• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Connor Wickham

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd much prefer keeping Kane, who I think is more technically adept and more intelligent (football-wise) than Wickham.

but they are different types of players so we could have both. Its not an either/or situation

Exactly the sort of signing we should be going for as an under the radar type one that will hopefully blossom. Looked good when he first broke onto the scene, then went very quiet for a couple of years before having a great last few months last season. 21 years of age, 6ft 3 tall, chance to develop at a bigger club over a 4-5 year contract where we should begin to see the best of him.

For me, well worth a £6m-£7m bid. I don't see how Sunderland can really turn it down if he won't sign.

Exactly the sort of signing we should be going for as an under the radar type one that will hopefully blossom. Looked good when he first broke onto the scene, then went very quiet for a couple of years before having a great last few months last season. 21 years of age, 6ft 3 tall, chance to develop at a bigger club over a 4-5 year contract where we should begin to see the best of him.

For me, well worth a £6m-£7m bid. I don't see how Sunderland can really turn it down if he won't sign.
Didn't he pick up a bad injury and missed a while with that?

interesting. do you know him?

Not at all. I base my opinion solely on limited views of his career (which has been destined to take of for some seasons), the general lack of excitement his name elicits among the top clubs, what my own eyes have seen of him and some reported incidents of 'nu-money' laddishness involving 10k bottles of plonk. I could absolutely be wrong given the very limited scope of half-knowledge I'm basing my instinctual feeling on - he might be the next Ibrahimovic! - but I doubt it. Happy to be proven wrong...

So what if he spent £17.5k on a bottle of champers if he is on £75k a week its no different to somebody on £1k a week spending £300 on one

So what if he spent £17.5k on a bottle of champers if he is on £75k a week its no different to somebody on £1k a week spending £300 on one

If he's on 75k a week at Sunderland, there's no way we're getting him. That's just 25k less than Ade apparently makes.

I agree with the general point that his purchasing habits shouldn't determine his footballing and human intelligence. But, and this seems key...I've watched the video embedded above and it seems like four or five goals looped three times each, and most of them looking like either tap ins or close-range finishes. Kane's showed more than that playing for us, quite a bit more. How is he 'better in every way' than Harry?

exactly - the sign of a macaron

He's only a kid, with more money than he knows what to do with. I've known people inherit a few grand and go mental with it, just because they were young at the time and didn't know any better.

The money is obscene of course, but it's not like any of us would turn it down. And how many of us, if we were aged between 17-21, would go a bit silly with the money when it's coming in at the rate of £50k+ every week? I wouldn't judge him for doing a few silly things at a young age -- as far as I know, he hasn't hurt anybody or done anything REALLY bad, just acted like a bit of a ***.

I'd much prefer keeping Kane, who I think is more technically adept and more intelligent (football-wise) than Wickham.
Funny you say that because I always think Kane thinks a bit too much. He's a bit 'huff and puff' for me. That said, not a massive fan of Wickham.

If anyone fancies meeting up on Hampstead Heath tonight, just give me the old "already seen" password.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back