• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Comparing age and experience to our competition

Age is irrelevant imo if you have the ability

We have players with the ability ago now need th experience

What I like about the age thing is the energy that the younger players bring

For our team to develop further we need an injection of experience. Youth & potential provide the foundation for possible future success, if we can keep the unit together, if we can add experience that future may arrive that much sooner.

If, and I think it's a big if, we have to bring in experince that is better take have have but more importantly people who don't have an ego

If, and I think it's a big if, we have to bring in experince that is better take have have but more importantly people who don't have an ego

If players, with the right ability, have a big ego then it's unlikely they would want to join us to be anything but a stepping stone. Unless we're happy with that, then those players would be the wrong players anyhow.

Multiple things.
You cant pick 7 random players from each team and pretend you are doing anything statistical.
Another 3 seasons? When do our players ever stay for 4 seasons at the club?

If its down to experience why was Vertonghen so brick today. Why is Kane the one dragging us to a top 6 finish?
Why have the likes of Soldado, Adebayor, Kaboul and Lennon not performed?

That is true on an individual level. If you look at the teams that have won titles throughout the years in any competition I think you'll find that age matters simply because it is so connected to experience.

Nothing to do with money?
Teams thats pay the highest wages have statistically won the most.
The likes of Bayern, Real and Barcelona are dominating now because they have first dibs on the players they want.

You can win things with kids, but, when Manchester United won the title in 'that' season, it wasn't just the kids that won it, it was the experienced heads in amongst them.

That is true on an individual level. If you look at the teams that have won titles throughout the years in any competition I think you'll find that age matters simply because it is so connected to experience.

I agree with your logic but I meant it more that if your good enough, your old enough

Multiple things.
You cant pick 7 random players from each team and pretend you are doing anything statistical.

If its down to experience why was Vertonghen so crud today. Why is Kane the one dragging us to a top 6 finish?

Wow... Strong counter argument

Multiple things.

If its down to experience why was Vertonghen so crud today. Why is Kane the one dragging us to a top 6 finish?

7 is a wrong pool side, but the point is still valid. Youth can give you energy/pace/workrate, but often trade that for consistency.

I made the point in summer and in January that we could do with a quality experienced head. We need quality experience (1 or 2, not more), the classic Davids/Naybet type influence we have seen work very well for us before.

I have selected seven players from each club excluding Southampton (mostly because I still don't have faith in them being in the mix for more than one season - prove me wrong Koeman), representing the spine of each team.

I suggest you read some literature about observer and selection bias...

Multiple things.

You complain about how someone else uses statistics. Then you ask why a couple of individual cases do not confirm to the proposed correlation? And you do this presumably wanting to be taken seriously?

I agree though, to be more valid the sampling here should have been better. Can't be bothered doing it myself either, but I think the results would be fairly similar. We've had the youngest starting 11 several times this season and we have many inexperienced players in our regular starting line up.

If players, with the right ability, have a big ego then it's unlikely they would want to join us to be anything but a stepping stone. Unless we're happy with that, then those players would be the wrong players anyhow.
If we manage to reach the Scum's consistency, there is no reason why players would look at us as a stepping stone. With Poch I think we might just achieve that in a season or two. After that it's just a matter of sustaining, which would be easier, since we'll be regarded in the same light as the Scum and not have such a hard time attracting the quality players we want. It's like the old adage "it's easier to make money when you have money."

Back