• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Clement Lenglet

That is the main reason why I am still on the fence regarding Lenglet, even though Conte likes him. In the second half of last season, our three-man defence was particularly good at defending. In spite of the odd long ball from Dier, and the eagerness to join the attack when possible from Davies and Romero, they did not contribute a whole lot in terms of creativeness. I don't mind that, in fact I would like them to focus on defending primarily. The creativity has to come from the wing backs and from central midfield if possible. The signing of Perisic makes perfect sense in that respect - and is also the most exciting of our four signings so far in my view. The same could be said for Bissouma, although I remain to be convinced of his added value. But for the CBs, whether CCB or LCB, I would like them to be solid first and foremost. Here, in other words, Lenglet has to really prove that he is good enough for a top-4 side in the PL. Bastoni, Bremer, and Pau Torres look safer bets to me.

The first part is probably why we seem willing to countenance waiting a year to get one of those names listed and use Lenglet in the meantime.

The first part is probably why we seem willing to countenance waiting a year to get one of those names listed and use Lenglet in the meantime.
I still have some hope that we will land one of those three this summer to make the most of making the Top-4 this year.

Spanish media mostly, Marca etc, Mirror picked it up from them, credible? no but that wasn't my point.

Agreed, seems it's going to be sorted today, I've changed my stance on this signing, think it will be a decent addition and if Conte wants him in I'm down.

My point is that it's less of a guessing game for us if we know which sources are more reliable.

For journalists willing to report whetever gets thrown their way to get some clicks it is kind of a guessing game, hardly even that at times.

I still have some hope that we will land one of those three this summer to make the most of making the Top-4 this year.
Yes, that'd be ideal to strongly upgrade the starting back 3 and also the reserve options (though not as sold on Torres)

Think him and reg will be sold. We are well over the 17 non hg limit (22). So have to get rid of some. We can do it without selling emerson or reg but not if we bring in any more. Also means gil and sarr will have to be loaned.

Could be:
Lenglet and Spence in
Bergwijn, Reguilon, Lo Celso, Ndombele, Rodon, Sarr out
Royal and Gil stay

But obviously Conte might prefer to shift Royal and bring in a new, more natural CB anyway.

Back