• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Circus ManUnitus - Erik's At The Wheel

Played golf at Mottram Hall with a couple of utd supporting mates.
Rashfotd and lingard, ones a clam and ones a clam in waiting.
Can't remember which is which.
The clam went away with England squad and left a builder to redo his bathroom, comes back and says to build 'Where's the lights around my bath?'
Builders say 'what lights, you never mentioned lights.'
Clam says 'I'm a fudging Prince and if I want lights I'm having lights', turns and walks away.
Whole bathroom had to be ripped out and done again.

Oh and I shot 84 and couldn't putt for custard if anyone is interested.

Played golf at Mottram Hall with a couple of utd supporting mates.
Rashfotd and lingard, ones a clam and ones a clam in waiting.
Can't remember which is which.
The clam went away with England squad and left a builder to redo his bathroom, comes back and says to build 'Where's the lights around my bath?'
Builders say 'what lights, you never mentioned lights.'
Clam says 'I'm a fudging Prince and if I want lights I'm having lights', turns and walks away.
Whole bathroom had to be ripped out and done again.

Oh and I shot 84 and couldn't putt for custard if anyone is interested.

As a former builder he sounds like the dream client.

You can rebill time and again.

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/david-moyes-opens-up-managing-18791925

The 56-year-old Scot said: “It is a tough job. You have seen how tough it has been for myself, Louis van Gaal and Jose Mourinho – very experienced managers have found it difficult.

“I think it will be another tough season for Ole, but he is trying to do everything to get it right. I hope he is successful. But there are massive expectations.

“When you become Manchester United manager you are expected to win every game. And when you win the game, you are expected to have done it with style. Then when you win, you are expected to have scored plenty of goals as well.

“Ole will be aware of that and know he has to do well.

“They have now chosen to sign some young players, and when you look back they signed Wayne Rooney from us at Everton aged 18. Cristiano Ronaldo was also 18 when he joined, so over the years they have had a policy of signing young players and many of them have been the best up-and-coming future stars.

“I think Man United just need to follow their values of old.”

Moyes felt Old Trafford was a perfect fit for him after 11 years at Everton when he got the chance to follow Ferguson.

The job proved hugely challenging and he was axed in the April with United sitting seventh. But he would surely have been more successful if the club had landed his main transfer targets, Gareth Bale and Cesc Fabregas.

But the person Moyes is most frustrated with, after inheriting a title-winning squad, is himself.

He reflected: “I would have loved to have done much better. It was a great opportunity and a job I felt I fitted.

“I am more disappointed with myself that I didn’t make it work. I believe I am much better than what I showed [he really isnt]. I had to do better. There were mitigating circumstances. When you look at it now, what Sir Alex got from the squad to win the league is remarkable.

“What I didn’t get was time.

“Do I believe United would be in the Champions League now? Yeah I do, if I had been in charge. [hilarious]

“Do I believe we would have a much more stable club? Yeah, I do. I have also got to admit in the short time I was there, I had to win more games.

“I had a really good squad, but an ageing squad. I only signed two players, other managers have signed lots. I didn’t think United needed to sign bundles of players, but needed to do it gradually.

“What you would ideally do at most clubs is sign three or four senior players a year. I would still try to follow that. Manchester United could never be a revolution. It has to be evolution. I wanted to follow all those things that Manchester United stood for and felt that was the way to go about it.

“I didn’t think I was going to be under pressure after six or 10 months because that wasn’t the club’s values. Maybe I was naive and I should have realised that quicker.

“It was a squad which was changing and ageing, and very attached to the previous manager – and rightly so. It was going to take a bit of time for them to get used to me but I wouldn’t have changed or altered what I did.”

Mata dives one minute into added time to earn them a match winning penalty against Norwegian part timers Kristiansund. Pogba was rubbish, as usual. All the glory hunters are ecstatic.

He's an alright defender and poses a goal threat but that's about the limit of it. They are dreaming if they think he can have a similar impact there that VVD has ať Liverpool, and for that money, that is what they should be getting.
I like Maguire but I think he will be scrutinised from day one there. VVD is a top player but he also joined a team that had one of the worst keepers and centre backs but were scoring goals for fun, so as well as he has done a lot of the other parts were in place and he had a low bar to improve upon.

United are a team in transition, as we’ve seen if the midfield isn’t there then it doesn’t matter how good your centre backs are.

I still don’t know why United didn’t slap down the 25 for Toby early doors. He has much more experience than Maguire especially in Europe.

Maguire is good and better than the common portrayal as a physical stopper. He has some footballing skills. But the tag as the world's most expensive defender will be hard to live up to. If he can match the impact of VVD it will be a bargain, but ...

Maguire is good and better than the common portrayal as a physical stopper. He has some footballing skills. But the tag as the world's most expensive defender will be hard to live up to. If he can match the impact of VVD it will be a bargain, but ...

I agree that he is a decent defender, £80m ought to buy you a great one.

No doubt about that. But with these ridiculous transfer fees, as mad as it sounds, I think Maguire for 80m is far better value than Dunk for 45m.

So true, you should hear my friends who are Brighton fans going crazy about losing Dunk. The same tossers who busted my chops over berbatov, Keane, Modric and Bale.

I agree that he is a decent defender, £80m ought to buy you a great one.

Yes, it ought. I suppose the value needs to be framed as a question about how much he will improve their defence. If he can form a good partnership with one of their other CBs and make the whole defence better it might be worth the money. What makes good CBs great is the ability to lead the defence and make those around them better. VVD has that, Ledley had that. I don't know if Maguire has this quality. If he does it could be one of Woodward's best buys.*

* Although some would say being able to tie his own shoelaces would make him a contender for that honour.

Yes, it ought. I suppose the value needs to be framed as a question about how much he will improve their defence. If he can form a good partnership with one of their other CBs and make the whole defence better it might be worth the money. What makes good CBs great is the ability to lead the defence and make those around them better. VVD has that, Ledley had that. I don't know if Maguire has this quality. If he does it could be one of Woodward's best buys.*

* Although some would say being able to tie his own shoelaces would make him a contender for that honour.
Valid question, I’d have assumed Morgan and Evans would have been the organisers at Leicestergiven their experience, not to say that’s something he could at least take with him compared to the current united group.

Back