• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Controversial but I need to get it off my chest

Nigeyman

Chris Armstrong
On the eve of our biggest game since, like ever!, I don’t know why I feel so mute or down or why I’m thinking the way I do, yet I’m not hopeful tomorrow nor am I hopeful for the future with the majority of our current squad and indeed our manager.

I feel it’s important to say this now because I don’t want to be a coward and say it after the game tomorrow night. I’ve felt this way for a while and haven’t posted on here not wanting to be or spread negativity or negative vibes.

I hope I’m wrong and I hope to the football gods we can win tomorrow but in my heart I just don’t see it nor do I believe anymore.

To cut the rambling I feel like Pochettino has come to the end of his cycle and I feel we need to do a lot of ins and outs in the summer.

Pochettino talking about leaving if we win ucl has angered me in all honesty! Firstly, concentrate on the task in hand, secondly so you wouldn’t want to raise the bar and challenge city and Liverpool domestically after such a hypothetical triumph, see ya later then...

I’m grateful for all he’s done don’t get me wrong, I appreciate it might take a special kind of man to work with Levy, no signings in nearly two years isn’t great yet I just feel like he’s happy to be that guy working under constraints and taking the plaudits just for qualifying us for ucl...hopefully, yet I want to win, a desire expressed with knowledge of our place in world football and knowing how distracting Wembley, knackered players after wc has all been and of course a bad season of injuries.

Still he talks of winning mentality but I feel like he is the problem now not the players because I feel he has let other job links inflate his ego and is happy to point out our difficulties and say I’ve got spurs in ucl 4 years running ain’t I great! No your not Poch, you’ve lost 13 league games which for this squad isn’t clever in my opinion.

Let’s be honest if we get UCL it’s because we have been incredibly fortunate that United and Goons have failed terribly!

These feelings started when you didn’t take the brave decision to strip Lloris of the captaincy when he let down the whole club and it’s fanbase, every one makes mistakes me included but you should have made Harry captain. Maintaining the status quo with Lloris was a huge mistake and sent completely the wrong message to our squad in terms of discipline.

Then your antics at the end of the Burnley game were downright ridiculous and embarrassing and not your usual character.

Calling our players heroes again was wrong even after losing at the Etihad to get the semi final, we lost and heroes are defined by lifting silverware.

Not to mention numerous big games where the set up and message to the players has been wrong! Biggest game of our lives against Ajax at new whl and we play 3 cb against a false no 9 meaning we got crucified in midfield, he was too slow to react and our players started the game like we were playing Watford, or West Brom!

For me the magic of Pochettino has gone and I wouldn’t feel at all sorry if he leaves us anytime soon, I don’t think he’s strong enough to fully change us into a winning mentality as he lacks that final sprint to be that himself.

If we win tomorrow and somehow win the damn thing I’ll be the happiest man alive and I’d have no issues with any of you, pumping me this post until the end of days...

Apologies if you read this and it’s a downer before tomorrow.
I want glory and good times as much as any of you.

I’ve just lost faith in the man at the helm, perhaps at the most inopportune time...but I have....

Poch has made mistakes this season. And you're justified in feeling the way you do, mate.

But honestly, I think you're wrong on this.

I get the feeling that, more than anything else, Poch is exhausted. The players definitely are; but Poch is, too. It shows in his strange reactions, in his in-game mistakes, and in his strained press conferences.

He's tired, like the players are. That's my guess.

But can you blame someone for being tired? He's had the weight of the entire world on his shoulders for so long, we got used to his brilliance, and we never noticed the burden he was carrying.

Poch is dragging us to the end, single-handedly, with a papier mache squad full of crap owned by a relentless cheapskate that went 18 months without signing anyone.

If we are disappointed in having lost tomorrow, it will not be an indictment of Poch, but an indictment of the men upstairs who coldly demanded miracles from a man given brick and told to turn it into gold.

I get it, despite where we are, we have been crap this season, we have no identity, Sissoko is the only squad member who has had a positive season, and that’s primarily for putting out fires elsewhere.

Poch has probably had his weakest season with us too.

We can’t ignore the additional hurdles this season thrown up however.

We’ve seen great things from this unit in the past, if we get a decent pre season in I think we can put it all together and get back to our best. We do need a couple of changes though, and imo, for players many consider our best.

Fair play for being honest, if we don’t start next season on fire many will be saying the same.

Next season is important for us, it’s time to win.

IF we beat Ajax it will be most likely because of Poch and the mentality he's changed at our club from mid table hopefuls of finishing in the top six to Champions League regulars who no longer fear away trips to Old Trafford, Death Star of Stamford Bridge. I mean you need luck and funding in football but we've done pretty well under Poch for years, with neither. I genuinely believe he's the most important employee at our great club. More so than Kane, Eriksen or Alli.

Wow.

And if we get knocked out tomorrow, as I think we might, you'll have more fuel for your fire.

I don’t want to start a fire or some sort of crusade, don’t need universal agreement on here, in truth I want to be wrong and I just want to be honest.

That’s how I feel and perhaps poch’s Bizarre interview was the tipping point.

I’d get more pleasure from winning and being told I’m a fool than perhaps being proved right in a few months time.

Still that’s where we are...make no mistake I’ll rediscover my fire tomorrow in time for kick off.

I’ve said it and I feel better even though wiser and much more respected posters feel I’m wrong, that’s totally okay with me...

I don’t want to start a fire or some sort of crusade, don’t need universal agreement on here, in truth I want to be wrong and I just want to be honest.

That’s how I feel and perhaps poch’s Bizarre interview was the tipping point.

I’d get more pleasure from winning and being told I’m a fool than perhaps being proved right in a few months time.

Still that’s where we are...make no mistake I’ll rediscover my fire tomorrow in time for kick off.

I’ve said it and I feel better even though wiser and much more respected posters feel I’m wrong, that’s totally okay with me...
Get the c.unt out.

Whose coming in?

Good to vent from time to time. I feel a lot like you, but like others mentioned it's a bit more complicated this season and you're just speculating that poch is thinking about leaving.

So while I feel what you do, I haven't reached the same conclusion as you and hope that he stays cos next season will be a lot better without the world Cup and stadium moves.

Poch needs to learn to rotate his team better and involve 2nd stringers more, he may be stubborn but I don't think it's beyond him and his staff to recognise and fix that given the mounting evidence.

Even if he leaves its not the end of the world, we'll be able to attract a different calibre of managers now (though that comes with it's own problems).

Sent from my SM-G975F using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app

I understand where you are coming from, and you are fully entitled to your position, but I think it's testament to the man that just this season he has got us to where we are with no signings in two windows and injuries galore that has wasted away our defence, midfield and attack this season.

I want him to stay forever, BUT we need to get him players he needs. Next two games are season defining IMO.

He's magic, doncha know ?

No signings.
Lots of injuries to key men.
Players and coaches all tired and a bit flat.
A series of bad results has got supporters a bit flat.
Hopefully 1 big push tonight and we will all be dancing and happy again.

First of all, I personally have full confidence in Poch. While he is in no way infallible and our pulling power is greater, I can't think of a single manager that would suit us better, and who's not already settled. I've seen too many false dawns than to think that a managerial switch would push us over the line. We have become regular contenders, not serious contenders, but contenders all the same. When seeing how Liverpool and City have performed over the season, I can't help but think that even if we had strengthened last summer, we wouldn't have been able to challenge for the title anyway this season. I mean, two teams on nearly 100 points, it's simply ridiculous. However we should and probably would have fared better in the cups, and wouldn't have had the level of exhaustion we have now.

That's his main fault (IMO), he doesn't rest key players as much as he should. It's just not the system, our intensity level has dropped significantly over the last seasons. I maintain that our fitness were at least on par with Liverpool's, if not even higher. But it isn't anymore, I waited for them to run out of steam last night but it didn't happen. So they either have a better physical setup or are better at rotating the squad. I cry a little inside when I see Harry Kane and Christian Eriksen starting against Local Pub Wanderers, as any squad player who can't perform adequately against League 1 sides should be loaned out or sold. Anyway, I don't think any other manager would have done better than Poch with the financial backing he's had, and I dread being in Man Utd's situation, searching without having the slightest cue what they're looking for.

If he says he's leaving tomorrow...Levy would sh.it the bed and so would most of us on here as the thought of what that actually meant sunk in.

It's wishful thinking that the grass is greener with someone else. Van Gaal, Mourinho, Emery, Sarri, Benitez all good managers but what Poch has done with the restrictions he has to work within is remarkable. Perhaps he might not be a 'next stage' manager but it would be stupid not to find out.

If we lose tonight (CL semi finalist) and finish fourth...it begs the question...'what are your expectations?'

On the eve of our biggest game since, like ever!, I don’t know why I feel so mute or down or why I’m thinking the way I do, yet I’m not hopeful tomorrow nor am I hopeful for the future with the majority of our current squad and indeed our manager.

I feel it’s important to say this now because I don’t want to be a coward and say it after the game tomorrow night. I’ve felt this way for a while and haven’t posted on here not wanting to be or spread negativity or negative vibes.

I hope I’m wrong and I hope to the football gods we can win tomorrow but in my heart I just don’t see it nor do I believe anymore.

To cut the rambling I feel like Pochettino has come to the end of his cycle and I feel we need to do a lot of ins and outs in the summer.

Pochettino talking about leaving if we win ucl has angered me in all honesty! Firstly, concentrate on the task in hand, secondly so you wouldn’t want to raise the bar and challenge city and Liverpool domestically after such a hypothetical triumph, see ya later then...

I’m grateful for all he’s done don’t get me wrong, I appreciate it might take a special kind of man to work with Levy, no signings in nearly two years isn’t great yet I just feel like he’s happy to be that guy working under constraints and taking the plaudits just for qualifying us for ucl...hopefully, yet I want to win, a desire expressed with knowledge of our place in world football and knowing how distracting Wembley, knackered players after wc has all been and of course a bad season of injuries.

Still he talks of winning meteorology but I feel like he is the problem now not the players because I feel he has let other job links inflate his ego and is happy to point out our difficulties and say I’ve got spurs in ucl 4 years running ain’t I great! No your not Poch, you’ve lost 13 league games which for this squad isn’t clever in my opinion.

Let’s be honest if we get UCL it’s because we have been incredibly fortunate that United and Goons have failed terribly!

These feelings started when you didn’t take the brave decision to strip Lloris of the captaincy when he let down the whole club and it’s fanbase, every one makes mistakes me included but you should have made Harry captain. Maintaining the status quo with Lloris was a huge mistake and sent completely the wrong message to our squad in terms of discipline.

Then your antics at the end of the Burnley game were downright ridiculous and embarrassing and not your usual character.

Calling our players heroes again was wrong even after losing at the Etihad to get the semi final, we lost and heroes are defined by lifting silverware.

Not to mention numerous big games where the set up and message to the players has been wrong! Biggest game of our lives against Ajax at new whl and we play 3 cb against a false no 9 meaning we got crucified in midfield, he was too slow to react and our players started the game like we were playing Watford, or West Brom!

For me the magic of Pochettino has gone and I wouldn’t feel at all sorry if he leaves us anytime soon, I don’t think he’s strong enough to fully change us into a winning meteorology as he lacks that final sprint to be that himself.

If we win tomorrow and somehow win the damn thing I’ll be the happiest man alive and I’d have no issues with any of you, pumping me this post until the end of days...

I’ve just lost faith in the man at the helm, perhaps at the most inopportune time...but I have....

I agree with some of your points but I'm more positive of the future with Poch, it's a good post and good to see your thoughts.

Still he talks of winning meteorology but I feel like he is the problem now not the players because I feel he has let other job links inflate his ego and is happy to point out our difficulties and say I’ve got spurs in ucl 4 years running ain’t I great! No your not Poch, you’ve lost 13 league games which for this squad isn’t clever in my opinion.

For me the magic of Pochettino has gone and I wouldn’t feel at all sorry if he leaves us anytime soon, I don’t think he’s strong enough to fully change us into a winning meteorology as he lacks that final sprint to be that himself.

You should be commended for communicating your thoughts knowing they are likely to be unpopular and nothing outrageous about what you've said at all. I dont believe we are lucky to be in the top 4, a 38 game season doesnt lie. For me its simply been a strange season, more players under par than before and Poch himself I'd say has more mistakes than in previous seasons - yet here we are top 4 practically guaranteed despite all the variables we've battled against this season and at the very least semi finalists of the CL. So we must be going in the right direction and doing something right. Keep the faith.....

Reading your posts over the last year or so OP it seems to me like you lost faith in him a while a go and this is the straw that broke the camels back.

Back