• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Circus ManUnitus - Erik's At The Wheel

Yes, the results vs Saudi Sportswashing Machine and West ham were indeed freak results. We should have won by at least 4 goals vs Saudi Sportswashing Machine. So ok, we should have scored more, but we have played some very good attacking football except a couple of games. But I'll tell you something, no team plays fantastic football and scores 5-6 in every game. If that's what you expect, I'd advice you to follow a hockey team instead.

Stop being silly no one would expects anything of the sort. As I said they were “freak” results.

I see. So when we play well, it doesn't count. It only counts when we have off days...
That's Trump level logic.

I don’t think our performance are as good as you say, we looked dreadful against Brighton and Burnley and let’s not mention the last EL game.
But we will see.

What absolute bollox. One of the biggest clubs in the world, not playing to their level, and the only way is up - it's perfect for him. Much harder to go to one of the biggest clubs in the world who are already winning everything.

lol, Poch has no experience at the United level.
It's not so much about football alone. The club is a tough gig for anybody ATM.

I don’t think our performance are as good as you say, we looked dreadful against Brighton and Burnley and let’s not mention the last EL game.
But we will see.
We really weren’t as bad against Brighton as people say and thats reflected in the chances created and Xg for once.
Pretty football frown mean great football
The games we have okayed great stuff in haven’t had the results but the ones we tightened up in have...
Jose did it the year he won the title at Chelsea after they lost to Stoke I believe and it lead to them winning more games

We really weren’t as bad against Brighton as people say and thats reflected in the chances created and Xg for once.
Pretty football frown mean great football
The games we have okayed great stuff in haven’t had the results but the ones we tightened up in have...
Jose did it the year he won the title at Chelsea after they lost to Stoke I believe and it lead to them winning more games

Yes, I can see that but "tighten up" at what cost and I don't mean we should throw caution to the wind but Burnley, Brighton and Antwerp were a turgid watch, I now don't look forward to watching us and I have 'never' thought that before.
But I'll never stop!

Last edited:
Yes, I can see that but "tighten up" at what cost and I don't mean we should throw caution to the wind but Burnley, Brighton and Antwerp were a turgid watch, I now don't look forward to watching us and I have 'never' thought that before.
But I'll never stop!
Burnley was tough but that’s always the way up there
Brighton was interesting as I say because their a great footballing side with no edge and have done that vs everyone this season
Antwerp I didn’t watch so can’t comment

Brighton was interesting as I say because their a great footballing side with no edge and have done that vs everyone this season

Lucky you, after the West Ham game I didnt think it could get worse, how wrong I was.

You missed nothing.

Just seen an article where United are complaining about their fixtures this week. Citing "It isn't fair"

The Champions League tie in Turkey kicks-off at 5:55pm UK time with United next in action when they face Everton in the 12:30pm match at Goodison Park on Saturday.
United's packed fixture schedule means they will face a quick turnover between matches despite specifically requesting to play later in the weekend.

Ole, could we just remind you. Spurs kick-off at 5.55pm UK time on Thursday and play at 12pm on Sunday (30mins less rest to be exact)

Jog on and deal with it you kn@bhead

I wonder what effect this will have on the Man Utd players?

If they think/know this is real (i.e. they HAVE approached Pochettino or at least the player believe that the club have approached him) do they put in a lesser effort because they want him over Ole?
Or could the players dread his stricter and physically harsher training sessions and thing "F that" and absolutely batter Everton to keep OGS in the job?

I wonder what effect this will have on the Man Utd players?

If they think/know this is real (i.e. they HAVE approached Pochettino or at least the player believe that the club have approached him) do they put in a lesser effort because they want him over Ole?
Or could the players dread his stricter and physically harsher training sessions and thing "F that" and absolutely batter Everton to keep OGS in the job?

You assume United players give a fudge about anything?

That club is a fudging nightmare

Couldn't give a fudge and would probably take first deal out -> Pogba and de Gea
Wondering what the fudge they are doing there -> Bruno and VDB
How do you firesale them out -> Phil Jones, Fosu-Mensah, Rojo, Bailly, Lindelof
Meh -> Fred, Mata, Shaw, Lingard, Matic

Overbloated squad with huge wages

- Backline needs fixing
- Plenty of attacking players but no real striker other than an over the hill Cavani
- A global market that knows you can take united to the cleaners on transfers

To fix that mess you would need not just a manager with a clear plan
- Someone new in charge of transfers
- A lot of money to buy and a willingness to take a huge loss on letting half the squad go

You look at what they let Jose go for
- He said their back line was brick and they needed a top CB (he wanted Toby, they said no and bought Maquire a year later for 3X the money)
- He said Pogba didn't have the attitude to cut in .. Ole has in last couple of games finally given up and not starting Pogba
- He wanted creativity in midfield (he looked at Eriksen), they finally bought Bruno
- List goes on ..

To think an inexperienced manager at that level will fix that club when LVG and Jose failed .. good luck ..

Couldn't give a fudge and would probably take first deal out -> Pogba and de Gea

- Backline needs fixing
- Plenty of attacking players but no real striker other than an over the hill Cavani

- A lot of money to buy and a willingness to take a huge loss on letting half the squad go

- He said their back line was brick and they needed a top CB (he wanted Toby, they said no and bought Maquire a year later for 3X the money)
- He said Pogba didn't have the attitude to cut in .. Ole has in last couple of games finally given up and not starting Pogba
- He wanted creativity in midfield (he looked at Eriksen), they finally bought Bruno
- List goes on ..

To think an inexperienced manager at that level will fix that club when LVG and Jose failed .. good luck ..
I do feel the Pogba signing was a huge mistake. Both for the ‘institution’ and on the pitch. Same with Ozil at Goons, by paying an uninterested player so much it has a knock effect of raising the salary bar for less expectations and limit the number of clubs who would the take the player off your hands.

- Backline needs fixing

- List goes on ..

Hmm, i could easily see Poch utilising that team in a better way than Ole before hitting that point where player recruitment (and not just marketing PR) becomes key to then take things further.
Honestly, what will perhaps hinder him up to that point is getting buy-in from senior players who wont want to do the whole "Train until you drop" thing him and Bielsa are famed for.

He has a nucleus of a good side to fit his usual blueprint as well as what could be seen as what he wanted to implement with us before he left: the diamond.

So he could conceivably play (4-2-3-1):

De Gea
Wan-Bissaka Tuanzebe Maguire Telles
Fred McTominey
James Fernandes Martial
Rashford

Or (4-1-2-1-2):

De Gea
Wan-Bissaka Tuanzebe Maguire Shaw
Fred
McTominey Matic
Fernandes
Rashford Martial

Or (4-3-3):

De Gea
Wan-Bissaka Tuanzebe Maguire Shaw
Fred Fernandes McTominey
Greenwood Martial Rashford

I think he could do decent work with that squad. We have to hope the politics that surrounds that club (plus some of his own foibles) curtails him, at least for the first year or so...

- Backline needs fixing

- List goes on ..

agree with pretty much all of that, I think you've nailed something key too, the fact that people make an argument that LVG and Jose failed, shows the lack of understanding of their situation

Back