• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Circus ManUnitus - Erik's At The Wheel

Apparently the players all queued up end of the season for bumper deals, basing their demands on Pogba/Sanchez and their contributions compared.

Man U have made a rod for their backs here, Rashford is not 200k a week but on the above he is, its funny as you like really and serves them right.

Makes you realise what can happen and why Levy does not set that tone at Spurs, we could not support it anyway, but the 200k for Kane is a mark deserved and is clever because who can mark themselves against a 25+ striker? They can't.

I see that Man U ship being unhappy again this season.
Under the radar a bit... They gave mata 140k, a bit part 31 year old on a 3yr deal.... Seemed massive to me

Under the radar a bit... They gave mata 140k, a bit part 31 year old on a 3yr deal.... Seemed massive to me

Thats huge, like you say bit part 31 year old.

Fergi would have him on 30 leveraging the bit part but you play for United.

They are losing their identity fast for me, Fergi era being torn down

Thing is, it said Solskjaer was looking for an experienced premier league defender.....why not but Toby for £25m?

Makes absolute sense.

They have young players in Bailley, Lindeloff and Fosu Mensa who could all benefit from working with Alderweireld. He would offer them an immediate short term upgrade, and long term legacy.

For (at least) £45m less.

£45m that could go toward a decent midfielder...

Throwing £70-80m at Maguire (a player I must stress I really like) is just crazy, and smacks of Utds complex about being seen to be spending big. Swinging their weight around and proving how "big" they are.

Yet their targets are decidedly not "Big" players, despite the fees, nor when looked at as a whole do they seem to really make sense either.

*Id include contracts in this as well. Huge money on Rashford, Im not even convinced he is that good. Big money on an aging Mata. Ridiculous offer to De Gea...

WBS is not 50m, I know its peoples theory that he is worth whats paid but in my opinion thats crazzzzzzzzzy

Very Very good player for sure but 50m, not for me

they could just offer the high wages to the players who are decent they would still get players who want to come. In reality who were they competing in signing Rashford - barca and RM as reported in the press - yeh right.

You haven't read the Ed Woodward Gazette.

they could just offer the high wages to the players who are decent they would still get players who want to come. In reality who were they competing in signing Rashford - barca and RM as reported in the press - yeh right.

I think they are such a shambles and not in CL that they would struggle to get the names of yesteryear. For example I doubt any of ours would be turned by them now, I doubt the Ajax wonder kids would go there or an Mbappe...its such a mess and smacks of no plan

WBS is not 50m, I know its peoples theory that he is worth whats paid but in my opinion thats crazzzzzzzzzy

Very Very good player for sure but 50m, not for me

For me theres a bit of nuance to that, so Im going to agree and disagree on that one.

Levy does a deal, "up to" £55m, where we pay £30m up front and the rest on performance - its a £55m deal Id be really comfortable with. If we ever pay the full amount Wan-Bissaka was clearly worth every penny.

Woodward does a deal, "up to" £55m, paying £50m up front and the rest on performance - well thats just crazy town to me.

He may well end up looking like a bargain, but right now thats just gambling on a massive scale.

Bear in mind thats not far off the deal we have done for NDombele for a bit of perspective...

For me theres a bit of nuance to that, so Im going to agree and disagree on that one.

Levy does a deal, "up to" £55m, where we pay £30m up front and the rest on performance - its a £55m deal Id be really comfortable with. If we ever pay the full amount Wan-Bissaka was clearly worth every penny.

Woodward does a deal, "up to" £55m, paying £50m up front and the rest on performance - well thats just crazy town to me.

He may well end up looking like a bargain, but right now thats just gambling on a massive scale.

Bear in mind thats not far off the deal we have done for NDombele for a bit of perspective...

True but I would say at one season, 50m all in for a right back is a hell of alot, where as Ndombele few seasons in, managed the first move to a bigger club, played in Europe and played for France and I would argue in a role which generally commands more money than full backs.

I think ultimately Man United buy poorly now, really poorly, I exclude WBS in that because although I disagree with the fee he is a decent player. But the others they have signed are shockers. Pogba, Sanchez and Lukaku have been dreadful and the money invested in them is scary.

Emirates Marketing Project spend loads of money but its all 40m for players most, if being honest don't pop off page as super stars now. Laporte, Rodri, Sane, Ottamendi, Jesus but they are what they need in roles they need them in, they scout VERY well in my opinion now.

True but I would say at one season, 50m all in for a right back is a hell of alot, where as Ndombele few seasons in, managed the first move to a bigger club, played in Europe and played for France and I would argue in a role which generally commands more money than full backs.

I think ultimately Man United buy poorly now, really poorly, I exclude WBS in that because although I disagree with the fee he is a decent player. But the others they have signed are shockers. Pogba, Sanchez and Lukaku have been dreadful and the money invested in them is scary.

Emirates Marketing Project spend loads of money but its all 40m for players most, if being honest don't pop off page as super stars now. Laporte, Rodri, Sane, Ottamendi, Jesus but they are what they need in roles they need them in, they scout VERY well in my opinion now.
Emirates Marketing Project have been hit and miss imo but with Agüero Silva and Kompany they had an excellent starting point. De Bruyne is a superb player but fortunately for the rest of the division he’s looking to be injury prone.

They had been buying young which at least gives them a sell on value, I guess Walker and Mahrez are recent exceptions. I’m not convinced by their scouting of defenders, they have 4 of the most expensive of all time and it seems to be based on ‘does the defender have a mistake in him and does he cost more than 40m’!

Last edited:

Thats my point, we paid a little more for a much more "complete" player, and a decent chunk of the higher balance on the never never add ons.

They paid a huge sum for WBS as he stands.

I agree they buy poorly, I think their best purchase in years was probably Mata, though I disagree with the extension they gave him. Says a lot, doesnt it?

Neymar's available. He should fit in well with their squad dynamic.

Neymar can leave ‘if offer suits’, says PSG sporting director Leonardo

Paris St Germain sporting director Leonardo is prepared to sell Neymar after the Brazil forward failed to report for pre-season training.

Neymar was scheduled to report back to the French club’s training ground on Monday but was absent without leave as speculation surrounds a move back to his former club Barcelona.
Neymar missed the Copa América tournament – which Brazil won by beating Peru 3-1 in Sunday’s final – due to an ankle injury sustained in a friendly against Qatar last month.

He is banned for three matches at the start of the new Ligue 1 season after lashing out at a fan at the end of PSG’s shock French Cup final defeat to Rennes in April.

The former Santos forward will also miss his next three European matches after insulting match officials at the end of his side’s Champions League defeat to Manchester United in March.

So three match ban for attacking a fan, a three match ban for insulting referees, and his absence from the Brazilian team allows them to play the manager's pressing game and win.

A line up of Pogba, Sanchez and Neymar would frighten any manager, just not the manager Woodward thinks.

The Mirror

Ole Gunnar Solskjaer's pre-season preparations have been overshadowed by the saga surrounding Paul Pogba - and now it seems other members of his squad are unsettled.

ESPN has claimed that certain members of the squad are 'concerned' that the manager has based his pre-season preparations on fitness.

The 'foreign contingent', it is claimed, believe that his 'British' methods are old school and not enough importance is being placed on ball work.

Solskjaer's current sessions apparently involve 'just running, running and running' but the manager made clear his desire to work on things on the training ground after inheriting a squad from Jose Mourinho that lacked fitness.

I think they will in the end unfortunately

I wouldn't be surprised if they had tried to tap him up but been privately knocked back. I might be wrong, but I'd say he'd be more interested in having one or two medals to show his grandkids than the difference between 150 and 180k a week at this stage of his career. Why would he choose to go there, the state they're in? It ought to be as obvious to him as it is anyone else that by the time they get close to a title-winning side again, he'll very likely have hung up his boots. I still think if he moves anywhere other than abroad, it'll be Liverpool.

Love them or hate them United are one of the greatest clubs in britain and a top club in the world, Pogba and his agent are being arseholes, anyone with any class could have come up with a statement along the lines that things have not worked out at United and it would be better for both parties if he left, but these words used by the agent just like the mouthy dad at a kids football match who thinks his kid is better than everyone else and any problems are caused by the team, club or little men from Mars.

Back