends on June 2nd and phase two begins.

But again, “consumed by fear”? Nah.

“Consumed by fear”...hardly. Not in my case.

IMO your biggest misfire in the “perspective” is measuring us against Liverpool and Man Utd, who financially left our stratosphere when the Premier League was born. When football became about money we got lost. In the last five years we have enabled ourselves to sit at the same table. That’s not an “inferiority” complex or “fear”, it is a fact. We are at the beginning of an era. Phase one ends on June 2nd and phase two begins.

But again, “consumed by fear”? Nah.
Fear

False
Evidence
Appearing
Real

And I have always known you to be understanding and patient which is very much appreciated.

I also know you love this club as a father would love a child and will defend it to the hilt.

Perhaps I’m to anxious to get my child over the line too...and being a pushy parent anxious to see success and good times for that child..

Your 100 percent spot on. I am afraid, fearful of getting so close to something incredible only to see it be snatched away.

I feel like I can’t enjoy the ride anymore, getting over the line, rightly or wrongly is the only thing that matters to me now...I dearly wish us to win the big one and not be nearly men...

Whilst I know we won’t see eye to eye in that particular way of thinking, I hope you can understand this.

What shouldn’t of happened is my darkest fears and concerns affecting anyone’s enjoyment of what is a fabulous achievement...

Getting to the final!

For any fellow spur that felt that way after reading my thoughts then please know that I’m deeply remorseful for that.

Just saw this.
Try to enjoy and try to expect, try to believe.
Best wishes mate

Back