• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Circus ManUnitus - Erik's At The Wheel

Sky surpassing themselves tonight, ex player as match commentator and 2 ex players as pundits, all telling us what a fabulous free kick from Mata, which was floating it into the edge of the 6 yard box and hope the goalkeeper is related to Dracula and the defenders watch how pretty the ball looks in the floodlights.

Sky surpassing themselves tonight, ex player as match commentator and 2 ex players as pundits, all telling us what a fabulous free kick from Mata, which was floating it into the edge of the 6 yard box and hope the goalkeeper is related to Dracula and the defenders watch how pretty the ball looks in the floodlights.
They've been outplayed by Brighton (again), and somehow win (again). They've had 1 attack, and scored 2 goals. And we all know they'll get a penalty as well.

Still 1 attack, now 3 goals! A FK going well wide gets deflected by the wall and goes in via the post!
fudge me, how lucky can you get!
I fudging hate those lucky clams with a passion!

United won't get past the group stage in CL.
PSG, Leipzig and Istanbul Bakeshir.
Damn, what a pity.

On the other hand, just look at the jammy groups Emirates Marketing Project, Liverpool and Chelsea managed to pull:

Group A: Bayern Munich, Atletico Madrid, Red Bull Salzburg, Lokomotiv Moscow
Group B: Real Madrid, Shakhtar Donetsk, Inter Milan, Borussia Monchengladbach
Group C: Porto, Emirates Marketing Project, Olympiakos, Marseille
Group D: Liverpool, Ajax, Atalanta, Midtjylland
Group E: Sevilla, Chelsea, Krasnodar, Rennes
Group F: Zenit St Petersburg, Borussia Dortmund, Lazio, Club Bruges
Group G: Juventus, Barcelona, Dynamo Kiev, Ferencvaros
Group H: Paris St-Germain, Man Utd, RB Leipzig, Istanbul Basaksehir

Damn, what a pity.

On the other hand, just look at the jammy groups Emirates Marketing Project, Liverpool and Chelsea managed to pull:

Group A: Bayern Munich, Atletico Madrid, Red Bull Salzburg, Lokomotiv Moscow
Group B: Real Madrid, Shakhtar Donetsk, Inter Milan, Borussia Monchengladbach
Group C: Porto, Emirates Marketing Project, Olympiakos, Marseille
Group D: Liverpool, Ajax, Atalanta, Midtjylland
Group E: Sevilla, Chelsea, Krasnodar, Rennes
Group F: Zenit St Petersburg, Borussia Dortmund, Lazio, Club Bruges
Group G: Juventus, Barcelona, Dynamo Kiev, Ferencvaros
Group H: Paris St-Germain, Man Utd, RB Leipzig, Istanbul Basaksehir

Group A looks to be the 'Group of Death'

Group E looks like a Europa League quartet

While the Beeb are trying their hardest to make out Liverpol are in a tough group, 'Atalanta are no joke' Give me a break they should be qualifying at a canter with at least 14pts

Group A looks to be the 'Group of Death'

Group E looks like a Europa League quartet

While the Beeb are trying their hardest to make out Liverpol are in a tough group, 'Atalanta are no joke' Give me a break they should be qualifying at a canter with at least 14pts
For comparison, here are the groups we've had:

2010/11: Inter, Werder Bremen, Spurs, Twente
2016/17: CSKA Moscow, Bayer Leverkusen, Spurs, Monaco
2017/18: Real Madrid, Borussia Dortmund, Spurs, APOEL
2018/19: Barcelona, Spurs, PSV, Inter
2019/20: Bayern Munich, Spurs, Olympiacos, Red Star Belgrade

Reasonable draws in 2010 and 2016, getting lucky with Bremen and CSKA -- although Monaco turned out to be a killer team that season. Never mind, our team's more than good enough to get some Europa silverware...and I managed to score some bargain tickets to watch us get knocked out by Genk at Wembley. On my birthday. Sitting between Liverpool and Southampton supporting mates.

Then a right bastard of a draw in 2017. Finishing top of that group was absolutely outstanding...only to be crushed by Juve's experience brickhousery in the second round.

I remember the excitement at being in Pot 2 for the 2018 draw. Then we managed to get PSV and Inter as the lesser teams -- about as bad as it could get. Still, we scraped through...and we all know what happened next.

2019 was always going to be a damp squid, but we got a very reasonable group.

Still, none of them are anything like as easy as Liverpool or Chelsea's draws this year.

Already have 4 fantastic forward players in Rashford, Martial, Greenwood and Fernandes so they then spunk fortunes on a desperation big name in Cavani
Literally zero clue have they

Already have 4 fantastic forward players in Rashford, Martial, Greenwood and Fernandes so they then spunk fortunes on a desperation big name in Cavani
Literally zero clue have they

Great players but none of those guys are out and out no. 9s now are they?

I'd rather have our Carlos though. Despite being prone to a glamorous aging star slightly past their past signing Cavani would come in on wages higher than Kane and I don't think he'd justify that across the course of a season.

If you count Igalo's wages too, there's the basis of half a very solid EPL squad just for those two strikers that both aren't going to be first choice. I for one love seeing how well Ole and Ed have managed to "exploit" the market this summer.

*Getting a salty post out of the way before a crushing undeserved 1 - 0 due to some newfound clusterf*ck to do with VAR / handball / Eric Dier looking at the ref the wrong way

There issue is the old case of getting the squad you have firing then going out public and trying to change that up...

Lampards having same issues but less obvious.

Fortress Old Trafford

P2 W0 D0 L2 For 2 Agt 9

And even more surprising. Penalties awarded against them at home in the opening 2 matches. Never been known

Last edited:
It appears Cavani is a great signing. 2 years older than Bale, but apparantly he isnt past it. Already making out he is the best thing since sliced bread

At least Harry is talking sense

It appears Cavani is a great signing. 2 years older than Bale, but apparantly he isnt past it. Already making out he is the best thing since sliced bread

At least Harry is talking sense

I reckon he'll do inbetween the Falcao / Ibra scale of expensive icons signing for Utd. The key question is why they waited so long because they could really do with him hitting the ground running, sure they have forwards but not one with a presence like Cavani.

In terms of reception to the move, more than ever I've seen the word desperation thrown around a fair bit. They needed a bit of a boost and even if it's not in the most needed part of the pitch it'll still galvanise the squad a bit imo.

Maguire is the major issue they're going to have. 80m on that absolute clown, even a 20m fee would look iffy as hell currently. Add in the ridiculous wages of De Gea, Pogba plus Ighalo (and now Cavani), they'll total to half a decent EPL squad's wages easily, it's just insane.

I worry about enjoying the painful demise too much but karma didn't punish me with the Spurs / Utd game so I guess we good. Couldn't happen to a nicer club and long may there be no major changes in the their method of operating.

Back