• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Comparisons with "rivals" in the last 9 years

Bullet

Luka Modric
First, a comparison of positions vs our "rivals" over the last 9 years

Sometimes we finish ahead of City
Sometimes we finish ahead of United
Sometimes we finish ahead of Cheats
We always finish ahead of Liverpool
Arse are on a downward trend
West Ham are really, really brick

Premier League Positions TH vs MNC
Premier League Positions TH vs MNU
Premier League Positions TH vs CHE

Next, a comparison of points vs our "rivals" over the last 9 years

Sometimes we finish ahead of City
Sometimes we finish ahead of United
Sometimes we finish ahead of Cheats
We always finish ahead of Liverpool
Arse are on a downward trend
West Ham are really, really brick

City's tally of 100 point this year is truly impressive
Leicester are brick. Just look at that points total dammit

Premier League Points TH vs MNC Premier League Points TH vs MNU Premier League Points TH vs CHE

Maybe the wrong thread but I was shooting the breeze with another coach I know, a Liverpool fan, about how Spurs have finished above Liverpool 8 times in the last 9 years. He says to me.... " No, no that did't happen. Not true". So I corrected him and said 'Yes, yes that happened. It is true". He says - "How? No. No way. No fudging way! No. Total bollox".
Denial.

Last edited:
Maybe the wrong thread but I was shooting the breeze with another coach I know, a Liverpool fan, about how Spurs have finished above Liverpool 8 times in the last 9 years. He says to me.... " No, no that did't happen. Not true". So I corrected him him and said 'Yes, yes that happened. It is true". He says - "How? No. No way. No fudging way! No. Total bollox".
Denial.
My brother is a Liverpool fan and he is exactly the same. That was one of my motivations for doing this, to prove it to him.

Scousers are SO deluded about their place in the scheme of things, still living in the Shankley/Paisley/Dalglish years

My brother is a Liverpool fan and he is exactly the same. That was one of my motivations for doing this, to prove it to him.

Scousers are SO deluded about their place in the scheme of things, still living in the Shankley/Paisley/Dalglish years
Mind you they might win the CL and shut us all up

Do you think there's anything to be said for our smooth curves? I feel like the other teams are a lot more up/down, hot/cold and less consistent.

Really being spoiled with graphs lately

Liking the points comparison with the scum, when was the last time they were so far in front of us? Must have been when they were winning the league. Think we've probably been better than them at a good few points over that period just had some kind of mental block and couldn't get over the line, now the monkeys off our back we have really taken off in front of them - hopefully a good while before they get back close to us.

Maybe the wrong thread but I was shooting the breeze with another coach I know, a Liverpool fan, about how Spurs have finished above Liverpool 8 times in the last 9 years. He says to me.... " No, no that did't happen. Not true". So I corrected him him and said 'Yes, yes that happened. It is true". He says - "How? No. No way. No fudging way! No. Total bollox".
Denial.

Its becoming increasingly obvious we are a ninja team, unseen, unheard, not noticed...

Our success flies almost completely under the radar, until people simply dont accept it like this. Its so stealthy, it just doesnt register!

Graphs are interesting, another view (Bold is when the club finished above Spurs), took first Spurs CL qualification year as starting date.

Spurs - 4th, 5th, 4th, 5th, 6th, 5th, 3rd, 2nd, 3rd (lowest 6th, highest 2nd) - 4 (should be 5 but Chelsea win) CL appearances
Scum - 3rd, 4th, 3rd, 4th, 4th, 3rd, 2nd, 5th, 6th (7 out of 9, lowest 6th, highest 2nd) - 6 CL appearances
Pool - 2nd, 7th, 8th, 7th, 2nd, 7th, 6th, 8th, 4th (2 out of 9, lowest 8th, highest 2nd) - 3 CL appearances
Manu - 2nd, 1st, 2nd, 1st, 7th, 4th, 5th, 6th, 2nd (5 out of 9, lowest 7th, highest 1st) - 7 CL appearances
Chel - 1st, 2nd, 6th, 3rd, 3rd, 1st, 10th, 1st, 5th (6 out of 9, lowest 10th, highest 1st) - 7 CL appearances

To quote @nayimfromthehalfwayline we are obviously under the radar, compared to the classic top 4
- We have been clearly ahead of Pool
- Closing on Scum & Chelsea

Last edited:
Graphs are interesting, another view (Bold is when the club finished above Spurs), took first Spurs CL qualification year as starting date.

Spurs - 4th, 5th, 4th, 5th, 6th, 5th, 3rd, 2nd, 3rd (lowest 6th, highest 2nd) - 4 (should be 5 but Chelsea win) CL appearances
Scum - 3rd, 4th, 3rd, 4th, 4th, 3rd, 2nd, 5th, 6th (7 out of 9, lowest 6th, highest 2nd) - 6 CL appearances
Pool - 2nd, 7th, 8th, 7th, 2nd, 7th, 6th, 8th, 4th (2 out of 9, lowest 8th, highest 2nd) - 3 CL appearances
Manu - 2nd, 1st, 2nd, 1st, 7th, 4th, 5th, 6th, 2nd (6 out of 9, lowest 7th, highest 1st) - 8 CL appearances
Chel - 1st, 2nd, 6th, 3rd, 3rd, 1st, 10th, 1st, 5th (6 out of 9, lowest 10th, highest 1st) - 7 CL appearances

To quote @nayimfromthehalfwayline we are obviously under the radar, compared to the classic top 4
- We have been clearly ahead of Pool
- Closing on Scum & Chelsea
Got one wrong with united there. They didn't finish above us when they finished 7th (is that even correct?)

Back