• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Clinton N'Jie

L'Equipe now saying that Ar5ena1 did come in, but they were too late:

http://www.lequipe.fr/Football/Actu...on-njie-qui-devait-signer-a-tottenham/582032?

Arsenal interested in Clinton Njie , who had to sign Tottenham

The expected transfer Clinton Njie (21 years ) in Tottenham Friday saw a funny twist. After an agreement between Lyon and the London club earlier this week around a transfer fee of 14 million euros (+ bonus 3 million euros ) , the Cameroon striker is yet ready to commit for five years with the Spurs after fulfilling the second part of his medical. But Arsenal came revive this dossier.

If the Gunners have not yet issued any offer, they began to take information from leaders Lyon who now waiting to see if this contact will be followed by an escalation ...

I don't understand much French, but it doesn't really say they were too late in there, does it?

Ar5ena1 interested in Clinton Njie , who had to sign Tottenham

The expected transfer Clinton Njie (21 years ) in Tottenham Friday saw a funny twist. After an agreement between Lyon and the London club earlier this week around a transfer fee of 14 million euros (+ bonus 3 million euros ) , the Cameroon striker is yet ready to commit for five years with the Spurs after fulfilling the second part of his medical. But Ar5ena1 came revive this dossier.

If the Gunners have not yet issued any offer, they began to take information from leaders Lyon who now waiting to see if this contact will be followed by an escalation ...

I don't understand much French, but it doesn't really say they were too late in there, does it?

I read the headline as "who had signed to Tottenham"?

If Bolasie was at Lyon last season and Njie as at Palace, people would be wanting Bolasie. It's the nature of the beast, people seem to be more excited about the unknown.

I would be delighted with Bolasie, already shown improvement in a hard league and could be so much more under Poch....and proven across those front 3 positions behind Kane.

I don't think so, N'jie has a far superior goal ratio/assist ratio for starters and is 5 years younger. Bolasie is the ultimate MOTD show pony imho looks cool mugging someone off with a fancy bit of skill but that's not much use when it rarely leads to anything productive. Yarmalenko looks like he can combine skills with goals and creativity, and so looks a better option by far

Last edited:
I don't think so, N'jie has a far superior goal ratio/assist ratio for starters and is 5 years younger. Bolasie is the ultimate MOTD show pony imho
I don't buy this thing that Boalsie is just a MOTD highlights player. I've watched enough live Palace games to see him constantly threaten and trouble defenders and that gives more space to the rest of the team, something which helps the rest of the team yet can't be quantified with stats...

As for Nije I still think we will sign him. I'm pretty sure we've had quite a few of these last minute rumours of deals being hijacked yet they always seem to end up signing and it being a lot of nonsense. Willian excluded of course....

I don't buy this thing that Boalsie is just a MOTD highlights player. I've watched enough live Palace games to see him constantly threaten and trouble defenders and that gives more space to the rest of the team, something which helps the rest of the team yet can't be quantified with stats...

We can't carry another unproductive wide forward as far as I'm concerned, we need goals and creativity, something he doesn't offer

As for Nije I still think we will sign him. I'm pretty sure we've had quite a few of these last minute rumours of deals being hijacked yet they always seem to end up signing and it being a lot of nonsense. Willian excluded of course....

I know what you mean.

A lot of knicker-wetting on Twitter accusing Levy of all sorts of nonsense - things being a disgrace, unforgivable, disgusted etc - if "we've" messed this up by taking too long, when in reality no-one knows what's happening yet everything gets laid at Levy's door every time. Must be fun, thinking the worst of people all the time.

A sad aspect of the attitude of some of the modern, entitled fans, fuelled no doubt by the incessant nature of the web and 24 hour rolling sports 'news'.

What makes him a creative player then?
I don't have any scientific explanations - he beats players, constantly has two defenders occupying him, makes things happen,simple as that. We need someone with that X factor, offers something different, we have your Eriksens and Chadlis who will have nice productive stats when it comes to goals scored and assists but there are a lot of games where we look predictable and this guy would help send panic through the oppositions defence and open it up, he is certainly not one paced like a lot of our players....

110% this is revenge from Lyon's president. But hopefully Levy will give him some small concession to just get the transfer through. Make him feel like he's the man.

I know what you mean.

A lot of knicker-wetting on Twitter accusing Levy of all sorts of nonsense - things being a disgrace, unforgivable, disgusted etc - if "we've" messed this up by taking too long, when in reality no-one knows what's happening yet everything gets laid at Levy's door every time. Must be fun, thinking the worst of people all the time.

A sad aspect of the attitude of some of the modern, entitled fans, fuelled no doubt by the incessant nature of the web and 24 hour rolling sports 'news'.
Yeah massive part is Twitter where any random can post something that starts as a harmless Nonsense rumour and ends up blown out of all proportion. You just have no idea who to believe anymore,except the official sources...

A little more info from the English Lyon Twitter.
https://twitter.com/olnews_eng

Last thing they said about the N'Jie transfer was this;
Meanwhile, Clinton #Njie has successfully completed his medical with #THFC.

Also, this (ref. the Le Equipe article posted by Gutter Boy);
#AFC have not made an offer yet, says l'Equipe. Only contacted OL. Could make one soon. #THFC #Njie #COYS
Arsenal could make an offer soon? Medical completed,I would have thought if anyone else seriously wanted him they would have done this a while ago. Our interest in him has been well documented for some time, Arsenal certainly would have been aware and done something about it before now....

how did the world survive without teletext!!!

Anyone can create an account and anyone can post anything as long as its 160 characters or less and people believe it's the gospel

It's even better if you have an official looking fake name and badge in your profile

Personally, if we now get him I would be reassured by comments of the Arse's interest in him. Wenger doesn't make too many mistakes in his judgement of talent ( unfortunately).

Back