• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

CL Round of 16 Draw: Dortmund

Status
Not open for further replies.

Charlie

Radek Cerny
CL Group Draw: Spurs, Barcelona, PSV, Inter

Second consecutive CL group of death in a row. COYS.

It just dawned on me...I'm not afraid of Barca.

I have no illusion we'll beat them with ease, they will be bloody hard games and it is fully possible we'll lose both of them, but the fact that drawing Barca didn't make me feel defeated already, speaks volumes of how far we've come as a club.

I remember back in 2010 when - shock horror - we were facing the European giants Inter and, ehem, Werder Bremen. Inter were champions of course, but even the thought of playing Werder was in a way terrifying. I remember feeling deflated after "tough" draws in the Europa League. Sevilla were a good team of course, but that was then, and now I'm just not scared anymore.

I don't know how this happened, but I suspect it's to do with Poch and the never give up winning m.entality he's instilled in the club. Somehow that m.entality has also transformed me, a chronically nevrotic and pessimistic fan, into a guy who actually look forward to Spurs meeting Barca in the CL with no fear whatsoever.

I'm sure I'll be a trembling wreck during both games as usual, but for now...I'm just looking forward to them!

Last edited:
I need TP for my bunghole.

Come On!

untitled-1517.gif

Get in! Dont want to put all that effort in to getting top 4 only to get a brick group. CL is a bonus and happy to test againt Barca et al. More experience as whats the point of playing weaker teams? This is the worlds premier club competition and it should be made of the best teams

Get in! Dont want to put all that effort in to getting top 4 only to get a brick group. CL is a bonus and happy to test againt Barca et al. More experience as whats the point of playing weaker teams? This is the worlds premier club competition and it should be made of the best teams

I'd rather have a big team, as a test, and two weak teams - good blend between glamour and a chance to pick up more uefa points to help our seedings, and also given the financial benefits from winning games and qualifying for the knock-out games

Barcelona are not what they once were. If we could top last years group we can top this one too. COYS

I agree that they're not as good as when they had Neymar - there's at least one member of the front 3 which is manageable! Plus I think we'll be able to get at their defence. That said, its really the Inter games which will decide things - take 4 points off them and we're sorted

At least we can go head to head with Barca knowing that there's still a chance to qualify if not all goes to plan.

Great to get the other Spanish giant this year....all part of the learning curve.

Close to tears with this draw. Follow Barca as much as Spurs (but there will be no divided loyalties for this). Inter are my favourite Italian team. Ajax would have completed the set but I'll settle for this. Absolutely bouncing. FVCKIN I need TP for my bunghole!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back