• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Clement Lenglet

NaijaSpurs

Rafael Van Der Vaart
Every few days I read about us in talks with Barcelona regarding a loan for Lenglet. The thought of us signing him makes me want to vomit in my mouth. I hope it is just idle speculation as he is a truly horrifically poor player, a downgrade on any of the centre backs we have.

Had never heard of him till this window - but when reading about him it sounds like he was a highly rated/performing player before Xavi came in at Barca?

Every few days I read about us in talks with Barcelona regarding a loan for Lenglet. The thought of us signing him makes me want to vomit in my mouth. I hope it is just idle speculation as he is a truly horrifically poor player, a downgrade on any of the centre backs we have.

I think I remember reading something about him being offered around by Barca as they have no use for him. Also seen some stuff about Mendes trying to do deals and he's not even the guy's agent. Doesn't seem to be much genuine interest in him anywhere .

Can't say that I've ever been impressed by him at all.

There's a substantial gap between Bastoni or Pau Torres and Lenglet in my view. If we cant land Bastoni or Torres, there have to be LCBs who are better than Lenglet.

Feels like a Aug 31st desperation signing, not June

Can't say that I've ever been impressed by him at all.

There's a substantial gap between Bastoni or Pau Torres and Lenglet in my view. If we cant land Bastoni or Torres, there have to be LCBs who are better than Lenglet.

Feels like a Aug 31st desperation signing, not June

There is a substantial gap between Sanchez or Rodon and Lenglet

There is a substantial gap between Sanchez or Rodon and Lenglet
[/MEDIA]

That I agree with. Its depends on whether you think:

- Lenglet is coming in as a first choice CB ie to replace Davies
- Lenglet comes in as a back-up CB so in addition to Bastoni, Torres etc

Weak as a CB. Good footballer, not much of a CB imo. I'm amazed he isn't played as a DM, as I think that would suit him better. Reads the game well, but doesn't really play like a proper CB.

Back