• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Competition time. Guess 7 squad incomings and outgoings

And one Jan purchase, with an eye for the following season, is an example of large spending mid season to correct a poor summer effort?

The only time that springs to mind was Redknapps first window. Before/after our Januarys have been occasional buys at best.

I agree that there are unlikely to be 7 in and 7 out, that is why I invited guesses up to a maximum of 7 both ways. Therefore a total of 28 points available for 14 correct guesses. Those that leave it below that number are only foregoing points. No point trying to be clever. That's why it's a game !!!!!

And one Jan purchase, with an eye for the following season, is an example of large spending mid season to correct a poor summer effort?

The only time that springs to mind was Redknapps first window. Before/after our Januarys have been occasional buys at best.

Only desperate clubs do business in January. It's a sign of how competent we've become that we don't need to bother with it.

Right, so I suspect youve jumped in here and kind of missed the point, what you responded to was in response to this:

its a world cup year and a shortened transfer window - i think we will struggle with levy time losing effectiveness. i expect us to come up short and try to make up for it expensively mid season.

out:

Alderweireld
Llorente
Vorm
Janssen
N'Koudou
Carter-Vickers
Edwards

in:
Puig
Maddison
De Ligt
Glen Johnson (we need more right backs, like the old days)
Bale
Mawson
N'Zonzi

That just PR. When he's clearly 6th choice come late July, he'll suddenly be desperate to move to a championship club.

He's just so immobile, I can't ever see him making it in the EPL. I think he's only still here now because we lost his more promising youth team partner (Veljkovic)

Guesses

Out: Alderweireld, Rose, Dembele, Janssen (loan), Llorente, GKN
In: De Ligt, Diawara from Napoli, Sessegnon, one of Martial/Malcom

Torres in for llorente ? As a second striker, has to be an over the hill or young understudy - can't see a top player want to join (ego and money)

Read so much we are after the following, wonder if we will get any of them :
sessegnon
de ligt
pulisic - didn't realise he we is still so young
zaha
BALE
Martial

wonder if any club will pay what we ask, or how low we will accept bids for them, how many will still be with us by windows close :
mousa, janssen, llorente, toby, sissoko, GKN

The only certain outgoing at the moment for me is Alderweireld, although I think Janssen, Llorente and GKN will most likely be offloaded as well. Incomings, I've got no idea. We almost certainly have zero chance of Sessegnon now Fulham are up, and I wouldn't be surprised if none of the other names that have been linked end up here either. Bale will be too expensive and far too rich for Levy's blood; I don't think Man U will let us get Martial (they will resist it to the last even if they sign TA, IMO, although that may come down to Levy's negotiating tactics). De Ligt will go to City if they want him but he could be a good shout otherwise; Zaha is a possibility but I don't think we'll want to pay Palace's asking price and I could see that turning into another standoff like the Berahino thing. Pulisic, well, maybe ... Oh, I don't know. Probably a couple out of left field.

Alderweireld
Wanyama
Dembele
Janssen
Llorente
N'koudou
Vorm

De ligt
Gomez (the CM from Barca)
Modric
Bale
Martial
Sessegnon (back out on loan)
Maddison

Don't expect all those signings but hopefully will rack up some points by getting a couple at least

Back