• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Climate Change

This line from a newsletter I get has stunned me. "A vast new study finds there are 70 percent fewer wild animals sharing the earth with us than there were in 1970. "

This line from a newsletter I get has stunned me. "A vast new study finds there are 70 percent fewer wild animals sharing the earth with us than there were in 1970. "

that really is disgusting. It’s not just about renewables though it’s about seeing equal value in beings which are not human.

we are devouring what we need to survive as a species. Our hubris will lead to our own extinction and then maybe the earth and all within it will heal.

hopefully spurs will win the league before then.

that really is disgusting. It’s not just about renewables though it’s about seeing equal value in beings which are not human.

we are devouring what we need to survive as a species. Our hubris will lead to our own extinction and then maybe the earth and all within it will heal.

hopefully spurs will win the league before then.

It isn't hubris, it is greed. Companies like exxon have known for decades the damage they are causing but have spent billions on politicians and misinformation just so that they can make money longer. It's sickening.

We should be doing much more to stop climate change but we won’t let’s be honest. We will use up the resources we have until they’re gone and have to start adapting. I’m 38 so I fall into the millennial bracket, my generation and Gen Z love bitcoin and cryptocurrency in general which is horrible for the environment. I don’t think a lot of them actually know how bad it is. I read somewhere that the mining for one transaction uses the same amount of energy as it takes the power a home in the United States for 50 days! Greta Thunberg has 14 million followers on Instagram. Kylie Jenner has over 370 million. If there were any sense those numbers would be reversed and Greta would have 370 million. Kylie Jenner is always getting on private planes and is materialistic as it gets, so the complete opposite of Greta.

I think if countries like USA and the big European countries led then countries like India and China would follow. What’s the point of winning the economic race if you can’t breathe?

It's the rate of the species decline. (An average of, across species) , not the amount of animals on earth, to be clear

Still alarming and a warning sign.

We should be doing much more to stop climate change but we won’t let’s be honest. We will use up the resources we have until they’re gone and have to start adapting. I’m 38 so I fall into the millennial bracket, my generation and Gen Z love bitcoin and cryptocurrency in general which is horrible for the environment. I don’t think a lot of them actually know how bad it is. I read somewhere that the mining for one transaction uses the same amount of energy as it takes the power a home in the United States for 50 days! Greta Thunberg has 14 million followers on Instagram. Kylie Jenner has over 370 million. If there were any sense those numbers would be reversed and Greta would have 370 million. Kylie Jenner is always getting on private planes and is materialistic as it gets, so the complete opposite of Greta.

I think if countries like USA and the big European countries led then countries like India and China would follow. What’s the point of winning the economic race if you can’t breathe?

Humans are a fickle bunch which means nothing will ever truly be done, being cynical people only really care about things until it interferes with their interests and then it becomes alot more of a grey area and you hear excuses.

Humans are a fickle bunch which means nothing will ever truly be done, being cynical people only really care about things until it interferes with their interests and then it becomes alot more of a grey area and you hear excuses.

We are changing over though. Maybe not as fast as some would like but it is happening. It will only get faster, because it is becomming more economical. Texas has more wind energy than any other state in the us, because it is cheaper. Energy storage is the main cost now not producing energy. But huge amounts are being invested to find cheaper ways t do it and the cost is coming down.

We are changing over though. Maybe not as fast as some would like but it is happening. It will only get faster, because it is becomming more economical. Texas has more wind energy than any other state in the us, because it is cheaper. Energy storage is the main cost now not producing energy. But huge amounts are being invested to find cheaper ways t do it and the cost is coming down.

It's when people have to start making choices that affect their interests and preferences when it will hit the buffers. Asking people to change their eating habits, consumer choices and lifestyle choices

It's when people have to start making choices that affect their interests and preferences when it will hit the buffers. Asking people to change their eating habits, consumer choices and lifestyle choices

They shouldn't have to if done right. If it wasn't for africa and india the worlds population would be declining. If we can get women educated and careers in those countries then the population will come down.
If governments increased standards on goods so we got out of this built to fail gonad*s goods would last longer without needing replacing.
Green hydrogen could replace jet fuel. Meaning people could still have holidays in spain.

It takes time though.

I’ll admit I still consume too much meat. I’ve tried to cut down which I have to some degree but I need to eat less. I’ve tried lots of meat free alternatives to burgers, chicken etc. Some of it is genuinely tasty but some of it just isn’t. I think everyone could do their bit by cutting down. I seldom buy read meat anymore but I do enjoy a steak in a nice restaurant. Other than that, I only eat red meat at BBQ’s when at home.

There are certain things that first world countries could do that would help. Like for example PL clubs could lead the way by not flying everywhere when playing domestic fixtures. Absolutely no need to charter a flight from London to Bournemouth or Brighton. France banned all domestic flights under 2 hours. That’s a reasonable measure that others could follow.

Nothing will change until the people who make money out of the problem find an alternative which is cheaper to produce/supply for them and retain the same level or greater profit without effecting their current position.

Last edited:
I’ll admit I still consume too much meat. I’ve tried to cut down which I have to some degree but I need to eat less. I’ve tried lots of meat free alternatives to burgers, chicken etc. Some of it is genuinely tasty but some of it just isn’t. I think everyone could do their bit by cutting down. I seldom buy read meat anymore but I do enjoy a steak in a nice restaurant. Other than that, I only eat red meat at BBQ’s when at home.

There are certain things that first world countries could do that would help. Like for example PL clubs could lead the way by not flying everywhere when playing domestic fixtures. Absolutely no need to charter a flight from London to Bournemouth or Brighton. France banned all domestic flights under 2 hours. That’s a reasonable measure that others could follow.

Do you know who came up with the idea of measuring your carbon footprint? BP. The idea being to shift the focus onto the consumer rather than on the producer.

Back