• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Contender Banks

I've got a Revolut card/app a year or two ago. It's alright, I mainly use it for work and travelling etc. As you can top up on the app in 2 seconds with one click from your main bank account then if you want to you can instantly convert to any of the different currencies at the current rates. For example I top up a few hundred quid, shift some to Euros, shift some to Polish as I travel their quite a bit*

I wouldn't say its replaced my main account yet though, I havent changed over fully to receiving my salary/invoices and paying all my bills from there just yet.

*I dont think you actually need to move currency around in the app, if you just have GBP and you spend abroad it still deducts as normal at the current exchange rates (I think!)

I use Monzo alongside a traditional bank.
Monzo for everyday spending and 0% foreign travel (remember that?!) transactions.
Their app is real time for transactions and really easy to use and assign spending to categories. Really good for financial tracking and analysis in app.
Really easy for sending and receiving money too.

I have a Monzo account and a joint one with the wife as well, joint one is used for day to day household spend but still use HSBC for my personal account on a daily basis. Amazing when abroad a 0% transaction fees and the exchange rate is often better than the daily rate. Great for sending third party payments as well - you don't need one of those card readers to authorise it, just put the pin in. Had loads more features like spending analysis. They also have savings pots - we use one and set it to use roundups so every transaction is rounded up to the nearest £ and the money goes into the pot - we use it for holiday spending money. Easy way to set aside a bit per month.

Do people still go into banks? Can’t remember the last time i did that, certainly over 10 years ago.
Yep... for Stamped statements for bloody lawyers
It’s painful that everything has modernised but the legal profession hasn’t

Instead of trying a contender bank I went for this service (free one for now) - https://emma-app.com/

I keep the high street stuff which I think I still need but this gives me all the cool analysis and budgeting and it makes a difference.

I’ve had a Revolut card for a few years now, it’s excellent. Honestly reckon I’ve saved thousands now. UBS charge(d) a non existent exchange rate WAY above what’s traded and a 1.5% exchange admin fee on top of that for each transaction, the robbing b@stards.

just weighing up whether to pay for the premium cards so you can take more cash out at ATM’s each month, but don’t think it’s worth it really with everyone taking card nowadays.

just weighing up whether to pay for the premium cards so you can take more cash out at ATM’s each month, but don’t think it’s worth it really with everyone taking card nowadays.
Incredible customer focused service from your local drug dealers. (that’s the only reason people still take large sums of cash out at the atm isn’t it?)

*honourable shout out to strippers and cash-in-hand tax dodging tradesmen of course.

Incredible customer focused service from your local drug dealers. (that’s the only reason people still take large sums of cash out at the atm isn’t it?)

*honourable shout out to strippers and cash-in-hand tax dodging tradesmen of course.

Just been to my local Tesco and the queue on payday for cash is funny as fudge. Drugs day

Back