• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Clement Lenglet

I knew nothing about this chap but having done a bit of research it appears that his arrival at braca was cause for much celebration and optimism amongst their fanbase.

He lived up to the hype initially but seems that he has since been castigated for a few errors, with one against cadiz having been particularly highlighted.

Having watched a few videos, the boy has clearly got talent. Lovely feet, great passing range and a calmness under pressure.

I guess Conte is backing himself to coach confidence and discipline back into his game. If he manages it then we've potentially added immense quality to a relatively niche position in Conte's system. And most likely at a knockdown price too (I'm assuming the loan deal will come with an option to buy at a relative knock down price).

So overall, a mitigated risk but potentially a very high up side. Looking forward to seeing him play.

I knew nothing about this chap but having done a bit of research it appears that his arrival at braca was cause for much celebration and optimism amongst their fanbase.

He lived up to the hype initially but seems that he has since been castigated for a few errors, with one against cadiz having been particularly highlighted.

Having watched a few videos, the boy has clearly got talent. Lovely feet, great passing range and a calmness under pressure.

I guess Conte is backing himself to coach confidence and discipline back into his game. If he manages it then we've potentially added immense quality to a relatively niche position in Conte's system. And most likely at a knockdown price too (I'm assuming the loan deal will come with an option to buy at a relative knock down price).

So overall, a mitigated risk but potentially a very high up side. Looking forward to seeing him play.
I probably haven't done as much research as you but you've summed up my impression of him at Barca, his confidence got knocked and he's never really recovered.
But we have Conte and look what he's already done for Dier, Davies and even Sanchez the last few games of the season. Langlet hasn't lost his passing range and I think this is another very smart deal.
How nice to have so much joined up thinking going on at the club.

Our defence, mostly made up of the same players looked like calamitous shambles under Mourinho so i think Conte has shown what good coaching can achieve so if Lenglet has the raw tools but is just suffering from an extended bout of brainfartitus then he could be turned round like Dier & Davies have (and to a lesser extent Sanchez, Doherty & Sessegnon)

I probably haven't done as much research as you but you've summed up my impression of him at Barca, his confidence got knocked and he's never really recovered.
But we have Conte and look what he's already done for Dier, Davies and even Sanchez the last few games of the season. Langlet hasn't lost his passing range and I think this is another very smart deal.
How nice to have so much joined up thinking going on at the club.
Yep. I think that's the main thing here. There actually looks to be some logic and rationale at play behind his signing, rather than it being an opportunistic hit and hope type deal.

Yep I approve this signing.

So just need a rwb now which will be spence or another if gibson continues to hike the price to us over other clubs.

Then we are largely done with the possibility remaining of picking up another central defender and or attacking midfielder if the right options open up i.e. bastoni/bremer/torres and paqueta/eriksen.

Another player very unlikely to be going to the World Cup, which is a real bonus for next season

Yes, could almost put out a decent team without players going to the world cup:

Forster

Spence
Sanchez
Dier
Lenglet
Sessegnon

Bissouma
Skipp

Kulu
Moura
?????

I'm pretty sure Dier will go in the end. He's England's best cb by a mile, Southgate can't ignore that for another 4 months

Not sure about that. Hasn't played for England for 18 months and don't think he's been in many squads in that period either

£10m is very low risk. No way even if he hits the ground running, we sign then he does Lo Celso, that we should lose money on him.

It's his wages that are the real cost right. Probably a similar amount pa as the transfer fee.

Back