• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Clinton Njie

If he's doing outdoor work then I'd expect him to be on the bench after the international break. Thats 3.5 weeks away.

Him and Vertonghen back for the start of April would be such a boost, just purely for the extra options whenever the squad tires

Him and Vertonghen back for the start of April would be such a boost, just purely for the extra options whenever the squad tires

I don't see Clinton getting too much playing time before the season is out unless others get injured. In terms of freshness I'd say Chadli and Son should be fairly fresh and both ahead of Clinton.

One thing though, the boy presses and closes down like a demon. Look forward to seeing that again. (Last game v Monaco was great)

Is Njie ever going to be injury-free to play for us ? It is really disappointing that he has been out injured so long. With Alli out suspended, we can really do with Njie back in the team.

Conflicting reports in the other thread saying that the hold up is down to Marseille wanting a replacement and N'jie wanting to stay and fight for his place at Spurs.

Rightio, so Marseille are offering far less wages than he is on at Spurs, so he wants to stay and 'fight' for his place at Spurs

I'm sure he will fight hard:rolleyes:

Last season he was playing for the 2nd best team in France. Why would he accept a move to the side that came 13th (so Watford equivalent) and have sold most of their good players?

Simon Johnson ‏@sjstandardsport 2m2 minutes ago
Could Clinton N'Jie be off to Marseille on loan? I'm hearing he has travelled to France #THFC

It would make sense. Shame not to see N'Jie settle but with the number of players fighting for his position, he needs regular football. Same applies for some of our younger midfield - Bentaleb and Mason need weekly first team football to settle and progress.

Last edited:
Could explain our interest in that Nkoudou, if Njie is not happy/settled. A like-for-like direct replacement
Personally i think N'jie was brought to be Kanes backup, but we now prefered Vincent (not as known when we bought N'jie). They are not like for like in any stretch of the imagination however, N'jie is an on the shoulder striker, dribbling skills not too great and not known for his crossing unlike Nkondou. Not sure how you can call them like for like tbh.

Personally i think N'jie was brought to be Kanes backup, but we now prefered Vincent (not as known when we bought N'jie). They are not like for like in any stretch of the imagination however, N'jie is an on the shoulder striker, dribbling skills not too great and not known for his crossing unlike Nkondou. Not sure how you can call them like for like tbh.

I like the rational however going by scouting reports, Nkondu seems like he struggles with crossing and his first touch. Both points would counter that theory.

Unless Poch thinks he can work with him, possibly to be an inside forward perhaps, giving us an option trying to hit teams on the break.

I doubt his current skill set will deem him affective vs teams that sit deep where clever quick intricate play would be a must around the box.

I'm all open though, scouting reports have often been wrong.

Someone mentioned that he is a younger sterling. Sterling frustrates the life out of me because he has not seemed to have worked harder on his basics.

Rodgers coached him into his best season under his tenure and to be fair Poch is a far superior player coach, so I am optimistic.

Just in terms of both being young, pacy WFs.

Back